Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2010, 11:47 pm

Just noticed:

Due to the United States Mint’s quarterly inventory, expedited shipping will not be available for orders placed from January 15 through January 25, 2010. Orders over $300 and orders containing gold or platinum United States Mint collectibles will receive a complimentary upgrade, but may experience a slight delay. Expedited shipping will be available again for orders placed on or after January 26, 2010. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 6:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by pierre mclopez
Shipped or no longer available? A glitch like this happened last October.
Unfortunately this morning they added the 'No longer available' part to it , but that was my fault since I ordered tthese 3k long after the other 2k , I didnt want to chance losing the other 2k which was very much needed
Old Jan 22, 2010, 7:45 am

Programs: United Silver, PC Plat/Amb, HH Dmnd
I just noticed this new language on the direct ship site, re: the 2010 NAs. "There is a 20-box cumulative household limit on 2010 Native American $1 Coins." I guess they finally got around to clarifying the policy.

Andyandy
Old Jan 22, 2010, 8:01 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by josephstern
As others have posted, the shortage ends in $.75, which makes it all pretty strange.

I hope the bank just resolves it easily, but if not, I'll have to eat it, and this erases the gains from several deposits.
How much are you depositing on each trip that $.75 "erases gains from several deposits"? Even if you're using a 1% cashback card for the coins (or you value 1 airline mile at 1 penny), if you deposit $75, that makes up for the 75 cents lost.

Originally Posted by longtimereader
My bank won't accept coins for my mortgage.
As aviators99 points out, they must take them. The coins are legal tender and you have an outstanding debt. See the FAQ regarding "My bank won't take my coin deposit..."

Originally Posted by andyandy
I just noticed this new language on the direct ship site, re: the 2010 NAs. "There is a 20-box cumulative household limit on 2010 Native American $1 Coins." I guess they finally got around to clarifying the policy.

Andyandy

Yeah, I saw that and thought that it only took them 2 years to figure out that their "limits" didn't have any teeth. I have another question regarding the new "limit", but I won't post it here for everyone to see.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
How much are you depositing on each trip that $.75 "erases gains from several deposits"? Even if you're using a 1% cashback card for the coins (or you value 1 airline mile at 1 penny), if you deposit $75, that makes up for the 75 cents lost.
I was just say that the end of the number was 75 cents. There were a few digits in front of it.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 2:38 pm

Has anybody had part of the order cancelled? I ordered $500 of one pres. and $250 of the other yesterday. Today the $500 had a status: line was cancelled, and $250: backordered.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by friedice
Has anybody had part of the order cancelled? I ordered $500 of one pres. and $250 of the other yesterday. Today the $500 had a status: line was cancelled, and $250: backordered.
It could happen. I had that happened in the past.

In your case it may very well be the particular one now is completely out of stock.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 3:35 pm

Programs: DL, CO, Hilton, SPG
Why are people experiencing shortages? I don't understand the 75 cents lost. Can someone clarify please.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 3:39 pm

One new development, and I am probably pretty crazy for even thinking about this, but I recently discovered by accident that one of the vending machines at my place of employment returns dollar bills if I put in a dollar coin and then hit the refund button. I played around for a few minutes and converted ten $1 coins into ten $1 bills.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 4Health
Why are people experiencing shortages? I don't understand the 75 cents lost. Can someone clarify please.
It was more like $xxx.75.

I deposit coins. I got credit in my account. Two weeks later the bank did an adjustment, saying that upon counting, I was short $xxx.75.

Beyond all of the other questions, the idea that I was short a non-round number is just absurd, or someone tampered with my bags at some point in the process.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 4Health
One new development, and I am probably pretty crazy for even thinking about this, but I recently discovered by accident that one of the vending machines at my place of employment returns dollar bills if I put in a dollar coin and then hit the refund button. I played around for a few minutes and converted ten $1 coins into ten $1 bills.
Not bad. Regular machine?
Old Jan 22, 2010, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have an account that I used to order collectible coins, and I also have ordered coins without using my account. But I recently discovered these orders have been aggregated into my account. Has this happened to anyone else?
Old Jan 22, 2010, 5:39 pm

Programs: HH Dia, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by ChaseTheMiles
I have an account that I used to order collectible coins, and I also have ordered coins without using my account. But I recently discovered these orders have been aggregated into my account. Has this happened to anyone else?
I have had orders that I completed as a guest without logging in to my account be aggregated into my account as well.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
Not bad. Regular machine?
It's a drink machine and it doesn't quite look like the regular drink vending machines. PM me if you are interested and I'll find a picture of the vending machine.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 7:47 pm

Programs: AA Peon Gold
Yeah, I saw that and thought that it only took them 2 years to figure out that their "limits" didn't have any teeth. I have another question regarding the new "limit", but I won't post it here for everyone to see.
Without getting specific, their limits still don't have any teeth as long as you fly under the radar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.