Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2010, 7:39 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by ejs621
Yes.

Cheers!
+1
Old Jun 14, 2010, 8:42 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
CC statement posted online yesterday with the following activity:

06/09/2010 OFC DOLLAR COIN

Another prior dated sale on same statement posted as regular "US MINT COIN SALES".

All points/miles posted normally for my hotel/airline program!^^
Old Jun 14, 2010, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by tbear
CC statement posted online yesterday with the following activity:

06/09/2010 OFC DOLLAR COIN

Another prior dated sale on same statement posted as regular "US MINT COIN SALES".

All points/miles posted normally for my hotel/airline program!^^
Which card is that? Thank you.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 9:37 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by rrgg
Which card is that? Thank you.
YHPM. Sorry, won't post here as don't want to kill this deal.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by psyflyer
When you say "another" does this mean other card issuers have stopped accepting orders from the US mint?
They still accept orders they just don't pay miles for the purchases any more on this card.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 9:58 am
Suspended

has anyone determined what the Mint monitors for the purposes of the 10 day sale period?

Meaning, are they limiting the $1k/10 days to a specific CC#, account profile, shipping address, billing address, etc? or is it a combination of all of these?
Old Jun 14, 2010, 11:34 am

I called the mint and asked this specific question. The lady said per household. But I questioned is that cc, billing address or shipping address. She thinks it is billing and shipping address but wasn't sure.

My husband and I have the same billing address, but I wanted to purchase with 2 different cards and 2 different shipping addresses and didn't know if that would fly or not.

The first order was placed with my husband's cc, billing and shipping addresses which all match.

I want to place a second order with my cc, billing address (which is the same as his) but ship to a different address.

I am still wondering if this will work since the billing address is still the same.

I would love to hear what others have found out.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 12:07 pm

Programs: HH Dia, Hyatt Plat
my experience has been that the Mint matches billing address but does not match shipping address for order limits.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
I got 2 $1000 shipments recently.
Both invoices showed $1,000, but one was 18.9 lbs and the other was 23.6 lbs.
Turned out that 2nd shipment had 5 boxes of 250 = $1250 instead of $1000. Credit card was billed $1000.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 5:21 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Take one for the team

Originally Posted by dvwing
I called the mint and asked this specific question. The lady said per household. But I questioned is that cc, billing address or shipping address. She thinks it is billing and shipping address but wasn't sure.

My husband and I have the same billing address, but I wanted to purchase with 2 different cards and 2 different shipping addresses and didn't know if that would fly or not.

The first order was placed with my husband's cc, billing and shipping addresses which all match.

I want to place a second order with my cc, billing address (which is the same as his) but ship to a different address.

I am still wondering if this will work since the billing address is still the same.

I would love to hear what others have found out.
Every time the rules change, it's trial and error. Someone always has to blaze that trail. Let us know how it works out.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 6:48 pm

Programs: NW Silver, CO Silver,SPG Gold, USMint Presidential, Chase/BA 100k, Airtran Wendy's cups
Originally Posted by PatMike
I got 2 $1000 shipments recently.
Both invoices showed $1,000, but one was 18.9 lbs and the other was 23.6 lbs.
Turned out that 2nd shipment had 5 boxes of 250 = $1250 instead of $1000. Credit card was billed $1000.
Got to love that^
Old Jun 14, 2010, 7:53 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Originally Posted by beachmiles
Every time the rules change, it's trial and error. Someone always has to blaze that trail. Let us know how it works out.
5 shipments received Friday.
5 different credit cards.
2 different shipping addresses.
All same billing addresses.
2 other orders were cancelled.

2 more arriving tomorrow.
Same billing and shipping addresses.
Different credit cards.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 7:58 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
That's what we need to know

Originally Posted by PatMike
5 shipments received Friday.
5 different credit cards.
2 different shipping addresses.
All same billing addresses.
2 other orders were cancelled.

2 more arriving tomorrow.
Same billing and shipping addresses.
Different credit cards.
Now that's the kind of information we need. way to go.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 8:09 pm

Were the cancelled ones on the same credit card as another order? Is the take away from this that the only thing that matters is the credit card be different?
Old Jun 14, 2010, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by happy2traveler202
Were the cancelled ones on the same credit card as another order? Is the take away from this that the only thing that matters is the credit card be different?
Cancelled ones were 2 different credit cards too (never used for coins), so it seems like a YMMV thing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.