Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2010, 2:08 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Just as a datapoint... I was told by a CSR at the Mint today that the 10 day limit is business days, not calendar days. So, she wouldn't place my order since my last order was on the 9th. But, I've been placing orders 10 calendar days apart for the past month or so and it's been working just fine. So, I don't really know what the deal is with that, but just posting it in case somebody else comes across this problem.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 2:41 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
"Real life values" - Can anyone define this objectively?

I value freedom to wander and the ability to see far flung corners of the globe - and to do so comfortably - which I would not otherwise be able to afford for both my wife and I. Simple enough. I am, after all, seriously inflicted by wanderlust.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA/AA
I tried the ten calendar day approach and it did not work at all. Upon calling, I was informed they require ten days from the date your credit card is processed. So the actual order date becomes useless for timing your next order since you never know exactly when they will process your order. What a ridiculous policy.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
"Real life values" - Can anyone define this objectively?

I value freedom to wander and the ability to see far flung corners of the globe - and to do so comfortably - which I would not otherwise be able to afford for both my wife and I. Simple enough. I am, after all, seriously inflicted by wanderlust.
Different things matter to people at different stages in one's life, the importance of the same value can also vary over the course of life....what is important to you may not be important to me or at least not to the same degree (other than wanderlust, of course).......to each his/her own.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 3:07 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
That is not quite the case for me. Last shipped date and the new order date were less than 10 days. The new order was accepted and was just shipped.

Looks like they just have no idea what they are talking about. Some say business day, some say calendar day, an earlier post even quoted a rep saying 9 days, etc... I have heard FTers sometimes getting multiple orders without a problem, and all in a sudden none is approved even after the 10-day wait. Sounds like it is just a random policy.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 4:11 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Originally Posted by lovetotravel
Different things matter to people at different stages in one's life, the importance of the same value can also vary over the course of life....what is important to you may not be important to me or at least not to the same degree (other than wanderlust, of course).......to each his/her own.
Hence my request - define real life values objectively. Your response is as close as anyone can get to that because we all know - or should know - that "real life values" are subjective and highly malleable.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 5:30 pm

Programs: HH Dia, Hyatt Plat
I have had no issues with 10 calendar days from the day of the order even with a short backorder (2 days).

When they go in-stock and reserved is when your CC is authorized. So it shouldn't be any later than 10 days after that and not the shipping date.

One note: I have been using different CC so I'm not re-using the same card every 10 days, I don't know if that makes a difference.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by Paiteaw
I tried the ten calendar day approach and it did not work at all. Upon calling, I was informed they require ten days from the date your credit card is processed. So the actual order date becomes useless for timing your next order since you never know exactly when they will process your order. What a ridiculous policy.
At any point have you tried to order more than 4 boxes in 10 days? I think most people who log in as a guest and order every 10 days have had no problems. Wait ten days from your last order and try again, better than no coins at all. Could have just been a mistake on their end.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 9:16 am

Programs: ALL
Originally Posted by Astrophsx
I think most people who log in as a guest and order every 10 days have had no problems. .
Do must people log in as a guest? I've had no problems ordering through my account.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 9:25 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Today when I placed an order, the CSR said that the rule is 10 calendar days (after a CSR told me yesterday that it was 10 business days) and there is a notice that pops up if the person has ordered in the "last 9 calendar days". I got the impression though, that the CSR can override it and place the order anyway, but it may be canceled later down the line.

As for the comments about an account vs guest... I've never created an account because I think it gives them an extra level of tracking ability. I really don't think it matters though because if you call the place the order over the phone, they have all of your information saved anyway. They'll ask you if you've ordered before and then ask for your zip code and last name. That information brings up your file.... email, phone & billing address.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
1000 Sacajaweas ordered 7/5, backorder date is now 7/28. At this rate it will be hard to do more than $1K / month.

And the Sacajaweas are the ones they're supposed to be emphasizing!
Old Jul 21, 2010, 10:15 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MikeMpls
1000 Sacajaweas ordered 7/5, backorder date is now 7/28. At this rate it will be hard to do more than $1K / month.

As it's been 10 days since you ordered, have you tried to place another oder? (just curious is it would work)
Old Jul 21, 2010, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by tattikat2
Hello,
Anyone know what OFC stands for?
The detailed description of the charge that just hit my card as "OFC DOLLAR COIN" is:

--
US Mint Circulating Dollar Coin Sales
Doing Business As: OFC OF DOLLAR COIN PROGRA
Category: Other - Government Services
--

so it looks to me like it's short for "Office of the dollar coin program", rather than being an acronym.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 10:30 am

Programs: AA Advantage Platinum, United 1K, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by SkinsFan0521
Today when I placed an order, the CSR said that the rule is 10 calendar days (after a CSR told me yesterday that it was 10 business days) and there is a notice that pops up if the person has ordered in the "last 9 calendar days". I got the impression though, that the CSR can override it and place the order anyway, but it may be canceled later down the line.

As for the comments about an account vs guest... I've never created an account because I think it gives them an extra level of tracking ability. I really don't think it matters though because if you call the place the order over the phone, they have all of your information saved anyway. They'll ask you if you've ordered before and then ask for your zip code and last name. That information brings up your file.... email, phone & billing address.
I have never placed a phone order. I login and purchase on the web every 10 days (10th, 20th etc.) I have had NO problems ordering with this method.
I really don't understand why people are calling and talking to misinformed CSRs.

Cheers!
Old Jul 21, 2010, 11:08 am

Programs: HH Dia, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by MikeMpls

Why are you ordering the Sacajaweas when all the others are not backordered?

My NA's orders have been shipping in 3-4 days consistently

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.