Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Old Jan 29, 10, 11:55 pm

Just received $500 NA this morning.
Old Jan 30, 10, 1:06 am

Programs: AA,DL, EY, US, CX, one world, star alliance, skyteam
went to the bank yesterday to deposit. my regular teller didnt give me her usual greeting but instead called the manager and asked me to wait.
Manager came and told me they will charge me 8% from the deposit amount.

went to another bank ---> success... deposited

I dont argue if they wont accept the coins. I rather go to the next nearest branch! lol hahah
Old Jan 30, 10, 4:23 am

Programs: AA,CO,US, and SPG Gold (just like everyone else :P)
Question....

I am not sure if I have read incorrectly but maybe you guys can help me out. Are you having orders canceled after making $5000 orders cumulatively over the entire year or only if you order more than $5000 at a certain time. I have not ordered any since December and it seems a lot has changed...
Old Jan 30, 10, 8:57 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Delta Platinum Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by ferrariboi View Post
went to the bank yesterday to deposit. my regular teller didnt give me her usual greeting but instead called the manager and asked me to wait.

I dont argue if they wont accept the coins. I rather go to the next nearest branch! lol hahah
Same issue with my local Chase bank. Just keep moving on...
Old Jan 30, 10, 12:44 pm

Went to Disney yesterday. Bought a churro for $3.50. Paid with a $5. Any guesses on how my change came?
Old Jan 30, 10, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum Thnks to FT
Originally Posted by learningtime View Post
Not sure if this has been reported yet, not following this thread here on FT. There is a post on FW about a bank that refused to take OPs coin deposits. Worse, they closed his accounts and asked that he collect his current balance in coins. Not sure how much of this is true, just thought I'd mention this as an FYI.

I think I saw the bank name somewhere in that thread - Bank of the West.
That sounds like an urban legend designed to scare people into not trying
Old Jan 30, 10, 2:25 pm

Programs: DL, CO, Hilton, SPG
Originally Posted by cnsoccer View Post
I am not sure if I have read incorrectly but maybe you guys can help me out. Are you having orders canceled after making $5000 orders cumulatively over the entire year or only if you order more than $5000 at a certain time. I have not ordered any since December and it seems a lot has changed...
I always do small orders, usually $500-1500 at a time. I ordered $500 about two weeks ago, then the day after the arrived, I ordered another $500 and that order was canceled within 24 hours. There is no apparent logic to how they are canceling orders, it just seems like if someone is sitting there saying eh, this person ordered too soon, they just received some.
Old Jan 30, 10, 2:58 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Contact with a moderator

I've not posted before but have read every page of this thread. To avoid going back through each page I wanted to find out who the moderator is and how I might contact them privately. I'm new to FT. Can anyone point me in the right direction and then I'll send that person a message.

Thank you.
Old Jan 30, 10, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by Mike Wilson View Post
I've not posted before but have read every page of this thread. To avoid going back through each page I wanted to find out who the moderator is and how I might contact them privately. I'm new to FT. Can anyone point me in the right direction and then I'll send that person a message.

Thank you.
Mike,

Welcome to FT.

You do not have to contact the moderator to avoid going back through each page. You can simply not go back through each page and move on to something else more interesting in life.
Old Jan 30, 10, 3:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Delta Platinum Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by josephstern View Post
Went to Disney yesterday. Bought a churro for $3.50. Paid with a $5. Any guesses on how my change came?
I wonder why people seem to love getting this as change at Disney (or so it has been reported), but at places like a carwash (as another member here has mentioned) they don't??
Old Jan 30, 10, 3:53 pm

Programs: MR Plat, PC Plat
Originally Posted by Miami305 View Post
I wonder why people seem to love getting this as change at Disney (or so it has been reported), but at places like a carwash (as another member here has mentioned) they don't??
For $1 at Disney, it's the cheapest souvenir you can get and it can get taped in your scrapbook as a permanent memory.

When you get it from the carwash, you have to figure out how you're going to spend it.
Old Jan 30, 10, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by dave-b View Post
For $1 at Disney, it's the cheapest souvenir you can get and it can get taped in your scrapbook as a permanent memory.
Do scrapbook pages count as "circulating", in the Mint's definition?
Old Jan 30, 10, 4:30 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by Mike Wilson View Post
It's very unusual for a brand new member to have the need to deal privately with a moderator. Unless you need to report a complaint or a violation, it's best to post your issue.
Old Jan 30, 10, 4:48 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
regular teller

I never take coins to my regular teller. I may still want to be a welcomed customer at my branch, when the coin deal is history. I have checking accounts at three different banks. Each bank has over 20 branches , in the area, so I spread the love.

Originally Posted by ferrariboi View Post

Old Jan 30, 10, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by Miami305 View Post
I wouldn't have loved it at all if it wasn't for this thread.

Now I love it even less: earlier today I put it in a parking meter thinking it was a quarter. Brilliant, I know. The guy who parked after me is happy, at least.

Maybe if these were ubiquitous I'd be sensitized to them and not mistake them for quarters like everyone else. In the meantime, getting it as change basically just cost me 75 cents.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: