Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2010, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA, Starwood, AAdvantage, Alaska, BAEC, Marriott, Hawaiian, Hilton HHonors
For any one who might be interested here is my first experience with ordering coins:

1. Ordered $1000 over the phone on August 23rd. Asked what was in stock and was told the NA's were available so ordered 4 boxes.

2. Received an email on August 27th advising items shipped.

3. Box delivered by UPS on August 31st, signature required.

So far so good!
Old Aug 31, 2010, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by atanac
For any one who might be interested here is my first experience with ordering coins:

1. Ordered $1000 over the phone on August 23rd. Asked what was in stock and was told the NA's were available so ordered 4 boxes.

So far so good!
Inspired to reflect back on my first order: It was June 14, 2008, and those two boxes of John Quincy Adams took over a month to arrive. My next order wasn't 'til August 13, 2008.

Oh yes, I remember taking it slow at the start...
Old Sep 1, 2010, 6:02 am

So far so good!
Welcome to the game. Enjoy your coin crack! You'll be back to the dealer soon.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by blakeIV

...Now, all that said. I am 5,700 points (SPG AmX) away from a free trip to Hawaii. I can kill some with coins and normal expenses. Anyone want to PM me with ideas for how I can earn an extra 3k points this month? I have about 28 days left and would like to finish off the points I need this month, before everything is booked for next summer. Thanks! (If not, I'll keep reading and hopefully I will figure something out.)
You can always "pull forward" spends. Most grocery or department stores sell gift cards. You can pull forward 6 months of grocery spend to GCs if you get near the deadline and have the cash to do it.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 7:53 am

Programs: LOL, ROFL & ...
I had debated on adding to the most recent conversation in the thread..

Essentially, this kind of activity is common within communities outside of FT. Communities that are about bending and or skirting rules for personal gain (search engine optimization, online gaming cheating, hacking, etc..). When a great method is posted (Mint, Citi USA) the masses kill it.

I've personally reached out to some of the more veteran folks on this forum and asked questions about techniques and have been ignored.

With that being said, there are STILL lucrative tricks for the methods that are considered by the FT community to be dead that I've come across on my own. How many others know about these? I have no idea. I'd imagine not very many since they still work. What happens when those cats are out of the bag? They die just like everything else. There's little incentive to share, sadly.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 9:33 am

Programs: AA, UA Gold, SPG, Marriott Gold

So far so good!
Back to the real topic. Anybody else notice how slow the Mint is lately? My first order was shipped in 2 days and overnighted. Since that, they have taken up to a week to get shipped.

Guess its hard to play by the rules if things move so slowly (and they start your 10 days on the day delivered).
Old Sep 1, 2010, 9:38 am

Back to the real topic. Anybody else notice how slow the Mint is lately? My first order was shipped in 2 days and overnighted. Since that, they have taken up to a week to get shipped.

Guess its hard to play by the rules if things move so slowly (and they start your 10 days on the day delivered).
I agree, it has been slow recently. My last week's order is still not shipped yet
Old Sep 1, 2010, 9:49 am
Suspended

10 days starts when you order
Old Sep 1, 2010, 10:21 am

Programs: UA,CO,SPG
Originally Posted by Stoughton
+1
Old Sep 1, 2010, 10:50 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by Stoughton
Originally Posted by popot53
+1
+2
Old Sep 1, 2010, 11:34 am

Called the local branch of my bank this morning and they said I can deposit boxes of these presedential coins anytime I'd like. Looks like I will start placing my orders this week. Won't be long before all of my CC purchase requirements are met

Old Sep 1, 2010, 12:17 pm
Suspended

They must have cleared whatever was clogging the system. An order I placed at 5:00 this morning is already listed as "In Process". This is in comparison to one that was placed on the 27th which also moved from 'on hold' to 'in process' today as well.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA, BA, WN CP, CO, AK, LH, DL, UA, VS, SPG, IHG, Hyatt, Hilton, Carlson, Fairmont Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by zutmin
Called the local branch of my bank this morning and they said I can deposit boxes of these presedential coins anytime I'd like. Looks like I will start placing my orders this week. Won't be long before all of my CC purchase requirements are met

You probably already know this, but be careful with your CC usage -- be sure to have other spend on the card and try to keep the balance <40% of your credit limit. You don't want to risk losing that new card and the points/miles that came with it. Good luck!
Old Sep 1, 2010, 2:03 pm

Location: IAD, and sometimes OMNI/PR. Currently: not far from IAD, but home will always be SAN (not far from the "touch my junk and I'll have you arrested" Memorial TSA Check Point) even if I'm not there so much these days.
Programs: UA, CO, Calcifer Award for Mad Haiku Skillz
Originally Posted by weave
Do you keep your coins in your office desk?!

I have several rolls in my desk. Fortunately one must pass by my secretary to get into my office and at night it's locked behind her door as well as mine.
Ha! Not only do I keep several rolls IN my desk, I kept thousands of dollars in coins on the floor under my desk when I would have them delivered to my office because no one was at home to sign for them. When I finally took them all home I realized what a comfortable foot rest the boxes had been. Of course, no one else knew they were there, but the mailroom guy knows I am a voracious reader who has a lot of books delivered to the office.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA, Starwood, AAdvantage, Alaska, BAEC, Marriott, Hawaiian, Hilton HHonors
Originally Posted by tima1212
You probably already know this, but be careful with your CC usage -- be sure to have other spend on the card and try to keep the balance <40% of your credit limit. You don't want to risk losing that new card and the points/miles that came with it. Good luck!
Anyone receive points with a Barclay's CC for these coin transactions?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.