Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Old Sep 22, 08, 8:59 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, HH Gold, AA,DL,CO,NW,UA
Smile Finally arrived!!!

On 8/14/08 I ordered:

1. THOMAS JEFFERSON $250 BOX $1 COINS (Y03) Qty : 2
2. JOHN ADAMS $250 BOX $1 COINS (Y02) Qty : 2

They arrived today!!! It took about 5 weeks! I live in Hawaii & it was sent using USPS Registered mail! I used my Plat Delta AMEX & it was a charge, not a cash advance. I ordered another $1500 today! Thanks so much for all the tips!!!

1. GEORGE WASHINGTON $250 BOX $1 COINS (Y06) Qty 2 @ $250.00 - In stock.
2. JAMES MADISON $250 BOX $1 COINS (Y04) Qty 2 @ $250.00 - In stock.
3. CIRC.$1 COIN DIRECT SHIP ROLLS-J Q ADAMS (Y01) Qty 2 @ $250.00 - In stock.

Mahalo & aloha, john

Last edited by johnfuji; Sep 23, 08 at 12:40 pm
Old Sep 22, 08, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by AAerSTL View Post
Does anyone know if my order will ship separately for each president or if I will receive on larger box containing all three?
Most receive them all in one larger box, but there might be weight limits - $500 of three presidents is a fair amount of weight. My receipts from orders of $1,000 have 20 pound shipping weights (not kidding).
Old Sep 22, 08, 9:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
deleted

Last edited by Mr. Vker; Sep 22, 08 at 9:29 pm
Old Sep 22, 08, 9:28 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH & HY
Go to post #1 and click
Old Sep 23, 08, 12:13 am
Original Member

I have been following this thread more or less closely. Please excuse me if I missed something. But I have been reading comments on the lack of security of delivery to the door due to no signature requirement, and that you can't use a Post Office Box for delivery. Well, today I submitted an order to my Post Office Box. It was accepted. We shall see how it is delivered.
Old Sep 23, 08, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by BakerStreet View Post
Tried to deposit 10 rolls of coins into my account at Commerce Bank. They said I had to unwrap them and feed them through their Penny Arcade machine. Think I'll try Citibank on Monday !
According to the Commerce Bank website, you can use Penny Arcade even if you're not a customer. This may be useful for people who don't have an account at Commerce and whose own banks don't want to take so many coins.
Old Sep 23, 08, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by ttjoseph View Post
According to the Commerce Bank website, you can use Penny Arcade even if you're not a customer. This may be useful for people who don't have an account at Commerce and whose own banks don't want to take so many coins.
My Branch of Commerce Bank accepted 4 rolls for deposit.
Old Sep 23, 08, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
I am kinda liking these coins. Works in my vending machine so I just need one coin instead of 3-4.
Old Sep 23, 08, 6:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Finally deposited mine today at AlaskaUSA... $225 worth- no questions

Spent about $23 at local merchants and am missing a couple of coins (why I don't like them )
Old Sep 23, 08, 7:54 pm

Programs: AA, Hilton, SPG, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by pgary View Post
I have been following this thread more or less closely. Please excuse me if I missed something. But I have been reading comments on the lack of security of delivery to the door due to no signature requirement, and that you can't use a Post Office Box for delivery. Well, today I submitted an order to my Post Office Box. It was accepted. We shall see how it is delivered.
You can use a P.O. box. That's really my only way to get mail. It took almost 3 weeks and I had to sign several things, but they were fine. By the way I had no problem depositing most today. She even asked if I wanted the little holders back. She said they would go in the safe. So thanks for the successful idea and my miles of course!
Judi
Old Sep 23, 08, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: LAS; 1991 - 2010: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: Marriott Titanium. Life: UA 540K mi., United & Admirals Clubs, Marr. Gold
I seem to be experiencing a lot of order cancellations as of late.
Old Sep 23, 08, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer View Post
I seem to be experiencing a lot of order cancellations as of late.
multiple orders for the same president? If so you are not alone.
Old Sep 24, 08, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Just got an email confirming a test shipment of $500 in Andrew Jackson coins I ordered with my same Visa I always used that I am now using to send to my mother has in fact shipped. This means that worked and so she should receive the coins soon since they shipped on 9/23.

She is going to be visiting ME though, for most of this week and into next so she may not be home if they don't come before she drives away!

I can't recall seeing a post about this but maybe there was one:

What if you know you wont be home when they are going to deliver and it could be fed x requiring a signature? Can one divert the shipment or find out where it will be and have them hold it? Some construction workers are doing things at her house. I would not want Jose or Vinny to somehow end up with the box

These are the beginnings of my order's tracking numbers. Anyone know?

910110XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
295641XXXXXXXXXXX
1Z8E85YXXXXXXXXXXX
Old Sep 24, 08, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

actually, wait--I got it. I was looking at the email of this order in my Yahoo mail and if you roll over the numbers, a popup comes up showing what type they are. The first one is USPS and did not have a record, but the last one of the 3 is UPS and did show the following when I clicked on the roll over, which opened a new page at UPS.com!

Your package is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 09/26/2008.

Tracking Number: 1Z 8E8 5YXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Type: Package
In Transit - On Time
Your shipment is moving within the UPS network and should be delivered on the Scheduled Delivery Date. A shipment can remain in this status until it is delivered. Other than time-definite air deliveries, shipments are generally delivered anytime between the hours of 9 a.m. and 7 p.m. to residences, and by close of business for commercial addresses. UPS cannot schedule a specific delivery time within that window.

What should I do if I'm expecting a delivery?
This is the most up-to-date information about the status of your shipment. For residential deliveries that require a signature, you can leave instructions for the driver if no one will be home. For example, you can ask that it be delivered to a neighbor who will be home. Shipments that don't require a signature can be left in a safe place at the driver's discretion.

In Transit - On Time
Scheduled Delivery: 09/26/2008

OK, will maybe contact them to leave it in a specific spot or have a neighbor come by to grab it or something.

update: I did register my mother's address and just our last name on UPS.com and created a login ID. Then I added email alerts to me, with a note as to where she would normally like to receive packages at the house if not home. Still may call them to try and figure out how to have it reverted to somewhere else as I could not find that online and she has no work account with them.

All of this is why having things like this sent to an office or a PO box is a good idea in life.

Last edited by Marathon Man; Sep 24, 08 at 4:57 am
Old Sep 24, 08, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UA Fan View Post
I am kinda liking these coins. Works in my vending machine so I just need one coin instead of 3-4.
I have not tried these in vending machines but am curious if anyone else has and what has worked. Rest areas on highways often have newer ones and yet some places are old school.

Some, of course, take CCs so once again, we MUST use that form of payment in order to justify the mile-cash methodology in our lives, mustn't we?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: