Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2010, 12:14 pm

Programs: HH Dia, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by SuperW2
This may have been covered and I just missed it at a quick glance...

How does the Back order affect the $1000/10Days... I'm just > 10 days from my last order, which is on back order until next week (supposedly). Can I/Should I order the next $1000, or should I wait until these are all delivered before I place a new order at risk of getting some all of them cancelled for buying too many?

SW2
My experience has been that if you violate the 10 day rule (which isn't clear in the Backorder case) that your new order will sit on hold . if that happens you can cancel the order and retry
Old Jul 8, 2010, 3:18 pm

Programs: UA Silver
my order says '1-2 week shipping' at checkout?

I am a newbie.

I am trying to buy $500 NA. My profile says to ship expedited. My understanding per USMint and this FT thread is that $500 orders of NA receive expedited shipping.

Is it correct that the USMint website at checkout says 1-2weeks shipping? Is it really 1-2 weeks?

I would like to be around when my first order delivers--or at least not plan to be out of town.

Thank you.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 6:25 pm

Programs: SPG, UA, BA, AA, Hawaiian, Cont.
Is it Odd for 1 of the (4) 250 box orders (The JAMES MADISON that was supposedly backordered, but shipped anyhow) to be coming FedEx Ground with a estimated delivery date next week (shipped yesterday from INDIANAPOLIS, IN and now sitting in EARTH CITY, MO)?

This is only my 2nd order, but the first were next day and UPS, not FEDEX.

SW2

Last edited by SuperW2; Jul 8, 2010 at 6:31 pm
Old Jul 8, 2010, 6:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Originally Posted by benmaller
My experience has been that if you violate the 10 day rule (which isn't clear in the Backorder case) that your new order will sit on hold . if that happens you can cancel the order and retry
does anyone know how that works? My scagewas are on back order to be shipped in a week or so but my ten day window is coming up. Do you go ahead and overlap orders or wait until shipment of first order?
Old Jul 8, 2010, 6:45 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond; SPG Gold; MR Platinum :)
Originally Posted by jlgrandam
I've been using my SPG Amex for both coins (~1500/month) and normal purchases since this deal began in 2008 and have not heard a word from Amex.
Just a quick question without reading the whole thread...do you get points for coin purchases still?
Old Jul 8, 2010, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by monsrt
Just a quick question without reading the whole thread...do you get points for coin purchases still?
wow.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 7:35 pm

Programs: All, but no status!
Originally Posted by SkinsFan0521
Yes, I'm sure that the UPS driver didn't show up until 7:49 because I was at my house awaiting his shipment until about 4, then I went out.

<Snip>
Yes, well, if I were in your shoes I would be really annoyed that the delivery didn't come by 10:30 (isn't it 10:00?), but I also agree with you/others that there's nothing to be gained by complaining.

Vent to FT, I give you sympathy (but no extra miles for your troubles).
Old Jul 8, 2010, 7:44 pm

Have some orders placed on 7-2, but backordered and expected to ship on 7-1. Obviously thats impossible to go back in time and for them to expect they will ship it a day before the order was even placed.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 8:15 pm

Programs: SPG, UA, BA, AA, Hawaiian, Cont.
Originally Posted by flyertm
Have some orders placed on 7-2, but backordered and expected to ship on 7-1. Obviously thats impossible to go back in time and for them to expect they will ship it a day before the order was even placed.
88 MPH and 1.21 Gigawatts...
Old Jul 8, 2010, 8:28 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by monsrt
If you were not able to get points / miles for the coins do you think this thread would be the least bit active?????

From now on, please read at least some of the thread before you ask a question.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 8:36 pm

So, if we're looking for unimportant things about which to discuss or complain-- how about glue?

Lately I've been getting a lot of (little) boxes that haven't been glued at all, and the rolls are outside of the (little) boxes, often broken open with loose coins. So far, the grand total is spot on, btw.

I don't like these "no glue" boxes, but I also dislike the other extreme; those boxes that seem super-glued.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 9:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH
Originally Posted by pawtim
So, if we're looking for unimportant things about which to discuss or complain-- how about glue?

Lately I've been getting a lot of (little) boxes that haven't been glued at all, and the rolls are outside of the (little) boxes, often broken open with loose coins. So far, the grand total is spot on, btw.

I don't like these "no glue" boxes, but I also dislike the other extreme; those boxes that seem super-glued.
maybe they are saving money by not using glue?

i rec'd my shipment this week and found the contents in complete disarray. i was a bit worried to see the boxes partially open and loose rolls of coins floating around the box. thankfully the count was correct. i had to wonder if the shipping company wasn't playing "slam dunk" the small boxes into the big box. LOL!
Old Jul 8, 2010, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Skye
maybe they are saving money by not using glue?
<Snip>
Maybe. I hope they don't stop wrapping them into paper rolls!

Old Jul 8, 2010, 9:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH
Originally Posted by pawtim
Maybe. I hope they don't stop wrapping them into paper rolls!

oh my! that would be a whole new game of "find the dollar coins" amongst the foam peanuts. the shipping company would have to put the loose coins in the box in such a way to keep them from making noise per the USPS rules. i admit that the above sounded much funnier in my head.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 9:54 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
If you are putting the coins in a coin machine at the bank, just think of how much work it would save if they all came loose!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.