Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Old May 21, 10, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by rajuabju View Post
Google: "mrpickles us mint coins"
Thanks. I remember reading that articvle when it came out and it's what got my interest in this little venture.
Old May 21, 10, 10:17 pm

Programs: NW Silver, CO Silver,SPG Gold, USMint Presidential, Chase/BA 100k
I'll be at the ORD DO courtesy of the Mint^
Old May 22, 10, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nwa330 View Post
I'll be at the ORD DO courtesy of the Mint^
In case you haven't heard about this event, here's the link. 423 registrants so far since May 13. Hurry if you are going to register, as we will no doubt sell out soon:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...th-2010-a.html

In addition to mrpickles telling US-mint-dollar-coin stories, the world-famous Pudding Guy will be there, along with a host of other Flyertalk Legends.

Last edited by toomanybooks; May 25, 10 at 6:32 am
Old May 22, 10, 6:52 pm

It's been a thrill spending these coins and getting reactions out of people. So far I've hit up gas stations, bakeries, grocery stores, Lowe's, Bloomingdales, Macy's, theaters, paying utilitiy bills at authorized payment centers, Costco, and Target. I just spent $200 at Lowe's and the lady could barely fit it in her registry. A lady behind me at Costco asked to buy $5 dollars of my coins. Most cashiers just accept the rolls as is but some open them to count. Restaurants are a bit tricky. If you leave more then 10+ you might feel a bit sorry or a jerk.
Old May 22, 10, 9:09 pm

Programs: starwood and american airlines
not always a jerk

Originally Posted by orgopeach View Post
It's been a thrill spending these coins and getting reactions out of people. So far I've hit up gas stations, bakeries, grocery stores, Lowe's, Bloomingdales, Macy's, theaters, paying utilitiy bills at authorized payment centers, Costco, and Target. I just spent $200 at Lowe's and the lady could barely fit it in her registry. A lady behind me at Costco asked to buy $5 dollars of my coins. Most cashiers just accept the rolls as is but some open them to count. Restaurants are a bit tricky. If you leave more then 10+ you might feel a bit sorry or a jerk.
two night ago went to peter luger's paid cash ($200) and the waiter loved it and the waiters rarely like anything. the coins are great just wish they did not weigh so much. i would also like to know how people are getting around box limits? thanks
Old May 23, 10, 3:42 am

Programs: UAL 1MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA 3MM
Originally Posted by Stoughton View Post
Could someone give us newer members a brief bio on the infamous Mr Pickles?
My lips are sealed. You have to come to the Chicago Seminar do for the whole story!

It will be a tell-all session with lots of photos and Q&A.
Old May 23, 10, 3:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by toomanybooks View Post
in case you haven't heard about this event, here's the link. 414 registrants so far since may 13. Hurry if you are going to register, as we will no doubt sell out soon:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...th-2010-a.html

in addition to mrpickles telling us-mint-dollar-coin stories, the world-famous pudding guy will be there, along with a host of other flyertalk legends.
i will be there!! Looking forward to it!
Old May 23, 10, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA Advantage Platinum, United 1K, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by drumdrum View Post
I'm sure a lot of people can't wait to meet you!

Cheers!
Old May 23, 10, 5:34 pm

Yeh, so you can be with 550 people who love you
Old May 23, 10, 8:13 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
I was going to miss the DO, as I'm out of the country for a month in Sept thanks to the Mint and AA churning, but this is tempting.............
Old May 24, 10, 9:10 pm

Programs: starwood and american airlines
Originally Posted by mrpickles View Post
My lips are sealed. You have to come to the Chicago Seminar do for the whole story!

It will be a tell-all session with lots of photos and Q&A.
DAMN you Mr. Pickles! sorry have 2 small children at home and simply cannot make the trip. really wish i could as i dream of bora bora all on points.
Old May 24, 10, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by mahoney100 View Post
DAMN you Mr. Pickles! sorry have 2 small children at home and simply cannot make the trip. really wish i could as i dream of bora bora all on points.
No worries. The book will be out within 6 months.
Old May 24, 10, 11:33 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Originally Posted by orgopeach View Post
I don't mean to sound rude, but why would anyone use coins anywhere that a credit card could be used ???
Old May 25, 10, 12:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM 1K, UK Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by PatMike View Post
I don't mean to sound rude, but why would anyone use coins anywhere that a credit card could be used ???
I guess just for kicks... and follow the guidelines of the mint to use the coins sans re-deposit.
Old May 25, 10, 5:25 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), SPG (Gold), MR (Gold)
Question

I've reached my limit on NA coins and, like others, would really appreciate any advice on obtaining more as other posters have hinted is possible.

Many thanks to anyone who will help!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: