Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2009, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aviators99
Does this mean NA coins are available again? This is great news.
Looks that way. And is the ONLY $1 available for direct ship now. All the prez are gone.

See link:

http://catalog.usmint.gov/webapp/wcs...category=16238
Old Dec 11, 2009, 3:15 pm

Location: IAD, and sometimes OMNI/PR. Currently: not far from IAD, but home will always be SAN (not far from the "touch my junk and I'll have you arrested" Memorial TSA Check Point) even if I'm not there so much these days.
Programs: UA, CO, Calcifer Award for Mad Haiku Skillz
Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
All you need to know is that Presidents continue to be liberated.

Suggest all leave off any specifics on shipments that work as intended, but give details on anything that fails to work as intended.
I'm liking AlohaDave's style and his suggestions. Welcome to FT.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 3:17 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
They also took out the "no credit card rewards" verbage.

I wouldn't necessarily trust the person who e-mailed the frugaltravelguy blog regarding an 18,000 SPG Amex order not posting any points. It could be "he who must not be named" (if you know what I mean )
Old Dec 11, 2009, 3:20 pm

Location: IAD, and sometimes OMNI/PR. Currently: not far from IAD, but home will always be SAN (not far from the "touch my junk and I'll have you arrested" Memorial TSA Check Point) even if I'm not there so much these days.
Programs: UA, CO, Calcifer Award for Mad Haiku Skillz
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
The dollar coin deal has made www.instapundit.com , probably the leading center-right blog in the world:

"Airmile hackers"
My guess is that this nomenclature would really tick off actual hackers.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 3:41 pm
bdd

I had put in a few other presidents into my shopping cart yesterday, and they were still available for purchase today. I decided to go ahead and purchase 1 box of each (4 types = 1k) and will try to use them as requested for the program (ie: spending them, oh so slowly--cute xmas gifts for the kids!). Hopefully I'll get spg points too

**we'll see if I get the president coins, since:
Order Acceptance Terms
Orders are not valid until accepted by the United States Mint.
You may cancel your order at any time prior to United States Mint processing.
The United States Mint reserves the right to limit quantities and may discontinue accepting orders at any time.
The United States Mint reserves the right to accept or reject coin orders in any combination or option(s) it determines to be in its best interest.
In the event a particular coin option is sold out, the United States Mint reserves the right to either process partial orders and make refunds, or return orders in their entirety.

UPDATE: Wasn't able to purchase the entire order b/c the president coins aren't available.

Total . . : 250.00

1. GEORGE WASHINGTON $250 BOX $1 COINS (Y06)
Qty 1 @ $250.00 - Product not available.

2. ANDREW JACKSON $250 BOX $1 COINS (Y07)

3. THOMAS JEFFERSON $250 BOX $1 COINS (Y03)

4. NATIVE AMERICAN $250 BOX $1 COIN (N01)
Qty 1 @ $250.00 - In stock.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by youreadyfreddie
I'm liking AlohaDave's style and his suggestions. Welcome to FT.
^
Old Dec 11, 2009, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by Hertz4me
Through December 31, 2009 there is a 20-box household limit on Native American $1 Coins.
Translation: The Wall. St. Journal story has created ridiculous demand for coins.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 4:07 pm

Great indeed!! Wonder how long they'll last? And is it worth it to try multiple CC's with the new wording. Hmmm.....
Old Dec 11, 2009, 4:08 pm

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PatMike
They also took out the "no credit card rewards" verbage.

I wouldn't necessarily trust the person who e-mailed the frugaltravelguy blog regarding an 18,000 SPG Amex order not posting any points. It could be "he who must not be named" (if you know what I mean )
$18,000 was an awful big number for anybody to be doing last month too. No NAs, Presidents were on hold forever, when exactly was it these things were supposed to have been bought?
Old Dec 11, 2009, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by Carl Johnson
$18,000 was an awful big number for anybody to be doing last month too. No NAs, Presidents were on hold forever, when exactly was it these things were supposed to have been bought?
+1 I think frugal should dig a little deeper into this.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 4:27 pm

+2
Old Dec 11, 2009, 4:45 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Many people were placing multiple orders. How else do you think people were getting $200K per month in coins.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 4:46 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Only great if you still get the points / miles.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 6:15 pm
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
Here is What I know

Originally Posted by leisure32
+1 I think frugal should dig a little deeper into this.
The person that passed this to me is a regular reader and indicated he just received his statement this morning. So I'm guessing it closed yesterday and posted.

The information will be substantiated as soon as somebody else posts the same results that their statement has closed and points posted or did not.

My SPG statement closes again on January 7th. I'm sure somebody in this monster thread can confirm long before that.

We have over 6000+ posts here. Somebody's statement must have just closed?????
Old Dec 11, 2009, 6:25 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Originally Posted by bdd
I had put in a few other presidents into my shopping cart yesterday, and they were still available for purchase today. I decided to go ahead and purchase 1 box of each (4 types = 1k) and will try to use them as requested for the program (ie: spending them, oh so slowly--cute xmas gifts for the kids!). Hopefully I'll get spg points too

**we'll see if I get the president coins, since:
Order Acceptance Terms
Orders are not valid until accepted by the United States Mint.
You may cancel your order at any time prior to United States Mint processing.
The United States Mint reserves the right to limit quantities and may discontinue accepting orders at any time.
The United States Mint reserves the right to accept or reject coin orders in any combination or option(s) it determines to be in its best interest.
In the event a particular coin option is sold out, the United States Mint reserves the right to either process partial orders and make refunds, or return orders in their entirety.

UPDATE: Wasn't able to purchase the entire order b/c the president coins aren't available.

Total . . : 250.00

1. GEORGE WASHINGTON $250 BOX $1 COINS (Y06)

2. ANDREW JACKSON $250 BOX $1 COINS (Y07)

3. THOMAS JEFFERSON $250 BOX $1 COINS (Y03)

4. NATIVE AMERICAN $250 BOX $1 COIN (N01)
Qty 1 @ $250.00 - In stock.
Those warnings are boilerplate that shows up for every order. Not to worry.

However, since you have only one order for NA at $250, your order will be sent Smart Post which means it's FedExed to your local Post Office and your mailman will drop it on your porch or in your mailbox, no signature required. If it doesn't make it into your hands, oh well.

I strongly suggest you cancel that order and re-order for 2 boxes of NA's which will then be over the $300 limit and will be sent UPS signature required.

JMHO

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.