Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Old May 25, 10, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by specialeffects View Post
I guess just for kicks... and follow the guidelines of the mint to use the coins sans re-deposit.
And this way the Mint is picking up the CC fee, not whoever gets the coins.

I find the coins good for the farmer's market near here. The season is here!
Old May 25, 10, 10:56 pm

Programs: Dime con quien andas,y te dire quien eres
Originally Posted by User Name View Post
I've reached my limit on NA coins and, like others, would really appreciate any advice on obtaining more as other posters have hinted is possible.
Try shipping to friends and family or a PO box.
Old May 26, 10, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by specialeffects View Post
I guess just for kicks... and follow the guidelines of the mint to use the coins sans re-deposit.
Yea, just for kicks. I'm actually partially going along with what the government intended - dropping a few grand into the local economy.
Old May 26, 10, 11:05 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Unhappy Pre Signing for UPS next day air ?

My regular UPS driver has agreed to leave my coins on my front porch, if I leave a signed note. He says, " it's okay with me , but I can't speak for other drivers."

I've asked 4 drivers , and they all say, " it's okay with me but I can't speak for other drivers."

My Eighty three year old Mother had some coins coming this morning.( Go Mom. I do the lifting.) We left a signed note on her door. Driver left a note back saying, " I must see you, in order to leave this delivery."

She either does not hear the door bell , or risks falling trying to rush to the door before the speedy guy in the brown shorts leaves.

Is there a policy to address this issue? Other wise no more coins for Mom.
Old May 26, 10, 12:27 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
deleted

Last edited by cordelli; Dec 23, 10 at 2:12 pm
Old May 27, 10, 6:15 am

Location: Half time in PDX, Half time in Ajijic, Mexico. Near GDL
Programs: AA Platinum
Shipping Delays?

I'm headed back from Mexico and about to join you all in the coin shuffle again. How long is it taking from order to ship these days? Would appreciate any recent info. Thanks!
Old May 27, 10, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by ttervooren View Post
I'm headed back from Mexico and about to join you all in the coin shuffle again. How long is it taking from order to ship these days? Would appreciate any recent info. Thanks!
Lately it seems like 2-4 weeks. Everything is backordered
Old May 27, 10, 6:57 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
7 to 8 days for me.

Originally Posted by ttervooren View Post
Native American's are shipping in 7 days for me. Orders in the $1,750 to $2,750 range. no presidents.

ordered last wednesday, out for delivery today. ( Thursday)

larger orders may take longer. presidents take longer.
Old May 27, 10, 7:16 am

I guess i was exagerating a bit. 2-4 weeks is excessive.

I placed the following orders:

5/15 - $500 Jefferson, $500 Adams
5/17 - $500 Washington
5/20 - $500 Jackson

All shipped today (I should have looked before my previous post)
Old May 27, 10, 9:23 am

shipping more than coins?

Totally OT, but has anyone ever had a roach spotting after getting a shipment? A few weeks ago I found (and captured) a big fat sucker and remember wondering to myself if it could have come from the coin box I still had sitting on the floor with all it's glorious brown wadded paper spewing out.

Fast forward to last night, yet another big fat one. And guess what? I had just received another box. Coincidence? Most likely. But still...

Anyway, crunchy roach data point.
Old May 27, 10, 10:32 am

Programs: RapidRewards, Hhonors Diamond, AA,WorldPerks
yikes

Originally Posted by airshadow View Post
Totally OT, but has anyone ever had a roach spotting after getting a shipment? A few weeks ago I found (and captured) a big fat sucker and remember wondering to myself if it could have come from the coin box I still had sitting on the floor with all it's glorious brown wadded paper spewing out.

Fast forward to last night, yet another big fat one. And guess what? I had just received another box. Coincidence? Most likely. But still...

This has me rethinking all my Mint-related hijinks.
Old May 27, 10, 12:35 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 75K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by airshadow View Post

I am just eating lunch and I almost throw up....

Seriously, I haven't seen any. I open the boxes in various locations - home, garage, trunk, etc., and I have not seen their family members, yet.
Old May 28, 10, 5:45 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Delta Platinum Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro
*sigh*

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthr...5319&t=2052238
Old May 28, 10, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by Miami305 View Post
Great. Someone who is registered on slickdeals should post that it is a scam, or that clicking the link gives u a virus.
Old May 28, 10, 6:22 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 75K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by longleaf View Post
Great. Someone who is registered on slickdeals should post that it is a scam, or that clicking the link gives u a virus.
Once they start getting their orders canceled being over the limit (which they will, like most of us here), they would stop. So I won't worry too much about it.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: