Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Old Jan 16, 10, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA, USAir
Some of my uses for the coins:

My coworker makes excellent beef jerkey. He sells a bag for $5. I end up getting 5 bags and giving him 1 roll.

Another worker makes the best darn tamales and taquitos for $5 a bag. Again, you guessed it, I order 5 bags at a time so that I can pay him by the roll
Old Jan 16, 10, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by jimbaum View Post
Some of my uses for the coins:

My coworker makes excellent beef jerkey. He sells a bag for $5. I end up getting 5 bags and giving him 1 roll.

Another worker makes the best darn tamales and taquitos for $5 a bag. Again, you guessed it, I order 5 bags at a time so that I can pay him by the roll
Is the jerky spicy? How can I get some?
Old Jan 16, 10, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by mgirdley View Post
The Mint's intent of the program is to get the $1 coins in circulation. You need to demonstrate to them that you'll help them meet that goal. I read of a laundry operator using them as change getting an exception.

With so many people buying, they appear to be limiting quantities for distribution to slow down "instant-depositors." So, getting an exception appears a moot point until the buzz dies down.
Have them shipped to your local laundry mat....
Sit and wait at the laundry mat... haha
Old Jan 16, 10, 8:28 pm

Is the 5k limit new?
Old Jan 16, 10, 9:15 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by emaij View Post
Is the 5k limit new?
Yes...
Old Jan 16, 10, 9:33 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Programs: US Platinum, United 1k, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC, Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Andy2 View Post
The 2010 N.A.s have moved from backordered to In Process, for me at least.

Soon FTs will attempt to order another round of 20 boxes of 2010 N.A.s, with shipping to the same address. Perhaps you will be one of them. Then we will know if the limits are being enforced, or are instead "suggestions".

Past enforcement has not resulted in account closures. Excess orders are occasionally cancelled and the rule violator is allowed to attempt a repeated violation at a later time. Sometime the repeat violator has better success with the subsequent order (than he did with the cancelled order).
Heck, my *FIRST* order of 2010 coins were cancelled within a day of placing the order! Sure, I've ordered lots before and got one of "the letters" from The Mint, but I thought they'd let me get one order of the new ones since they do have a 20 box limit. Guess I'll have to try again.
Old Jan 17, 10, 12:33 am

Programs: NW Silver, CO Silver,SPG Gold, USMint Presidential, Chase/BA 100k
5k limit at one time or total? I'm confused. I don't see this on the web site.
Old Jan 17, 10, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nwa330 View Post
5k limit at one time or total? I'm confused. I don't see this on the web site.
20 boxes * 250 coins = ?
Old Jan 17, 10, 3:07 am

Originally Posted by moondog View Post
20 boxes * 250 coins = ?
It's in the FAQ and it's also on the individual Mint's Pres dollar coin website.

Also, if you've been sent letters from the mint telling you to no longer purchase coins from them please refrain from posting on here that you are going to keep going to try regardless if they keep canceling your orders. Don't think that is very fair and I find it kind of rude.

I believe that if the mint is being nice to let us continue to buy these coins, even though they are no in limited amounts. If you want to try to bypass or go over these limits, do them on your own time and do not post on here. It's widely known that the mint monitors this and other websites and I feel it's best to be respectful when posting on here.
Old Jan 17, 10, 2:49 pm

Programs: NW Silver, CO Silver,SPG Gold, USMint Presidential, Chase/BA 100k
Originally Posted by moondog View Post
20 boxes * 250 coins = ?
Whatever moondog... Even my dog can do that math.
Old Jan 17, 10, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA Peon Gold
You might also have greater success skirting the limitations by flying under the radar and not trying to order $x,xxx of coins at one time.
Old Jan 17, 10, 10:30 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Programs: US Platinum, United 1k, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC, Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Astrophsx View Post

Also, if you've been sent letters from the mint telling you to no longer purchase coins from them please refrain from posting on here that you are going to keep going to try regardless if they keep canceling your orders. Don't think that is very fair and I find it kind of rude.
If that's directed at me: 1. I never got a letter telling me to no longer purchase coins, and 2. They didn't cancel "orders" of mine, it was my first order for the 2010s and, thus, only 1 was cancelled.
Old Jan 18, 10, 11:12 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
I just received an email today that my 2010 NA order is on backorder with expected shipping date on the 25th.

I will have to be Jonesin' for shiny things another week or more!

JudyJFLA
Old Jan 18, 10, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by friedice View Post
Just received in the mail that two of my Chase CC accounts (United Visa and Continental MC) were closed on Dec 21st for "not being used as intended". Called in, found out that it was due to mint purchases. The accounts cannot be reopened.
Has anyone else experienced this?

Has Chase identified other kinds of purchases as "not being used as intended" or just the mint? Thanks.
Old Jan 18, 10, 11:35 am
Original Member

Just received notification that my second order of 2010 N.A.s was cancelled. Same nice e-mail notifying me of the cancellation and inviting me to resubmit my order.

Multiple orders of Presidents at 2 boxes each seem to be working, though. I guess for right now, if one is going to exceed the limits, it is important to keep it small.

Probably worth trying to get more 2010 N.A.s later in the year when the "new" customers are gone and the Mint vaults start to fill up.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: