Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Old Jul 19, 2010, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

By Golly, we are almost done with July 2010.

All the quoted links are stuff in 2009 that have been mentioned / discussed many times over on this thread as they came out, not to mention that those articles were at least a full year late on this topic.

And you claim you have "monitored" this and other threads for over a year.... first, you insulted everyone by your initial posts, then you followed with this "new findings" as if they are some news...

please, jschner, you are beating a dead horse - the more you post, the more ignorant side of you have come out.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by Pup
So you don't think people doing this are actually stupid or dumb, they may have just lost sight of real life values?
Pup this is off topic again and I apologize to those forced to suffer through it - - - but that's not at all what I think of people doing this (and you know I never said that). Not even the "legendary" MrP has dedicated/devoted his life to this, has he?

But the fact that it's possible in life to lose sight of real values is definitely one of the messages of Up in the Air. And that message is delivered by the film in a highly exaggerated, FF context.

I recommend you watch it if you haven't already. It's really good, almost won an Academy Award for George Clooney in fact, and I suspect any FTer will enjoy it. But unlike real FTers, the Clooney character never goes home (doesn't even have one in fact), always travels, and his entire life literally revolves around points, flyer status, etc.

It's not realistic of course - but a good metaphor for how we can get too caught up in something, anything.

But, and the reason I mentioned this film in the previous off topic post, is that folks who do this stuff are perceived as being very, very smart.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ejs621
If your using a coin counting machine just throw in some spare change to avoid exact number deposits. In other words, instead of of $1,000 make it $1,000.27.
The tellers will usually remark about "Wow, that's alot of change." I usually shrug my shoulders and reply, "Yes, it is." I've never felt the need yo give a further explanation.

Cheers!
The machine at my CU prints a slip with the amounts for each coin. Once a teller remarked at all the dollar coins I was depositing. Now I make sure to turn a decent amount into quarters through the vending machines at work. It's kind of fun, actually -- put in one, get four.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
All the quoted links are stuff in 2009 that have been mentioned / discussed many times over on this thread as they came out, not to mention that those articles were at least a full year late on this topic.

And you claim you have "monitored" this and other threads for over a year.... first, you insulted everyone by your initial posts, then you followed with this "new findings" as if they are some news...

please, jschner, you are beating a dead horse - the more you post, the more ignorant side of you have come out.
Kind of hostile aren't you, Happy? (Your metaphor is a worn out, cliche and your grammar is bad BTW -- so there!)

Despite that, I didn't think HoKo, who stated that he was new, asked an unreasonable question - particularly for a thread with 9K+ posts. I did my best to answer him, which is more than I can say for you.

I'm sure you know better than I do. So why don't you post an on topic, clear answer to his question (and mine)?

Last edited by jschner; Jul 19, 2010 at 4:11 pm
Old Jul 19, 2010, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by HoKo
But with all that being said I have been doing the US Mint coins for about 1 month now and I haven't been able to figure out how to get around the current $1000 every 10 days limit. Many people in the most recent posts have pointed out how they were able to circumvent the current limit, is this done by using different billing addresses, different credit cards, different shipping addresses, different names, or some combination of the above?
You can try asking them via PM but with just 3 posts they might not answer.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 4:26 pm

Its obvious that Jschner refuses to read any post to get a sense of the history or evolution of this, citing 9k+ posts, he seems to want others to justify to him why he should do it. He refuses to give up and still insults either our intelligence or life values. He is also muddying up the true information that has evolved in this thread over time by posting outdated information that is already covered in the thread.

We should ignore him from now on and let him find his own values.

Unless of course he post things that are totally egregious.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by jschner
Your metaphor is a worn out, cliche and your grammar is bad BTW -- so there!
I love the grammar in that sentence! That's not even an Oxford comma - that's just superfluous.

I'm sure jschner will be back to explain that he made that mistake on purpose, so as to come down to Happy's level of prose.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lovetotravel
Its obvious that Jschner refuses to read any post to get a sense of the history or evolution of this, citing 9k+ posts, he seems to want others to justify to him why he should do it. He refuses to give up and still insults either our intelligence or life values. He is also muddying up the true information that has evolved in this thread over time by posting outdated information that is already covered in the thread.

