Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2009, 12:12 pm

I called BofA/FIA, Chase, Penfed, US Bank, Citi, National City (PNC), USAA, Elan, UMB, Discover, and Amex. I don't remember which said which. My secretary helped make the calls this morning.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PatMike
The collective FlyerTalk I.Q. has decreased from this article!
Yeah - this thread is really taking a turn for the worse between the "new" posters and the repetitive questions.

How about some info? I've got some activity on my orders, but nothing first. Authorizations, but not charges.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 12:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by mrjojojojo
I called BofA/FIA, Chase, Penfed, US Bank, Citi, National City (PNC), USAA, Elan, UMB, Discover, and Amex. I don't remember which said which. My secretary helped make the calls this morning.
Well, I must say that I'm impressed that you have cards from 11 different issuers. With all of the recent consolidation, I was having a hard time coming up with 6 on my own.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, Sutherlands Lumber
The fat lady is singing
Old Dec 8, 2009, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
I'm surprised that you didn't cover that when you were writing the letters to your congressmen!

Oh, by the way, did you ever get the points for the 20,000 that was "lost"?
Old Dec 8, 2009, 12:37 pm

I'm surprised that you didn't cover that when you were writing the letters to your congressmen!

Huh?
Thought I was helping. My mistake. Bye.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York

(Mike requests a tissue to wipe the snortle off his computer.)

Mike
Old Dec 8, 2009, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Hello,
New user here. Saw the story on the WSJ. I called every one of my credit card issuers (all 11 of them) and asked them...
Thought I was helping. My mistake.
It would be helping if you reported using a point/mile earning card but getting no point/miles. Did that happen to you this December yet?

The collective FT wisdom follows:

1. Don't take CSRs' words for it. The agents/supervisors aren't always consistent nor correct.

2. Don't call cc companies or airlines to verify if any "good deal" is true. Just read the posts carefully and follow the footsteps of those who are successful conducting the deal. If you are in doubt, then just pass. Those deals are not for you.

By calling, you either get incorrect info or ruin the deal for others.

Last but not least, not until are there enough posts confirming zero point/mile earned in the most recent cc statement (such as what happened in the TCs using Amex CCs thread), no one can pronounce death of this coin deal.

BTW, welcome to FT. I am sure you'll learn more if you just read as many threads as possible on FT. That is more informative and educational than any CSR's words.

Last edited by lin821; Dec 8, 2009 at 1:00 pm
Old Dec 8, 2009, 1:12 pm

Darn WSJ. Too many newbs will be spoiling the party now. Not that there was much left anyway. Most of the banks had gotten pretty sour already.

Happy Holidays everyone from the old days. OK, and the newbs too.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 1:20 pm

Let's welcome our new members with open arms! We were new once, too. I guarantee that there is a new member reading this thread today who will teach you something new one day.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aviators99
Let's welcome our new members with open arms! We were new once, too. I guarantee that there is a new member reading this thread today who will teach you something new one day.
+1, not to mention that we are seeing some FWers transplanting over here. In other words, they might look to be newbs to the game but they probably aren't.

Guarantee #2: Even if this one is gone for good, don't forget that we're dealing with the government here. There will be another one that is just as good. I promise.

Mike
Old Dec 8, 2009, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Originally Posted by jillmasterson
Omg!! Coolest thing ever! THE Mr. Pickles responded to my post!!!! I'm so excited!
For a real super thrill, you can click on his name and send him a Private Message. He will send you a Private Message back !
Old Dec 8, 2009, 1:46 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

The collective FlyerTalk I.Q. has decreased from this article!
Sorry for not being around more

In any event, I'm nearly done. I've had 3 orders recently cancel, so I'll be done for now... at least until I'm back from vacation in the new year. I don't have 11 different card issuers, but I'll definitely try all of them that I can and see how my orders post. The worst that happens is that I'll have a few boxes to drop off at banks and won't get anything for it. big deal
Old Dec 8, 2009, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by mikeef
+1, not to mention that we are seeing some FWers transplanting over here. In other words, they might look to be newbs to the game but they probably aren't.

Guarantee #2: Even if this one is gone for good, don't forget that we're dealing with the government here. There will be another one that is just as good. I promise.

Mike
^ ^ ^
It seems some feel there is a correlation between numbers of posts and ones knowledge on the subject. BIG MISTAKE!!!
Old Dec 8, 2009, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jillmasterson
Omg!! Coolest thing ever! THE Mr. Pickles responded to my post!!!! I'm so excited!
Um, Mr.P, if you don't have a girlfriend/wife, I'd take advantage of your celebrity FAST and hunt down Jill. Your 15 minutes of fame will only last until another one of Tiger's girlfriends comes out.

And if Mr.P is actually a woman, please hunt down Jill and then feel free to tell us all about it. Details and photos are fine.

Er, I mean, tell us about how you helped her choose a credit card. Yeah, that.

Mike

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.