Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Old Aug 15, 2010, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by jftino
I have that experience a lot when i try and spend them. people look at them like they are fake. I use them in machines where i dont have to deal with that when i can, but honestly, its usually just not worth the hassle.
what kind of machines do you refer to? I only see machines that accept quarters or coins of lower denomination, but not dollar coins.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 9:07 pm

Programs: UA,CO,SPG
Is anyone afraid of getting a SAR against them when depositing these coins to the bank? How much trouble could one possibly get into?
Old Aug 15, 2010, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by PhlyingRPh
I stand amazed. Amazed that you ran into one of the few clerks in the country that knows exactly what is etched onto legal tender.
I did not think that the clerk knew what is etched on the coin, but rather the manager told them so.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by popot53
Is anyone afraid of getting a SAR against them when depositing these coins to the bank? How much trouble could one possibly get into?
I know I've gotten a lot of CTRs filed, but not sure how many SARs. I'm not depositing in CTR territory currently, and I've never had to wait for them to fill out a report in the last 6 months w/ my deposits of $1-3k.

So, I'm not worried at all about that SARs are getting filed on me currently. Plus, I wouldn't be worried if they were being filed on me. I'm ordering coins form the mint and depositing them at the bank. Sure, it may look suspicious, but I'm not breaking the law. Bring on the SARs.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 10:22 pm

Programs: UA,CO,SPG
So did you have to wait for them to fill out a form after your deposit when you were getting a CTR or SAR filed against you?
Old Aug 15, 2010, 10:31 pm

Programs: All, but no status!
A SAR is a "Suspicious Activity Report". If you make up a lie, then that may be suspicious, but as long as you play it straight there should be no suspicion. Earlier upthread there were reports of people making up bogus stories about how they got the coins; obviously (and/or hopefully) that would raise suspicions.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 11:31 pm

So did you have to wait for them to fill out a form after your deposit when you were getting a CTR or SAR filed against you?
I know I've had to wait for them to fill out a CTR (Chase Banks in the Seattle area). From what I understand, they don't tell you when they are filling out a SAR.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 11:45 pm

Programs: AmexPlat,SPG,CitiAA,One pass,
going to MEXICO today hope they like gold coins for there tips...
Old Aug 15, 2010, 11:48 pm

Programs: UAL 1MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA 3MM
Originally Posted by LLM
Tried. They do take coins but are required to unroll, recount and put in new rolls. Their excuse was no rolls on hand for dollar coins . It was the last day to pay so I gave them a check and went to a nearby bank with a coin counter that gave me cash for them. If I had known this (they don't answer their phone) or if there were not an endless line would have gotten the cash FIRST.
Next time bring empty paper rolls with you so they don't try to pull that line again. I am sure your bank can get you some.

Last edited by mrpickles; Aug 16, 2010 at 7:55 pm
Old Aug 16, 2010, 12:43 am

Programs: AAdvantage, United MileagePlus, Alaska MileagePlan, Marriott Rewards
ive taken a break from coins for a while, but now noticing that there's the 4 box limit per 10 days. does that mean the old 2 box per president per household limit is gone?
Old Aug 16, 2010, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by bylin2000
ive taken a break from coins for a while, but now noticing that there's the 4 box limit per 10 days. does that mean the old 2 box per president per household limit is gone?
Yep! And everything is in stock. Received my last order within a week of ordering.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 6:29 am

Is the site on maintenance or something? I've been trying to place an order but could not go through...
Old Aug 16, 2010, 7:13 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by eagleswings
Is the site on maintenance or something? I've been trying to place an order but could not go through...
If you're trying to use Firefox, that's why you're having problems. Try IE (or Chrome has been reported to work fine too).
Old Aug 16, 2010, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Care to share what coins these are? I've had the 2010 NA's sitting since early last week
They were 2010 NA's
Old Aug 16, 2010, 7:34 am

I recently paid some roofers 600 in coins as they were a small operation and did not take credit card. They did not seem to mind and even said "Cash is Cash"

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.