We should ignore him from now on and let him find his own values.

Unless of course he post things that are totally egregious.
^
Old Jul 19, 2010, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by HoKo
Hey guys, I've been monitoring this thread for a while and I've read the sticky FAQ (I'll be careful not to claim I've been doing so for a year though haha) I'm relatively new to the whole FF community, I only discovered this about 3 months ago, but I think I've been making up for lost time pretty effectively (United MP 50K offer, personal and biz SPG for 60K, and personal and biz chase checking for 50K) and I've tried to do my homework so I wouldn't drive anyone crazy posting basic questions like "what is churning?"

But with all that being said I have been doing the US Mint coins for about 1 month now and I haven't been able to figure out how to get around the current $1000 every 10 days limit. Many people in the most recent posts have pointed out how they were able to circumvent the current limit, is this done by using different billing addresses, different credit cards, different shipping addresses, different names, or some combination of the above?

I know that a lot of times people don't necessarily want to share their exact tactics but any guidance would be much appreciated.
The current limits are fairly new and as of now there does not seem to be a way around them. If someone is willing to share any workarounds with you thru PMS, wonderful, just try not to insult anyone
Old Jul 19, 2010, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
I love the grammar in that sentence! That's not even an Oxford comma - that's just superfluous.

I'm sure jschner will be back to explain that he made that mistake on purpose, so as to come down to Happy's level of prose.
I didn't do that on purpose - it was 100% (,) my mistake.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 9:39 pm

Programs: United: 1K
Originally Posted by jschner
Is that all there is to this or are more substantial benefits possible?
Nope, just beer money is possible so just move on.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 10:21 am

Programs: ALL
backorders

First post on this topic, but I check it daily and think I have read all 9,000 + posts (wow).

Quick question, notwithstanding the backorder dates (or lack thereof) listed on the mint's website (currently only the 2001 NAs are on backorder) are certain coins shipping faster than others? I've had Jacksons and the 2001 NAs shipped after others ordered on the same day (even though they had the same backorder date or no backorder date at the time of order).

Last edited by azhoopsfan; Jul 20, 2010 at 10:32 am
Old Jul 20, 2010, 10:41 am

Programs: Any and all of 'em
Originally Posted by azhoopsfan
First post on this topic, but I check it daily and think I have read all 9,000 + posts (wow).

Quick question, notwithstanding the backorder dates (or lack thereof) listed on the mint's website (currently only the 2001 NAs are on backorder) are certain coins shipping faster than others? I've had Jacksons and the 2001 NAs shipped after others ordered on the same day (even though they had the same backorder date or no backorder date at the time of order).
I haven't experienced any consistency, it's all over the place. It adds to the thrill, I suppose.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 11:14 am

Programs: ALL
Originally Posted by Izzy24
I haven't experienced any consistency, it's all over the place. It adds to the thrill, I suppose.
After having 4 boxes of one coin canceled months ago (for no reason), I've been ordering 2 boxes of 2 different coins at a time. Are people generally ordering 4 boxes of one coin? If so, are people mixing it up or is there a preference (based on speed) of any particular coin?

My last order of 2010 NAs came really fast.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 11:58 am

Programs: Any and all of 'em
Originally Posted by azhoopsfan
After having 4 boxes of one coin canceled months ago (for no reason), I've been ordering 2 boxes of 2 different coins at a time. Are people generally ordering 4 boxes of one coin? If so, are people mixing it up or is there a preference (based on speed) of any particular coin?

My last order of 2010 NAs came really fast.
I don't know if there is a generally accepted strategy. My understanding is that with the new 10 day rule there are no longer limits on each coin, so four of the same kind shouldn't pose a problem. As far as speed, who knows. My last order was 2 boxes of NAs and 2 boxes of George Washingtons. The NAs were ready to ship, and the Washingtons were backordered (~2 weeks), yet they all came together a few days later.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.