Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Old Jun 19, 2010, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by happy2traveler202
How are the 10 days counted? If I order, for ex, on 6/14, can I order on 6/24 or should I wait until 6/25? On another note, I'm all for $1 and $2 coins, clearly distinguishable, and simply not printing anymore $1 and $2 bills. No downside and it will hasten the adoption of the $1 coin.
U can order on 6/24. Worked for me just fine.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MikeMpls
People will make the transition when/if they have to make it.

When I lived in Norway in 1960, we had coins as small as 1 řre (approx. 1/7 of a US cent), and they were actually useful. I could get ice cream or soda for 5 řre. A coke today might run upwards of 3 kroner (300 řre).

The smaller coins & bills are long gone. Today coins range from 25 řre to 20 kroner ($3-4).
I had to laugh at the bolded above. A 500ml coke from a kiosk will cost 20 Kr minimum (usually more), and around 15-18 at the grocery store unless you buy a multi-pack.

I've only seen 50 řre coins or larger. I don't think smaller coins are still circulating.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 10:38 pm

Programs: DL Silver Medallion, UA, Chase UR, AMEX MR
Just looking for some ideas about what you all tell people when they ask from you where did u get so much coins from? I am almost running out of ideas.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 10:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Delta2010
Just looking for some ideas about what you all tell people when they ask from you where did u get so much coins from? I am almost running out of ideas.
Why not just tell them you got them from the mint? That's what I do.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 11:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Has anyone ever been able to use an E-gift certificate with a direct ship order??

Hi Everyone,

I recently bought a $50 e-gift certificate because I had a gift card that I had to burn and didn't want to use it on household stuff. I was able to buy the e-gift certificate just fine, but when I went to use it with a coin purchase, the system told me that the gift certificate number was "not in their database." I came across one prior message in this thread where someone had a problem, but I didn't see any others. Has anyone else been able to use an e-gift certificate with their order?

I'm going to call tomorrow to find out what's up, but this is kind of perturbing, considering that I called the mint *before* I purchased the e-gift certificate and was assured by the customer service rep that I could use it with a direct ship order.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 5:03 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
I find making up stories is part of the fun. My latest is that my parents hate me and they are sending me my inheritance early, but all in dollar coins and $1,000 at a time.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 7:20 am

Programs: All, but no status!
I say "From The Mint."
Old Jun 20, 2010, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by deant
If they were presidents and you had ordered them before, then you may have hit the max for that specific president.
What are the maximums?
Old Jun 20, 2010, 8:43 am

$500 per president (2 boxes)

Last edited by happy2traveler202; Jun 20, 2010 at 9:47 am
Old Jun 20, 2010, 9:44 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by happy2traveler202
$500 per president (2 rolls)
Actually, $500 is 2 boxes (2 roles is $50)
Old Jun 20, 2010, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
And if the your initial order is for 3-4 boxes of the same coins? They don't seem to restrict up front how many you can order; their only stated limit is 4 boxes / 10 days.

I suppose orders for the American Indian Native American coins are similarly limited, given that their long-term objective is to get the Sacagawea dollars circulating.

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
I had to laugh at the bolded above. A 500ml coke from a kiosk will cost 20 Kr minimum (usually more), and around 15-18 at the grocery store unless you buy a multi-pack.

I've only seen 50 řre coins or larger. I don't think smaller coins are still circulating.
I was thinking $3, typed NOK 3. At a restaurant in Oslo in 2004 my credit card was relieved of NOK 35 per refill. That was 5-7 miles earned per refill (just trying to tie it to theme of this forum ).

You're probably right about the 50 řre lower limit for coinage. By that example we could get rid of our nickels as well.

Last edited by MikeMpls; Jun 20, 2010 at 3:55 pm
Old Jun 20, 2010, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
I tried this awhile back & each time ran into the same issue as you described (so much for my belief that they would promptly fix this web glitch, as they promised )

Each time, I had to call & jump, through some hoops & endure long hold times while they consulted with managers, etc but eventually I was able to use all the USMint ecerts I purchased on $1 coins. ^

Originally Posted by JB5150
Hi Everyone,

I recently bought a $50 e-gift certificate because I had a gift card that I had to burn and didn't want to use it on household stuff. I was able to buy the e-gift certificate just fine, but when I went to use it with a coin purchase, the system told me that the gift certificate number was "not in their database." I came across one prior message in this thread where someone had a problem, but I didn't see any others. Has anyone else been able to use an e-gift certificate with their order?

I'm going to call tomorrow to find out what's up, but this is kind of perturbing, considering that I called the mint *before* I purchased the e-gift certificate and was assured by the customer service rep that I could use it with a direct ship order.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 9:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by bk3day
I tried this awhile back & each time ran into the same issue as you described (so much for my belief that they would promptly fix this web glitch, as they promised )

Each time, I had to call & jump, through some hoops & endure long hold times while they consulted with managers, etc but eventually I was able to use all the USMint ecerts I purchased on $1 coins. ^
Yup, when I called to mention the error, the phone rep said I could place the order over the phone, which I did. No hoop jumping, though....it was actually a pretty uneventful call. Web status says order is currently "on hold."
Old Jun 21, 2010, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by deant
Couple of questions.
1. Were the orders for NAs or Presidents? If they were presidents, have you ordered those presidents before? If they were presidents and you had ordered them before, then you may have hit the max for that specific president.
2. Or were the orders after the institution of the $1K every 10 day restriction?

Both or either. Yes Ive ordered before, but they didnt cancel me before. Something different has happened. Furthermore, Ive had some orders cancelled before, but lately been cancelling all of them. I even had different CC, some of which I never used before, and still getting cancelled.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 9:40 am

I was enjoying this for almost a year now but I just relocated from a town with 28 of my bank branches to one that only has 1. I guess I am going to need to open some more bank accounts.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.