Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2010, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Wirelessly posted (goingaway\'s phone: BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Originally Posted by Happy
Originally Posted by PedroNY
I had this problem before, actualy 2 seperate times. 1st time I had 2 rolls missing, second time I had a small box missing ($250) from a shipment. If you talk to CSR, take their name down, fill out the form, write out what happened and specify which CSR you talked with the instructions you received -- you should get your refund at a reasonable time. I would recommend not to pay that CC bill at least that amount, in case you need to dispute it with them.
Thanks for input.

Doing the claim form now. The CSR gave me a fax number to send it in. I would follow up with a hard copy by mail also.

The CC statement is not until July 16, so hopefully by the time the issue is resolved one way or another.
If you are worried about covering the statement bf they clear the claim, you really should rethink the 'game' -- if its a matter of disputing the charge with your cc - why wait until it's resolved or not, just call it in and say its being worked out. They'll follow up
Old Jun 18, 2010, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GoingAway
Wirelessly posted (goingaway\'s phone: BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

If you are worried about covering the statement bf they clear the claim, you really should rethink the 'game' -- if its a matter of disputing the charge with your cc - why wait until it's resolved or not, just call it in and say its being worked out. They'll follow up
I actually want the coins, as long as the Mint let me know their investigation in a timely manner, I am fine with it.

I dont go into a habit to dispute every charge that initially is wrong - very often the merchants would correct it long before the statement closing date and there is no need to dispute. From the search results I did on this thread, it seems the Mint resolved the short shipments in rather reasonable time frame.

The charge has not even hit the card yet at this moment, just the authorization fwiw.

Just called to verify the fax number, the CSR said the claim is notated in file this morning. Based on PedroNY's post, this should make it easy for the Mint to resolve the claim.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 11:10 am
Suspended

On a semi-related note - the service from UPS around here is amazing. I mistakenly had a shipment sent to the house, knowing it would require a signature and that I wouldn't be home. The UPS guy tried to deliver it today (and failed). He just called me, asked when I'd be home and offered to swing by again when I got there.

Not bad Brown, not bad at all. Sure beats the 30 min I spent in line at USPS waiting to pick up a package.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Agree wholeheartedly about UPS and USPS.

The issue with USPS is, their employees seem to have lifetime employment once they got on board... this definitely trickles down to their work attitude, imo.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by Stoughton
On a semi-related note - the service from UPS around here is amazing. I mistakenly had a shipment sent to the house, knowing it would require a signature and that I wouldn't be home. The UPS guy tried to deliver it today (and failed). He just called me, asked when I'd be home and offered to swing by again when I got there.

Not bad Brown, not bad at all. Sure beats the 30 min I spent in line at USPS waiting to pick up a package.
Much better than the guy who tried to deliver a box to me late last year, when I wasn't home decided to mark the box as not wanted/denied. When I got to UPS that night for pick-up (after calling to make arrangements), it took them awhile to find it as it was put in the area for return to sender Glad those emails and phone calls let you know when delivery will happen.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 11:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Happy
Agree wholeheartedly about UPS and USPS.

The issue with USPS is, their employees seem to have lifetime employment once they got on board... this definitely trickles down to their work attitude, imo.
Here's it's a lack of staff. 4 work stations but 1 USPS employee. She was working as fast as she could (lots of oddball requests in this area) but the line kept growing. Another person eventually came out but it still took quite a while to get thru the foreign shipments, passport issues, someone wanting a sheet of some oddball stamps, some guy with 45 lbs of coins.....
Old Jun 18, 2010, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here's it's a lack of staff. 4 work stations but 1 USPS employee. She was working as fast as she could (lots of oddball requests in this area) but the line kept growing. Another person eventually came out but it still took quite a while to get thru the foreign shipments, passport issues, someone wanting a sheet of some oddball stamps, some guy with 45 lbs of coins.....
In our area it seems the employees just take their sweet time to do each transaction. Also they dont want to go to lunch outside the normal lunch window which needless to say would be the window many working folks try to run their errands also. So you have twice more customers waiting while the counter clerks went twice as less between 12 to 2. Amazing.

Another issue is, they used to have the self-service counter which you can print stamp after weighing your package / letter etc. They uninstalled such machines in most locations and the few and far in between locations that still have such machines, the machines are often out of service, while the line for counter service can wrap around 4 times and move at the speed of one customer every 5 to 10 minutes... Horrendous services.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
By what delivery method do $750 orders come by?

All of my $250's have been Fed Ex to USPS
All of my $500's are UPS
And all the $1,000 and greater are USPS

The $250's seem to have th worst delivery times, the larger the best.
I placed my first order (500 American Indians, 500 John Adams) on the evening of June 14.

The mint shipped American Indians on June 15 & the John Adams on June 16. My wife didn't answer the door on June 16 (UPS timestamp 9:12 a.m.); I received both shipments around 9 a.m. on June 17.

Both shipments were sent UPS Next Day Air to a residential address.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 9:02 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
I placed my first order (500 American Indians, 500 John Adams) on the evening of June 14.

The mint shipped American Indians ....

I think the coins prefer being referred to as Native Americans
Old Jun 19, 2010, 9:36 am

Lately the Mint has been cancelling my orders. They let a few $500 and $250 go through, but cancelling the larger ones in the last month, with no explanation.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 10:32 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by flyertm
Lately the Mint has been cancelling my orders. They let a few $500 and $250 go through, but cancelling the larger ones in the last month, with no explanation.
Couple of questions.
1. Were the orders for NAs or Presidents? If they were presidents, have you ordered those presidents before? If they were presidents and you had ordered them before, then you may have hit the max for that specific president.
2. Or were the orders after the institution of the $1K every 10 day restriction?
Old Jun 19, 2010, 2:50 pm

How are the 10 days counted? If I order, for ex, on 6/14, can I order on 6/24 or should I wait until 6/25? On another note, I'm all for $1 and $2 coins, clearly distinguishable, and simply not printing anymore $1 and $2 bills. No downside and it will hasten the adoption of the $1 coin.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 3:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by happy2traveler202
How are the 10 days counted? If I order, for ex, on 6/14, can I order on 6/24 or should I wait until 6/25? On another note, I'm all for $1 and $2 coins, clearly distinguishable, and simply not printing anymore $1 and $2 bills. No downside and it will hasten the adoption of the $1 coin.
What is the 10 day restriction? I have not seen that before
Old Jun 19, 2010, 3:49 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by iflyuaaa
What is the 10 day restriction? I have not seen that before
Look at their website.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 3:51 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by happy2traveler202
I ordered $1,000 on 6/5 and then ordered another $1,000 on 6/15 (although late in the evening - got the order confirmation that night but order maybe processed the next day?)

Both orders went through.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.