Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2009, 9:33 am

While I was having fun circulating these at Quiznos yesterday:

Clerk: "These aren't the ones that have chocolate inside are they?"
Me: "You're free to take a bite out of one to find out"
Clerk:
Old Dec 30, 2009, 11:49 am

Was anyone else asked by their CC Issuer to send in a 4506-T? What does this mean in a nutshell?
Old Dec 30, 2009, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by COAIR005
Was anyone else asked by their CC Issuer to send in a 4506-T? What does this mean in a nutshell?
You will find quite a few of posts regarding this in the Other Credit Card Forum, particularly in the threads related to Citi. Or in the AMEX forum, do a search you would also find related posts.

What that means, the CC issuer has performed an account review on you (probably triggered by your charge pattern), and determine they WANT to see the PROOF of your Stated Income on the application. 4506-T is the form authorized them to pull your Federal Income Tax Return.

If you ignore the request, the next step may be a closure of your cards.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 11:58 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Yes. Sounds like you are selected for a financial review, and it is probably AMEX, right?

There is an older thread over at the AMEX forum discussing all AMEX has done this year to its loyal members. I have several posts there about my financial review experience in July (grrr...right after they had raised my line of credit). I came out okay, but I didn't like how I was treated.

AMEX is at it again
Old Dec 30, 2009, 1:04 pm

Boy that was quick of you. Read my post that I wrote up two days ago about my AmEx experience this past summer. can't say we didnt warn you!

Now, if you do not supply it, your account is closed and you lose all points. if you do supply it, there is a good chance your income will not support your coin orders so you are screwed in that regards to (apologies if you have a very high income)..I just figure most of us order way more than what we can support with our yearly income.

The financial review department is the worst. heck, I was never told of my advisers first name..I simply had to refer to him as "Mr. so and so" (cant remember name).

I refused to supply it and I told them straight up this was more information than a credit company deserves and then we went our separate ways. In the end, you save your credit a bit since you close it on your behalf and AmEx doesnt close it on there behalf when they see your income doe snot support your charges.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 1:40 pm

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
Just received the following letter in the mail from the mint about a laptop that was stolen with some of our ordering information..be careful.. FYI

On Dec 5, 2009 the United States Mint learned of a data breach involving its contractor operated customer call center. Specifically, on the evening of Dec 4, 2009, a laptop computer owned by a United State Mint Contractor was stolen from his privately-owned vehicle. While the computer was protected by a login password, its hard drive was not encrypted. This laptop computer contained shipping and order tracking information used by the United States Mint's order fulfillment operations to process claims for lost shipments.

Unfortunately, information related to one of your orders, as indicated below, was contained on this laptop computer:
Name ,Address, Phone #, Order #/Tracking#, Order Value, Description of Items

This information did not include passwords, credit card, or financial information, and is not readily accessible to the person currently in possession of the laptop computer. We have no reason to believe the laptop was targeted because of the data contained on it, which is located in one of its many files. To date, there is not indication of any attempt to access or use any of the information contained on the laptop computer.

etc. etc...

anyone get the same letter?
Old Dec 30, 2009, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

GW and JM Shipped

2 boxes of GW were ordered way back 12/05. Shipment date went back and forth many times and finally shipped today 12/30. It has been delayed for so long I switched the CC used for payment as the original CC no longer needs the help.

2 boxes each of GW and JM were ordered on 12/28. They show being shipped today 12/30.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 3:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Order date: 12/25

Ship date 12/30

2 boxes GW

And I am seriously getting addicted to these coins- using them all over for typical 'cash' transactions. I usually have a roll sitting in my car for easy access, and in my pocket during the day. And the reaction to the coins- most positive, some extremely doubtful, but still use them anyway

And friends and family have started asking me for them too- changing out $25 at a time for cash, so they can use them for the bus, etc.

So I do strive to do my part to help circulate the coins, and have developed my own unique way of going thru TSA with a box of 500 or so as well (put that in a separate tray )
Old Dec 30, 2009, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by swintec
Boy that was quick of you. Read my post that I wrote up two days ago about my AmEx experience this past summer. can't say we didnt warn you!

Now, if you do not supply it, your account is closed and you lose all points. if you do supply it, there is a good chance your income will not support your coin orders so you are screwed in that regards to (apologies if you have a very high income)..I just figure most of us order way more than what we can support with our yearly income.

The financial review department is the worst. heck, I was never told of my advisers first name..I simply had to refer to him as "Mr. so and so" (cant remember name).

I refused to supply it and I told them straight up this was more information than a credit company deserves and then we went our separate ways. In the end, you save your credit a bit since you close it on your behalf and AmEx doesnt close it on there behalf when they see your income doe snot support your charges.
Since that "warning" I did nothing, in fact i deleted my account on USMINTs website. I want nothing to do with them anymore. What I thought would be a fun way to get some miles and %cash back while at the same time get myself acquainted with the new $1 Cons has just caused me trouble.

On the bright side, I just got several e-mails from the MINT stating that some of my previous orders shipped and I'll have them tomorrow to I guess I'll use them to PAY FOR MY NEW YEARS DINNER!

Last edited by COAIR005; Dec 30, 2009 at 4:03 pm
Old Dec 30, 2009, 5:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, and a mug on the wall at the local brewpub
Since that "warning" I did nothing, in fact i deleted my account on USMINTs website.
Any indication that this will help avoid review?
Old Dec 30, 2009, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Since that "warning" I did nothing, in fact i deleted my account on USMINTs website. I want nothing to do with them anymore. What I thought would be a fun way to get some miles and %cash back while at the same time get myself acquainted with the new $1 Cons has just caused me trouble.

On the bright side, I just got several e-mails from the MINT stating that some of my previous orders shipped and I'll have them tomorrow to I guess I'll use them to PAY FOR MY NEW YEARS DINNER!
You were too aggressive despite the recent development. The "warning" would not help you because the damage has already been done by virtue of your placing many orders in a short span of time. (12 being canceled per your post, so there are most likely MORE than 12...)

Originally Posted by boomdog
Any indication that this will help avoid review?
Doubt it. It has nothing to do with the CC being in the Mint's system. The authorization pattern alone would trigger the account review which now seems to lead to a financial review - a much more thorough "fact-finding" process than the basic account review.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 8:06 pm

Programs: Grounded
Originally Posted by friedice
Just received in the mail that two of my Chase CC accounts (United Visa and Continental MC) were closed on Dec 21st for "not being used as intended". Called in, found out that it was due to mint purchases. The accounts cannot be reopened.
Oh that's bad news. $1k of mint purchases just cleared on my BA Chase, but I'm also using it for everyday purchases. Hopefully that'll be a mitigating factor for them.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 9:05 pm

I think it was the spurr of auths from many backorders all clearing at the same time.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Gosh, I am getting an early shipment when I thought it would be backordered until Jan 8th. I am still out of town at the moment. What do I do? This is the first time I have miscalculated where to be for the delivery. Any experience and advice?
Old Dec 30, 2009, 10:15 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ChaseTheMiles
Gosh, I am getting an early shipment when I thought it would be backordered until Jan 8th. I am still out of town at the moment. What do I do? This is the first time I have miscalculated where to be for the delivery. Any experience and advice?
When will you be back?

With the holidays it may help. Assuming the first delivery attempt will be tomorrow, the third delivery attempt will be on 1/5/2010 (because Friday will be 1/1 and there should not be any delivery). Then UPS will normally hold the package at the UPS center for 5 days, which means you should still be able to pick it up on 1/11/2010.

I will call UPS and make sure the part that they will keep it for 5 days. Hopefully you will be back by then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.