Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2010, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by GoingAway
andy2 is recommending that you put a little effort into reading this thread and making use of the search tool to find information and some background to your questions. Everything you ask about has been discussed multiple times here already.
Correct! He was calling it a SPG visa card, which tells me he hasn't looked into this that much. There are certain risks you take when ordering dollar coins and I would hate to see anyone have problems because they did not do enough research. When you are dealing with thousands of dollars worth of currency you should really take the time out to read as much as you can and then ask questions. I think many members are here to help.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 7:30 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Time line

2010 NA
ordered monday 3-8
shipped tuesday 3-16
delivered wednesday 3-17

9 days
Old Mar 17, 2010, 8:13 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Delta Platinum Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro
Has anyone had any issues with depositing at Bank of America?
Old Mar 17, 2010, 8:20 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
The immediate bank deposit of $1 Coins ordered through this Program does not result in their introduction into circulation and, therefore, does not comply with the intended purpose of the Program.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 8:36 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by Miami305
There are several posts in this thread about branch problems with Bank of America.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 8:52 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Delta Platinum Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by dayone
There are several posts in this thread about branch problems with Bank of America.
Yes, they are mostly from 2009. The ones from this year reference 2 specific branches.

There are thousands of BOA locations, so information on other branches would be helpful.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 10:51 am

I'm pretty tempted to try and pay my tax bill with $1 coins. There's a guy in Indiana who did it in 2007 and made the news... but mostly because it was a protest, and he had a bill of over $12,000.

In my case, the bill is around $3200, but it DOES say that they accept cash at my local branch. Although 'exact change' is required.

http://www.irs.gov/localcontacts/art...159964,00.html

The only thing better than screwing the government, is doing it twice... but how likely am I to get away with it?
-TK
Old Mar 17, 2010, 1:14 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Yes, they are mostly from 2009. The ones from this year reference 2 specific branches.

There are thousands of BOA locations, so information on other branches would be helpful.
Unfortunately there is no answer to your question and a lack of information is probably your best information as if there were more specifics the folks on this thread tend to scream pretty loudly when they've been blackballed. Most likely it will depend on the bank mgr of whichever branches you deposit.

The only info that seems to be corroborated and corporation specific is that US Bank no longer awards any flexpoints for coin purchases and Amex likes to review suspicious behavior...whatever they deem that to be.

Your best bet is to start small and see what happens. If you have under $5k you should be able to spread out your deposits if you have to or get money orders from the post office if you're desperate.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 2:04 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
No problem with any branches from St Pete to Naples FL. I have had them mad at me when they ask for my debit card for the account, which I do not have, never did. I usually take in $1000 in coins along with some piddly rebate check from Staples so it is not exactly $1K for the deposit.
Also no problem with Suntrust, but Chase usually whines when they take them.

JudyJFLA
Old Mar 17, 2010, 5:57 pm

Programs: NW Silver, CO Silver,SPG Gold, USMint Presidential, Chase/BA 100k, Airtran Wendy's cups
Originally Posted by JudyJFLA
No problem with any branches from St Pete to Naples FL. I have had them mad at me when they ask for my debit card for the account, which I do not have, never did. I usually take in $1000 in coins along with some piddly rebate check from Staples so it is not exactly $1K for the deposit.
Also no problem with Suntrust, but Chase usually whines when they take them.

JudyJFLA
agree, Chase is the wost. BOA doesn't seem to have a problem however they got upset when I came in on Christmas eve with a load. SunTrust is the best, they ask for more when I come in.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 11:40 am

Programs: AA PPRO (OW Emerarld), BA Silver, DL PM
No problems at two branches on US 1 in South Miami and Pinecrest, but never more than $2000 at a time.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 11:48 am

Programs: United Platinum
That was easy, just did my first $500
Old Mar 18, 2010, 1:06 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Devyan1
jinx.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by PeoDeMIA
No problems at two branches on US 1 in South Miami and Pinecrest, but never more than $2000 at a time.
LOL look like we'll be overlapping. Tellers never ask you any questions?
Old Mar 18, 2010, 5:46 pm

Programs: NW Silver, CO Silver,SPG Gold, USMint Presidential, Chase/BA 100k, Airtran Wendy's cups
Originally Posted by Devyan1
I have 10,250 in my front hall closet. Your more then welcome to stop by and deposit these for me.

Once you get the fever you won't waste your time with small orders. Welcome to the game.

Last edited by nwa330; Mar 18, 2010 at 5:51 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.