Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Old Feb 1, 10, 8:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
I have _never_ received dollar coins from the mint. I have tried 5 times to order a whopping $500. Each order was canceled without explanation. I have tried 3 different credit cards and 4 different presidents. I even called and ordered over the phone once.

I have no desire to haul these things to the bank - I thought they were novel and wanted a few to spend. At this point, no thanks - I'll stick with dollar bills.
Old Feb 1, 10, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by StevenH123 View Post
I have _never_ received dollar coins from the mint. I have tried 5 times to order a whopping $500. Each order was canceled without explanation. I have tried 3 different credit cards and 4 different presidents. I even called and ordered over the phone once.

I have no desire to haul these things to the bank - I thought they were novel and wanted a few to spend. At this point, no thanks - I'll stick with dollar bills.
Thanks for posting. Perhaps strangely, I consider this good news. That means it may not be us; it may be the system.

Maybe the mint is canceling orders and letting us all reorder to learn about our patterns?

StevenH123: Is it possible that others have ordered coins to your shipping address, i.e. a work address?
Old Feb 1, 10, 9:39 pm

josephstern - My shipping address is a single family house that I have lived at for many years.
Old Feb 1, 10, 10:06 pm

OK - thanks. I guess all I can conclude here is that the Mint isn't shipping at all.
Old Feb 1, 10, 10:12 pm
In memoriam

The Mint is certainly shipping. Got $5K today after missing the delivery guy last week.

PS Delivery address used before--"virgin" card as to the Mint.
Old Feb 1, 10, 10:28 pm

My attempted orders have been placed over the span of about a month or so. The conclusion I draw is that the mint doesn't have a rational system.
Old Feb 1, 10, 10:46 pm

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond

I certainly understand your feelings, but they are fun to spend. Remember, it says if you need more than the limit send an email after ordering explaining why you need more. Your email can say something like:

Dear US Mint. I need more coins because I NEVER ORDERED ANY COINS BEFORE AND I'M NOT ORDERING MORE THAN THE LIMIT NOW JUST SEND ME SOME COINS!!!!!!
Old Feb 2, 10, 12:08 am

I think some may just need to move on. If MrPickles can... I think you can as well! haha

I just am worried some people will get desperate and try to have them shipped to places other than their home. Remember this is thousands of $$$ and we don't need another drumdrum.
Old Feb 2, 10, 12:18 am

Programs: UAL 1MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA 3MM
Originally Posted by Astrophsx View Post
I think some may just need to move on. If MrPickles can... I think you can as well! haha
DITTO

I have moved on. Earned 271 miles in Jan on AA, on track for more in Feb.
All of it without ever leaving my desk. Need to hit the gym.
Old Feb 2, 10, 12:38 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

I thought they were novel and wanted a few to spend. At this point, no thanks
Have you checked for coins at your bank?
Old Feb 2, 10, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by pawtim View Post
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Does UPS deliver to PO boxes now? I'm assuming you ordered more than 1 box.
Since I had the shipping address a PO box, it came via USMail. It took almost 5 days to go from IL to OH. I had to sign for them at the window too.
Old Feb 2, 10, 9:40 am

I was pretty new to the game but it looks like the mint is not accepting orders from me and a lot of people right now.

I've made 2 orders in the last few weeks with no problems. Since then I've submitted 2 different orders that after processing for 24 hours have been cancelled.

bummer.....
Old Feb 2, 10, 9:48 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Delta Platinum Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro
There seems to be a lot of people who are saying that their orders are canceled. Who here has SUCCESSFULLY placed orders within the past 2 weeks?
Old Feb 2, 10, 9:53 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG 75K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Miami305 View Post
There seems to be a lot of people who are saying that their orders are canceled. Who here has SUCCESSFULLY placed orders within the past 2 weeks?
I placed an order on 1/27 with an expected shipping date of 2/1. As of today, 2/2, the order is still showing in process with an expected shipping date of 2/1 . I will see what happens.
Old Feb 2, 10, 9:56 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by buschoi View Post
..... As of today, 2/2, the order is still showing in process with an expected shipping date of 2/1 . I will see what happens.
+1

Search this Thread
Search Engine: