Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2008, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by joediver
Ordered $1,750 last Friday. UPS just rang the doorbell and left them on my doorstep 5 minutes ago. He usually doesn't wait for anyone to answer the door. No signature required on these.
Only 1 week from ordering & receiving? That was fast!
Old Oct 10, 2008, 10:24 am

Programs: AA EXP / UA Lifetime Gold / Marriott Lifetime Plat / SPG Plat / Hyatt Diamond / HH Diamond / Avis CC
And the bill still hasn't gone on my credit cards
Old Oct 10, 2008, 10:39 am

I just received an email from a friend warning me of this new $1 coins; apparently the "In God We Trust" is not on them. I turned them so fast I never even really looked at them. I don't care really but thought it was funny she sent this. I told her I'd already had about $7000 worth come through my hands.
Old Oct 10, 2008, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rc408
I just received an email from a friend warning me of this new $1 coins; apparently the "In God We Trust" is not on them.
It is--but it is not on either of the faces. It is on the edge inscription, along with the year of minting, etc.
http://www.usmint.gov/mint_programs/$1coin/index.cfm?action=EdgeIncused
Old Oct 10, 2008, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by soitgoes
It is--but it is not on either of the faces. It is on the edge inscription, along with the year of minting, etc.
http://www.usmint.gov/mint_programs/$1coin/index.cfm?action=EdgeIncused
Ah, I will let her know. It's another email frenzy of false information. Whoda thunk it?
Old Oct 10, 2008, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ah, I will let her know. It's another email frenzy of false information. Whoda thunk it?
Apparently, though, the outcry has led to Congress specifying that In God We Trust has to move to the reverse or obverse.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/dollarcoin.asp
Old Oct 10, 2008, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by soitgoes
Apparently, though, the outcry has led to Congress specifying that In God We Trust has to move to the reverse or obverse.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/dollarcoin.asp
Well, at least Congress is using it's time to deal with the important issues of where we print things on our currency that is fast becoming worthless.

Back to the real issue. I just had an order sent to an address with an 'added' apartment number. Hopefully it will be delivered appropriately and then another 'apartment' can order.
Old Oct 10, 2008, 3:34 pm

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
Well, at least Congress is using it's time to deal with the important issues of where we print things on our currency that is fast becoming worthless.
The dollar has actually risen against both Euro and yen in the last couple of weeks, primarily due to flat markets overseas. So, hey, at least we're all going down together!
Old Oct 10, 2008, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by cepheid
The dollar has actually risen against both Euro and yen in the last couple of weeks, primarily due to flat markets overseas. So, hey, at least we're all going down together!
Misery loves company :P
Old Oct 13, 2008, 6:43 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum | HHonors Gold | AA Gold
I just ordered 2 boxes of each of the 5 coins currently available. Any idea how much that box of 2,000 dollar coins is going to weigh?
Old Oct 13, 2008, 6:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by TrickyC
I just ordered 2 boxes of each of the 5 coins currently available. Any idea how much that box of 2,000 dollar coins is going to weigh?
About 38 pounds
Old Oct 13, 2008, 7:16 pm
Formerly known as I_Hate_US_Airways

Programs: My Loyalty Programs? I now VOTE with my wallet!!!
What a great idea! Thanks for sharing this (-:

Fly more & get a better seat
Old Oct 13, 2008, 8:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: *A
My $750 arrived last week. Really disappointed in the number of places that won't take the coins! These people in the midwest are so adverse to change it is ridiculous.

Guess I will just deposit them.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 9:00 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Marriott, AK, HH, Hyatt,
Wink What do you expect for free?

Originally Posted by NICEDUDE66
Exactly a week after I ordered $2000 in dollar coins, they arrived at my doorstep. Just left there without a signature needed. I deposited it with my favorite teller no problem at all.

I was able to order the first four presidents no problem. I think that was the case since I ordered on the first of the month. I used my new SPG AmEx, so this will help me reach the $15,000 in the first six months for the additional 15000 bonus points.

While it did work out, I am not certain if I shall do this again. For one I would have strongly preferred that at least a signature is required to receive the coins. Better yet, I would have been more than happy to pick them up at my post office.
What makes this offer great is the FREE shipping. So, if you want some other shipping option (like signature required), you would have to pay for it.

That said, it did make me nervous that $2,000 in coins was just left on my front porch. And I was home at the time. Never heard a doorbell or knock on the front door.

Still, I'm not going to complain.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 9:08 pm

Why do many people want to buy the coins to spend? Is there a difference swiping your card for the points, then spending the coins as compared to swiping your card for the actual transactions? Granted that not all places accept card, but if you were to replace part of what is supposed to be a card transaction with the coins, you will still get the same amount of points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.