Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Old Jun 4, 10, 8:34 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
UPS

My UPS man will be happy. My last delivery of $2,750 was all in one box and weighed 50 lbs.
Old Jun 4, 10, 11:03 pm

Programs: NW Silver, CO Silver,SPG Gold, USMint Presidential, Chase/BA 100k
Unhappy

Originally Posted by friedice View Post
Just got off the phone with US Mint Rep. Was told that effective today they have a new policy on orders. Then I looked on the site and there it was:

There is a 4-box $1 Coin limit for every 10-day period on any and all $1 Coin orders. Beyond that your credit card will not be authorized. If you need quantities greater than this, please send an e-mail before placing your order to [email protected] explain why your order should be exempted from the limit.

As told by a rep. a person would not be even able to make $1000 orders on different credit cards if they're within 10 days of each other. Also the limit applies to a physical address, so no two people at the same address will be able to make orders within 10 days of each other as well.

One the other hand cumulative household limit seems to be gone.
This is the best news I've heard all year. looks like that free calendar I received will finally get some use. I'm back in business and my UPS guy couldn't be more thrilled. I felt bad watching him walk up 3 flights of stairs with over 100lbs of coins. He always ask what was in these boxes. I told him money, he would laugh and so would I.

Last edited by nwa330; Jun 4, 10 at 11:13 pm
Old Jun 5, 10, 11:47 pm

Programs: Dime con quien andas,y te dire quien eres
Originally Posted by nwa330 View Post
I told him money, he would laugh and so would I.
I told my UPS man it's bullets.

"...but don't worry, I'm not gonna go postal".

He loves my wit. -----But hates my deliveries.
Old Jun 6, 10, 7:07 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Exactly $1,000 UPS , signature required

Originally Posted by cordelli View Post
If the value of the package is under $1,000 the shipper can request a signature release and UPS will, at it's discretion, leave the package without a signature.

They will only make one attempt, and the driver's word is proof of delivery, and the shipper agrees to accept all liability for the package once the driver leaves it.

In other words, the mint would be a bit crazy to do that with cash.

That being said, the driver can make their own choices to leave the package or not, our driver leaves everything at the door unless it's signature required. But they don't have to, and we can request they do not (say if I was living in my old neighborhood where people would follow the UPS truck and pick up all the stuff they left and steal it, which made the sting operation by the police real easy)
What do you think Mike. My deliveries will be dropping from $2500 to exactly $1,000. Will that improve my chance of the driver leaving it with just a note on the door.

The bad thing about $1,000 is , it's easier for someone to grab it off the porch and run.
Old Jun 6, 10, 6:06 pm

Why use coins?

Originally Posted by PatMike View Post
I don't mean to sound rude, but why would anyone use coins anywhere that a credit card could be used ???
I suspect there are some out there who actually do what they commit to do when they obtain these coins from the Mint--put them into circulation. Some of those full rolls don't make it, and some make it into the hands of collectors (which profits us taxpayers 70 cents each, according to the Mint). Others actually believe spreading these coins around will help in a small way to eliminate some day the wasteful printing of around 4 billion replacement one dollar bills each year, at huge cost to the taxpayers. And if the banks end up getting them, maybe it will occur to some of them to start actually using them and encouraging their customers to use them.

I would ask a different question--why would someone lie to the Mint to obtain frequent flyer miles? Let the excuses begin!
Old Jun 6, 10, 9:43 pm

Programs: NW Silver, CO Silver,SPG Gold, USMint Presidential, Chase/BA 100k
Originally Posted by Charlie*Sierra View Post
I suspect there are some out there who actually do what they commit to do when they obtain these coins from the Mint--put them into circulation. Some of those full rolls don't make it, and some make it into the hands of collectors (which profits us taxpayers 70 cents each, according to the Mint). Others actually believe spreading these coins around will help in a small way to eliminate some day the wasteful printing of around 4 billion replacement one dollar bills each year, at huge cost to the taxpayers. And if the banks end up getting them, maybe it will occur to some of them to start actually using them and encouraging their customers to use them.

I would ask a different question--why would someone lie to the Mint to obtain frequent flyer miles? Let the excuses begin!
Because is my god given right! so run along and play churn the credit card game and leave us alone.

Last edited by nwa330; Jun 7, 10 at 7:38 pm Reason: Drinking and Flyer Talking
Old Jun 6, 10, 9:56 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Programs: US Platinum, United 1k, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC, Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Gold
Who is lying? The Mint's website states The immediate bank deposit of $1 Coins ordered through this Program does not result in their introduction into circulation and, therefore, does not comply with the intended purpose of the Program. 1. I wait a few days before taking them to a bank, so it's not immediate, and 2. Many people are paying off their cards with these, not making deposits at banks, which is also not "against the intended purpose of the Program."
Old Jun 7, 10, 2:40 am

Programs: UAL 1MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA 3MM
Satan appears under many handles. Don't feed the trolls.
Old Jun 7, 10, 5:17 am

Is the limit of 2 boxes per president PER YEAR or per person for life?
Old Jun 7, 10, 7:26 am

--why would someone lie to the Mint to obtain frequent flyer miles?
Because they struck out trying to find banks that accept CC funding?
Old Jun 7, 10, 8:38 am

Anyone figure out yet if the 10 day period is from order date or ship date?
Old Jun 7, 10, 1:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Im going to do a dry run and purchase 10-20 of these coin bags and see what happens but I have a question. Without reading through 500+ pages what does your bank say when you show up with tons of coins to deposit? Do they keep you there while they count them? Thanks
Old Jun 7, 10, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by psyflyer View Post
Im going to do a dry run and purchase 10-20 of these coin bags and see what happens but I have a question. Without reading through 500+ pages what does your bank say when you show up with tons of coins to deposit? Do they keep you there while they count them? Thanks
Sometimes they do... and sometimes they don't
Old Jun 7, 10, 1:12 pm

Programs: BA silver, Hyatt PLT, AA EXP, US silver, ICH RA, CO PLT

Actually some banks will keep the coins and redistribute them as one of my local bank says "people love those coins". I am sure they will do a better job than I to redistribute.
Old Jun 7, 10, 1:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Originally Posted by pkerr View Post
Sometimes they do... and sometimes they don't
Thanks

After reading th first few pages of the thread I bought 2 bags for $500. So there is a limit of 2 bags per type of $1 coin every 10 days?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: