Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2010, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, Sutherlands Lumber
Originally Posted by Aitchly
A wee bit OT, but thanks for the reminder. I got the same letter and new card. They said I could call MC to ask the name of the merchant!
Hope I'm wrong, let us know if your merchant is identified. Please excuse my hyperbole.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 12:33 pm

Programs: MS Plat, AOR ninja

Order Status: Your order request has been shipped.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
Originally Posted by carsonheim

Order Status: Your order request has been shipped.
are you posting this because previously yours were cancelled and you call them and they shipped it out to you??? or are you a first time newbie ordering them? Plz explain your posting so we can have some hope hehe
Old Feb 19, 2010, 12:53 pm

Programs: MS Plat, AOR ninja
Originally Posted by mrx900
are you posting this because previously yours were cancelled and you call them and they shipped it out to you??? or are you a first time newbie ordering them? Plz explain your posting so we can have some hope hehe
first time ordering coins
Old Feb 19, 2010, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA; Delta; US Air; BA Executive Club
I was a first timer about two weeks ago and ordered some NA coins. I told my wife about it after I ordered them and she said, "you finally ordered some coins....". This is after I had been talking about it for months. Just could not do it and then decided to go ahead. They shipped out about a week later and arrived in a couple of days.

Will attempt to order some more after I have completed placing these coins in circulation.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 2:32 pm

I've order about $x in coins since the beginning of the program, I use them but still need to deposit a good portion of it. I do have a good amount set aside for tolls and vending machines. Never had an order canceled.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fangtl
I've order about $x in coins since the beginning of the program,
x=?
Old Feb 19, 2010, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Blue Skye
i do both of those. use them to tip drivers and tell everyone that they are dollar coins, not quarters. don't want them thinking i just gave them a 75 cent tip.
Blue Skye, you're money. I'm in the 25c to 50c range, but in dollar coins.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 12:29 am

Programs: UAL 1MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA 3MM
Originally Posted by fangtl
I've order about $x in coins since the beginning of the program, I use them but still need to deposit a good portion of it. I do have a good amount set aside for tolls and vending machines. Never had an order canceled.
If you have ordered $x then I must have ordered $xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xx
Old Feb 20, 2010, 12:44 am

Programs: DL, CO, Hilton, SPG
Originally Posted by mrpickles
If you have ordered $x then I must have ordered $xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xx
MP, clean out your PMs. I cant send you one b/c your box is full.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 5:03 am

FIA card security

Originally Posted by pierre mclopez
Hope I'm wrong, let us know if your merchant is identified. Please excuse my hyperbole.
I got the same letter and new cards for an old FIA card that I don't use much. I've probably only used it for some recurring bills like health club and cell phone in the past year. I've never used it to buy coins because I only buy coins with new cards to meet the inital spend requirement.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 8:55 am

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis
If I call the Mint, can I order larger amounts (like $10k) over the phone? I have legitimate reasons as I am distributing some of them at my car washes...
Old Feb 20, 2010, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by rajuabju
If I call the Mint, can I order larger amounts (like $10k) over the phone? I have legitimate reasons as I am distributing some of them at my car washes...
Why not?
Old Feb 20, 2010, 10:35 am
Original Member

Location: UA UGS 1K; US Chairman: AA Platinum: Marriott Platinum Premier; *wood Gold
Uncancelled order

I received an unusual email this morning. About two weeks ago I had placed a $1000 NA coin order in my daughter's name. Last week I received a cancellation email with the standard working, unable to process etc. This morning, however, I received a shipping confirmation email with a tracking number for this same order. I verified it was the same one that had cancelled, its the same order number and its the only one I had submitted in my daughter's name in the past 5 weeks. I will post when and if the coins actually arrive.

Now I am going to go back and check other recent cancelled orders to see if they still show as cancelled.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 10:48 am
Original Member

Location: UA UGS 1K; US Chairman: AA Platinum: Marriott Platinum Premier; *wood Gold
I just checked four other orders that had cancelled over the past month. Three of them still show as cancelled, but the last does not. It was for $1500 NA's and on the track order page it shows one line as cancelled, but there is now another line below that one that shows $1000 NA's shipped yesterday with a tracking number. Is anyone else finding some of their cancelled orders coming back to life?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.