Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Old Oct 6, 2008, 10:28 am

Programs: DL/silver
fed/ex

just saw on the news that a fed/ex truck with 2 trailers on crashed in jackson Tenn.I know my pres $'s originated in Tenn.this could possibly delay some orders
Old Oct 6, 2008, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by greg47
just saw on the news that a fed/ex truck with 2 trailers on crashed in jackson Tenn.I know my pres $'s originated in Tenn.this could possibly delay some orders
I saw something about motorists stopping to pick up golden coins that are scatters all over the highway. Sorry, but I think your money has been 'confiscated'.
Old Oct 6, 2008, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
did a one surviving driver named Tom Hanks get marooned on the (median) island (between highway lanes) and hang out for 5 years screaming at a new soccer ball with his bloody hand print on it only to find out later that TENN has a football team now?

Did he find some McGyver use for the coins found all in the truck?
Old Oct 6, 2008, 5:08 pm

Programs: SPG Plat (3.2MM LT), Hilton Gold, AA LT Plat (3.2MM), Hertz 5*, US Mint MVP
Originally Posted by Bondiboy
My brother (who needed to top up his FF account for an award trip that he was planning), at my urging, ordered a bunch of Presidential coins that were duly delivered.

A couple of days after the second delivery he received the following letter from the US Mint:

As it was my idea to buy the coins, it is now my problem

Thought that you guys may be interested - especially the bit about the certified check.

I too had something simular happen. US Mint shipped the coins and it never showed up on my CC. Finally on the day they arrived, 10 days later the charge finally showed up on my CC. I monitored, daily the charges and availible credit of my account online, so I know they were late in making the charge.

So, just to clarify, can my wife and I both get the $500 with the same billing address, but different shipping addresses?

Jim
Old Oct 6, 2008, 6:03 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by CandymanJim
I too had something simular happen. US Mint shipped the coins and it never showed up on my CC. Finally on the day they arrived, 10 days later the charge finally showed up on my CC. I monitored, daily the charges and availible credit of my account online, so I know they were late in making the charge.

So, just to clarify, can my wife and I both get the $500 with the same billing address, but different shipping addresses?

Jim
As mentioned a few times before, YMMV.

I've gotten multiple orders, when using my wife's name and a different CC to the same shipping address as different orders (i.e. we have gotten more than 2 boxes of 'some' presidents). On the other hand, some presidents cancel out on this... no apparent written in stone rule on this.

Just try it, it might work, it might not, or, you might get as we have found a portion of your 'duplicate' order...
Old Oct 6, 2008, 6:57 pm

I just did it once, deposited at the post office all $1k of them, would not do it again, $1k is simply too heavy.
Old Oct 8, 2008, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K
It ends up being about 100 miles per pound for this promotion. I wonder how that "weighs" against others.

Is ten pounds only too heavy for 1000 miles?
Old Oct 8, 2008, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by fone
I just did it once, deposited at the post office all $1k of them, would not do it again, $1k is simply too heavy.
Try $2500.... Better hit the gym
Old Oct 8, 2008, 2:55 pm

Too easy! I walked into the bank that issued my CC and paid $2500 of my $2500 bill. They didn't bat an eye.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 8:50 am

Thumbs up Craziest thing I have ever done to get miles

Exactly a week after I ordered $2000 in dollar coins, they arrived at my doorstep. Just left there without a signature needed. I deposited it with my favorite teller no problem at all.

I was able to order the first four presidents no problem. I think that was the case since I ordered on the first of the month. I used my new SPG AmEx, so this will help me reach the $15,000 in the first six months for the additional 15000 bonus points.

While it did work out, I am not certain if I shall do this again. For one I would have strongly preferred that at least a signature is required to receive the coins. Better yet, I would have been more than happy to pick them up at my post office.

Last edited by NICEDUDE66; Oct 9, 2008 at 8:51 am Reason: typo
Old Oct 9, 2008, 9:16 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Coins come by UPS. At least every single one of my orders have. YMMV
Old Oct 9, 2008, 11:39 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond, IC Ambassador, SPG Gold
My first batch of coins arrived via the US Postal Service. Left on the doorstep; no signature required.

My second batch of coins was sent via UPS.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
Coins come by UPS. At least every single one of my orders have. YMMV
One FedEx, two UPS, and two UPS to USPS in my experience.
Old Oct 10, 2008, 10:05 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
they just appear on my front porch.
Old Oct 10, 2008, 10:07 am

Programs: AA EXP / UA Lifetime Gold / Marriott Lifetime Plat / SPG Plat / Hyatt Diamond / HH Diamond / Avis CC
Ordered $1,750 last Friday. UPS just rang the doorbell and left them on my doorstep 5 minutes ago. He usually doesn't wait for anyone to answer the door. No signature required on these.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.