Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2008, 2:35 pm

Programs: Too many to list
I've had nothing but smiles at my credit union. Great people. They only (sometimes) ask why I'm bringing in soooo many $1 coins. I just say that I thought it might be nice to put a few away, but with the changing economy I'd rather be in gold...Everyone nods and says something along the lines of, "ain't that the truth!"

Oh, and other people love them and usually ask for them from the tellers right after I leave. Glad to be of service!
Old Oct 3, 2008, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
I received an order today that I placed Monday (4 days ago) - this was an odd situation of only requesting $250 of John Adams (ordered only one box as part of a larger order the first time around).
Old Oct 4, 2008, 9:21 am

Programs: AA PLAT, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM
Just deposited $6,000 of $1 coins at my bank ($2,000-me, $2,000-wife & $2,000-mother). No problem.

It took less than 2 weeks to receive all coins.
Old Oct 4, 2008, 11:02 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by jimcoddington
Just deposited $6,000 of $1 coins at my bank ($2,000-me, $2,000-wife & $2,000-mother). No problem.

It took less than 2 weeks to receive all coins.
Jim, did you and your wife use seperate ship to address, or did you both ship to same. Also are your billing addresses different.

I just received the last of my coins. I would now like to order 500 of each on my wife's card. We have the same home ship to address. We have the same home billing address. can't ship to work.
Old Oct 4, 2008, 11:11 am

Programs: AA PLAT, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM
Originally Posted by beachmiles
Jim, did you and your wife use seperate ship to address, or did you both ship to same. Also are your billing addresses different.

I just received the last of my coins. I would now like to order 500 of each on my wife's card. We have the same home ship to address. We have the same home billing address. can't ship to work.
Wife at home, me at the office.
Old Oct 4, 2008, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've been just "recycling" the $500 order. Getting several thousand dollars of coins seems really brave; I'm just not totally trusting the delivery and security of with too much money involved.
Old Oct 4, 2008, 12:27 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by jimcoddington
Wife at home, me at the office.
Jim, is Your billing address also at the office. I don't have an office. I'm retired. But we could ship to our daughters home. But will that same billing address be a problem?
Old Oct 4, 2008, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Everyone available right now except JQA and Monroe.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 6:10 pm

Sometimes things go wrong with Credit Cards

My brother (who needed to top up his FF account for an award trip that he was planning), at my urging, ordered a bunch of Presidential coins that were duly delivered.

A couple of days after the second delivery he received the following letter from the US Mint:

Dear ????

Our records indicate that the above order was shipped to your attention. Due to a failure to receive proper authorization from your credit card provider, we could not collect the balance owed for the merchandise shipped.

Enclosed is a statement of merchandise shipped under this order. Please return this merchandise using the fees-paid label(s) provided.Should you decide to keep this merchandise, please remit a certified/cashier's check or
money order payable to the United States Mint.

You may also authorize the Mint to recharge your account by completing the enclosed statement.

Please include this letter with your response within ten (10) days using the enclosed pre-addressed envelope which has been marked for prompt identification.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. If you have any questions, please contact this office at 1-866-321-4246 or (202) 354-7591. You can also contact us via e-mail at [email protected].

United States Mi~.
Numismatics Accounting Division
As it was my idea to buy the coins, it is now my problem

Thought that you guys may be interested - especially the bit about the certified check.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 6:35 pm

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Originally Posted by Bondiboy
My brother (who needed to top up his FF account for an award trip that he was planning), at my urging, ordered a bunch of Presidential coins that were duly delivered.

A couple of days after the second delivery he received the following letter from the US Mint:

Thought that you guys may be interested - especially the bit about the certified check.
Have him call up his credit card company and figure out why they rejected the charge, then fill out the paperwork from the US Mint to re-submit. I wouldn't send a certified check until you run into another rejection.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bondiboy

The letter says he can authorize a new charge. It's best to cooperate with the US Mint.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 7:53 pm

LOL considering they have a fair chunk of $$$ at risk I find it a bit demanding of them to insist you get a certified/cashiers check.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 8:44 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Don't laugh, the things the treasury can do can make your life miserable. fill it out and send it in without delay.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 11:45 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
Don't laugh, the things the treasury can do can make your life miserable. fill it out and send it in without delay.
Yeah, they might force you to take $700 billion.
Old Oct 6, 2008, 12:14 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Maybe this isrelevant:

I have purchased using amex -no problem

purchased using citibank mc-my account was frozen by fraud dept! b/c misc government authorization w/o signature! Had I not noticed thenotice to call fraud dept while online (I am out of the country) I would have had major problems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.