Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2009, 10:54 pm
RLW

Smile

Originally Posted by deant
Don't think anyone on this board knows. They could get the coins from the Mint or through their normal banking channels - or both. Also, look at my original post where I said: Also, the Disney coins may, possibly, be coming from the Fed banks who have all the coins that FTs have deposited in regular banks.
i'm pretty sure disney is only distributing the 2009 native american coins

See http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...-disney-world/

and in order for that to happen, they would have to be pristine coins from the u.s. mint and not just any old mixed bag of presidential coins and native american coins that have been dirtied up by coin counters and handlers.

because when the banks ship the dollar coins back to the fed, they are not required to separate sacageweas from jacksons, washingtons, and monroes.

those disney customers will only be getting the woman that plants the trees
Old Nov 12, 2009, 10:59 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Had not noticed that Disney specified the NA coins.
Old Nov 12, 2009, 11:01 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, Sutherlands Lumber
This has been an wonderful run! Thanks everyone for the great info here!
Old Nov 12, 2009, 11:03 pm

Programs: UAL 1MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA 3MM
Originally Posted by ejs621
Just returned from 1 week in Moorea and 1 week in Bora Bora courtesy of the US Mint. I wish to thank all of the PRODUCTIVE FT'ers that have shared their knowledge that helped me in securing this life long dream trip and enough miles and points to be going to the Maldives in February.

Cheers!
You are welcome.
Old Nov 12, 2009, 11:23 pm

New way to order coins.

Thank you drumdrum, you are keeping others from obtaining my status, LOL.

Last edited by mrpickles; Nov 12, 2009 at 11:45 pm Reason: To give thanks and praise to drumdrum
Old Nov 12, 2009, 11:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mrpickles
Open a Citibank checking account with at $50K AAdvantage credit card.

Get the regular mastercard on the checking account no points ATM card.

Purchase gift certificates and order coins with the ATM card.

No point earned on purchase of coins.

Miles given by Citibank as a purchase for opening the account.

But whats the point? You get the same miles as if you did not buy the coins.

Thank you drumdrum, you are keeping others from obtaining my status, LOL. .
Thanks for posting the pics, it made things easy. LOL
Old Nov 12, 2009, 11:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by RLW
o it's the little drumdrum that could

did you always want to be the heroine? trying to save us all from ordering heavy back-breaking boxes of golden-colored coins?

dear drumdrum the people that "abused the program" already got their big rewards and now they'll have plenty of time to do other thangs like playing coin toss, gold digging, and taking free flights with their accumulated reward points.

and we all know your original goal wasn't to "make changes happen" but to recover your lost $20k shipment of coins.

then that somehow transformed into a vendetta against everyone else that was ordering the coins and against the coin supplier us mint.

you seem pretty bitter about losing those $20k coins and are now on a rampage for revenge

i suppose your significant loss of coins is still under investigation and while that case slowly moves along, you are agonizing and hurt and in order to release your pent up emotions, you desire to inflict punishment on those that recommended the coin deal to you.

calling and writing to your congresswoman and the us mint, you anxiously await the little bird that brings you new from afar. Inside your head, the question continuously rings, Where are my 20k coins? Why me? Why me? I want my coins back now!

Maybe you needed the 20k to pay your bills or maybe you're very rich and the $20k was just pocket change.

But in either case you still want those coins!

Your eyes are seething red with anger as you vow, "If I can't have those coins, then no one can! HA HA HA HA HA HA!"

But in the end, have you really accomplished anything? Well, who knows?
This is is a ridiculously transparent rant.
I posted what the outcome of my one and only order was a long time ago. Ordered->didn't receive->filed claim->got refund.
Old Nov 12, 2009, 11:48 pm

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
Thank you drumdrum, you are keeping others from obtaining my status, LOL.
im digging the new location status & the new signature mrpickles.
Old Nov 12, 2009, 11:48 pm

Programs: AA Advantage Platinum, United 1K, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by drumdrum
This is is a ridiculously transparent rant.
I posted what the outcome of my one and only order was a long time ago. Ordered->didn't receive->filed claim->got refund.
Exactly, as all of your posts have been!!!!
Old Nov 13, 2009, 12:02 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ejs621
Exactly, as all of your posts have been!!!!
You mean posts like this one:
Looks like the changes are happening. My Congressional rep sent me this:

On any of the product detail pages from the $1 coin direct ship program ...

The purchase of $1 coins under the Circulating $1 Coin Direct Ship Program is a cash equivalent or cash-like transaction. Ordinarily, such purchases are not eligible for credit card rewards, cash-back, cash rebate, and similar programs. Check with your card issuer for its terms and conditions.

That statement wasn't there yesterday.
Here's a link to the GW product detail page for quick reference:

http://catalog.usmint.gov/webapp/wcs...egory_rn=27238
Old Nov 13, 2009, 12:07 am
Suspended

The purchase of $1 coins under the Circulating $1 Coin Direct Ship Program is a cash equivalent or cash-like transaction. ......such purchases are not eligible for credit card rewards, cash-back, cash rebate, and similar programs.

Forwarded to: Citi, Chase, BofA/FIA, US Bank Elan, Barclays, Amex, National City, etc., just in case they haven't got the memo yet.
Old Nov 13, 2009, 12:16 am

Programs: AA Advantage Platinum, United 1K, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
Just in case you haven't got the memo yourself.............It's already too late for many of us. I'll be relaxing on a beach thinking of that!

Cheers!
Old Nov 13, 2009, 12:18 am

Forwarded to: Citi, Chase, BofA/FIA, US Bank Elan, Barclays, Amex, National City, etc., just in case they haven't got the memo yet.
Don't forget Wells Fargo, Wachovia, and Schwabb. Oh, might as well let the airlines know also.

Ordinarily, such purchases are not eligible for credit card rewards, cash-back, cash rebate, and similar programs.
EXCEPTION: when purchasing collectable coins from the US Mint website.

Brian, you are putting more time into this than I did getting the coins. I have more to show for my efforts. I think you need a vacation. Like a $20k cruise. With your girlfriends.

Last edited by mrpickles; Nov 13, 2009 at 12:56 am
Old Nov 13, 2009, 12:20 am

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
The purchase of $1 coins under the Circulating $1 Coin Direct Ship Program is a cash equivalent or cash-like transaction. ......such purchases are not eligible for credit card rewards, cash-back, cash rebate, and similar programs.

darn, I was just about to do the same, too. looks like you've won
Old Nov 13, 2009, 12:22 am

Don't forget Wells Fargo, Wachovia, and Schwabb. Oh, might as well let the airlines know also.

You are putting more time into this than I did getting the coins. I have more to show for my efforts. I think you need a vacation. Like a $20k cruise. With your girlfriends.
LOL........I wonder if he has anything that is productive or within the spirit of FT to offer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.