Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Old Jun 2, 10, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by longleaf View Post
Surley banks are not going to pay the credit card transaction fee to accept a CD investment
Yes they are and don't call me Surely.
Old Jun 2, 10, 2:49 pm

Programs: AA Advantage Platinum, United 1K, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
Surley banks are not going to pay the credit card transaction fee to accept a CD investment
LOL.....your absolutely right. No bank would pay a credit card transaction fee to allow you to open a cd with a credit card. Imagine someone thinking they would allow you to open a savings or checking account with a credit card!

Cheers!
Old Jun 2, 10, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA,CO,SPG
Well that's just crazy talk ejs621!!
Old Jun 2, 10, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Next thing you'll be telling me is that the govt would pay cc fees AND UPS next day air just to sell me money at face value. Ridiculous!
Old Jun 2, 10, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by ejs621 View Post
LOL.....your absolutely right. No bank would pay a credit card transaction fee to allow you to open a cd with a credit card. Imagine someone thinking they would allow you to open a savings or checking account with a credit card!

Cheers!
Well i guess they do, not that it makes much sense for the bank to do so. You would think a bank would know better than to pay anywhere from a 1 to 3% transaction fee, plus interest on a 30 day deposit.
Old Jun 2, 10, 6:38 pm

Programs: Several dozen
Yes, but its only about .41 they pay in interest. But then there is the 1K in SPG, MR, etc. (leveraged to 1.25K-1.5K by various redemption offers) and the satisfaction knowing that you have helped recapitalize the American banking system with funds from...um...the American banking system!

Well i guess they do, not that it makes much sense for the bank to do so. You would think a bank would know better than to pay anywhere from a 1 to 3% transaction fee, plus interest on a 30 day deposit.
Old Jun 2, 10, 10:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP (1.5MM), Hilton/SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by pkerr View Post
Yes they are and don't call me Surely.
What's my vector Victor?
Old Jun 2, 10, 10:56 pm

Share Your Stories With Me

I am new to the US Mint coins thing. I don't understand when people keep posting how much money they spend at the US Mint and then deposit in their account. Most people claim to deposit between $2,000 - $5,000 in a given month. This cannot go on for very long, as you will soon hit the $12,500 limit. I figure that if a person were to buy $2,000 worth of coins a month, they would be done in a little more than 6 months. How do people keep this going so long? Please share your stories with me.
Old Jun 3, 10, 12:01 am

Programs: Dime con quien andas,y te dire quien eres
Originally Posted by dvwing View Post
How do people keep this going so long?
Friends, family, PO boxes and various credit cards. Now.... off you go.
Old Jun 3, 10, 7:26 am

can i ask a quick question about the mint . when you max out a card. do you use a different card and then change the billing address to the new address you want to ship it to?

also if there was an issue with your credit card and didnt get the max coins and they blocked the account is there anything you can do to use that card to get coins? i have a amex spg card like that and i need to get the inital bonus. i would appreciate your help?
Old Jun 3, 10, 9:22 am

Programs: Several dozen
May I suggest that you add 2 more users to your now unmintworthy SPG account and run up the $300 spend each required to gain an additional 2K in miles?

If wondering about how to spend $600, two $330 (plus tax) roundtrip tickets to Honolulu from LAX on Hawaiian Airlines during August might do the trick.^

And remember unmintworthiness is in the eye of the beholder - should a card get lost, its replacement may not carry any stigma.

Originally Posted by tzvika01 View Post
can i ask a quick question about the mint . when you max out a card. do you use a different card and then change the billing address to the new address you want to ship it to?

also if there was an issue with your credit card and didnt get the max coins and they blocked the account is there anything you can do to use that card to get coins? i have a amex spg card like that and i need to get the inital bonus. i would appreciate your help?
Old Jun 3, 10, 11:10 am

are u saying to call and say lost it and get a new card with new number? but it is still an issue bec of the billing address. should i change that too to a friends house so that my coin purchase would go through. i have been on the phone with them for a long time to figure out why my order was cancelled
Old Jun 3, 10, 11:56 am

Location: IAD, and sometimes OMNI/PR. Currently: not far from IAD, but home will always be SAN (not far from the "touch my junk and I'll have you arrested" Memorial TSA Check Point) even if I'm not there so much these days.
Programs: UA, CO, Calcifer Award for Mad Haiku Skillz
Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy View Post
What is this country coming to when American banks will take millions in dirty drug money from Mexican exchanges but refuse to loan honest American citizens the money to buy clean cash?
Well, this just means you have to buy your contraband through a dealer who will accept Presidential Dollar coins.
Old Jun 3, 10, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by tzvika01 View Post

I have a question for you. What do you mean by maxing out your card? Do you mean that you spent all $12,500 allowed by the mint on coins on your card?

When you say there was an issue with your card an they blocked the account, can you explain that a little more?

The reason I ask is because I also have a new AMEX SPG card and just ordered $3,000 in coins. I also have other purchases on my card and it is not maxed out to the limit. I am afraid of what issues you are taking about and how and why they blocked it.
Old Jun 3, 10, 12:14 pm

on my card i maxed it out by buying 12,500 worth so cant buy anymore. and on my wifes card i accidently went over credit card limit so they cancelled the order ( changed the billing address of hers to a friends address so wouldnt have the same as mine) .I called the mup and said the account is blocked and cant pay with credit card can only pay with a wire transfer. so how can i fix this

Search this Thread
Search Engine: