Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Old Jan 11, 2010, 6:44 pm

Programs: UA, AA, US, DL, PC Plat, Dollar, Avis, National, SPG, HH Gold, CC Gold
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Ha - of course if you are using the program to get coins to actually spend then yes I agree... but in that case I still think it's somewhat irrelevant as I can't imagine anyone ordering enough coins for actual use that would make it worthwhile. I may order a single box every now and then for use as tip money when I travel, paying road tolls etc... but this is going to be like $250 every now and then... not going to set my mileage account on fire the way my prior $5k every couple of weeks was doing
I pay my mortgage with them every month and the tellers are happy to see me. They say their manager likes them and this keeps her from having to order them to give out as change. I'm doing my part.

Mister Balima uses them to buy lunch. Master Balima gets them as allowance and spends them at school for meals. Master Balima gets them as movie money. I use them at parking boxes. It's actually amazing how quickly you can spend them.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 9:12 pm

Programs: Credit Cards
yay... first box shipped! two more backordered.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by aviators99
Good advice.

I've read (on here) that the reason for the extra money is that they need to clear up a jam from a previous count, and coins are counted from the previous jam.
That happened to me several times. It seems a coin or two gets stuck. We went yesterday and one scraggler dollar took three cycles to come out. A couple other times, I was credited the extra because the cashier said there must have been a coin stuck there previously from someone else.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by MojaveJack
Yes but when you're counting $1 coins you have to wonder where the extra 25c came from?
It was probably stuck in there from a previous transaction.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 5:29 am

Do the shipments require signature? UPS/Fedex/Postoffice typically leave packages at my door sometimes without even knocking. Not sure I want hundreds of $$ sitting on my doorstep waiting for me to return home. Any suggestions for securing the shipments better?
Old Jan 12, 2010, 5:52 am

Programs: United: 1K
Originally Posted by 96MustangGT
Do the shipments require signature? UPS/Fedex/Postoffice typically leave packages at my door sometimes without even knocking. Not sure I want hundreds of $$ sitting on my doorstep waiting for me to return home. Any suggestions for securing the shipments better?
Rent a box at a UPS store. They'll take delivery and you can pick them up at a more convenient time.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 6:33 am

Are Chase Southwest Visa credit card purchases still earning points?

I realize that the volume is now highly restricted and there has been talk of purchases counting towards cash advances or purchases not earning the points with the cc companies.

I just needed a quick answer as I have to have a certain amount of purchases this month on my SW Visa and my $500 order just shipped.

If it counts like the "old days" then I am good. If it doesn't count, then I have to spend $500 quickly.

I would appreciate a quick answer.

Thanks
Old Jan 12, 2010, 7:58 am

I think if we compiled a list of what "is" and what "is not" working would be helpful. I'm sure you could find an answer in this thread but the thread is 500 pages long and many cases the credit card companies policies have changed.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by MattinAustin
I think if we compiled a list of what "is" and what "is not" working would be helpful. I'm sure you could find an answer in this thread but the thread is 500 pages long and many cases the credit card companies policies have changed.
Did you notice that there's a FAQ? It's 1 page long and up to date.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 8:18 am

Programs: Several dozen
An up to date resource would be a target for spoilers to use to wipe out the program. Suggest you use multiple cards to order $500 each and treat the Mint as just a long term point source.

Old Jan 12, 2010, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by atwnsw2
Are Chase Southwest Visa credit card purchases still earning points?

I realize that the volume is now highly restricted and there has been talk of purchases counting towards cash advances or purchases not earning the points with the cc companies.

I just needed a quick answer as I have to have a certain amount of purchases this month on my SW Visa and my $500 order just shipped.

If it counts like the "old days" then I am good. If it doesn't count, then I have to spend $500 quickly.

I would appreciate a quick answer.

Thanks
No reports of it not earning points!
Old Jan 12, 2010, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
An up to date resource would be a target for spoilers to use to wipe out the program.
The damage has already been done!!!
Old Jan 12, 2010, 8:25 am

Programs: Several dozen
Deposit them in Chase when you open a new checking account with the 25,000 miles offer.

Well guys.

I'm new to the board and new to this. Placed my very first order just 20 minutes ago. Ordered $1000 on the Citi AAdvantage just to get the feel of it. I'm in complete agreement that the government waste billions and now trillions every year and I feel its my duty to somehow get something back now. Its not going to make me rich but its sure going to put a smile on my face when I book that next first class ticket and know where it came from.

Anyone got any good banks in Austin I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks-
Old Jan 12, 2010, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by QL_714
No reports of it not earning points!
Thank you
Old Jan 12, 2010, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Ha - of course if you are using the program to get coins to actually spend then yes I agree... but in that case I still think it's somewhat irrelevant as I can't imagine anyone ordering enough coins for actual use that would make it worthwhile.
The universe is stranger than you can imagine.

My condo fees plus real estate taxes are over $25,000/year. If I find a way to pay Income Taxes in cash, that's a huge win.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.