Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2009, 6:32 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mrpickles
Wow! You can take them straight to the bank? Who would have known.
One of the tellers at a branch I recently went into the first time was amazed of what this is. She told me she would order the coins and have them shipped to the branch directly. I just went in this morning again to deposit some coins and asked her about the coin-ordering. She said she had one order received since the last time I went in. This may qualify as "straight to the bank".

Originally Posted by ecq
just went today to buy native americans but found out like everyone else that it's not there anymore. i can't buy the presidents since i maxed the limit.
It has been "sold out" a few weeks ago. Time to take a small break - especially since my two-week vacation is coming up in end of November. Also time to turn in some checking account applications for some miles.

Last edited by buschoi; Nov 7, 2009 at 6:43 pm
Old Nov 7, 2009, 7:04 pm

I received a phone call from the branch manager of one of my local TD Banks today... she wanted to know if I had more coins as they had a new business customer that operated vending machines and they needed them. I quickly drove down with $4000.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 9:30 pm
Suspended

My Congressman is up in arms about the round trip the coins are making, the pollution and government waste is what he is emphasizing. His recent email to me is reassuring that he is taking the appropriate steps to bring this to the attention of those able to make the necessary changes. (paraphrasing)
Old Nov 7, 2009, 9:42 pm

Programs: UAL 1MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA 3MM
Originally Posted by drumdrum
My Congressman is up in arms about the round trip the coins are making, the pollution and government waste is what he is emphasizing. His recent email to me is reassuring that he is taking the appropriate steps to bring this to the attention of those able to make the necessary changes. (paraphrasing)
My Senator can whip your congressman's butt.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 10:00 pm

Let's see the e-mail, please.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 10:06 pm

Programs: AA Advantage Platinum, United 1K, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
Good for your congressman! To be up in arms about coins. I would think you would be MORALLY appalled that he is spending time with this issue when there are so many morally more important issues to deal with. Health Insurance, Unemployment, Financial Crisis, Afghanistan, Iraq, Out of control spending, etc..etc.. But the again, some peoples morals are definitely self-serving!

Cheers!!!!
Old Nov 7, 2009, 10:16 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Play nice children. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No one needs to "prove" anything here.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 11:51 pm

Whatever pollution and waste there is, it's well worth it. This has turned into a huge profit center for the government, and they need it now.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 12:13 am

Programs: AA PLT,VS Silver,SPG gold, Hilton, AMEX Plat, BA nothing.
[/QUOTE=Originally Posted by drumdrum]Yes, I was told that until the Mint get's a handle on the abuse that the program would be suspended. Several new guidelines are being set into place to thwart arbitrage efforts. So my congressman says.
My complaints were well received and I prompt anyone else who has moral qualms about this US Mint scam to voice their concerns to their congressional reps.[/QUOTE]

Translation: We gotta get in on this!

You have given me a great idea. I am going to make my political contributions using coins and tell my Congressman that I would never have been able to make this generous contribution without the support of the US Mint Direct Ship Dollar Coins.

Last edited by RedSox; Nov 8, 2009 at 12:25 am
Old Nov 8, 2009, 2:16 am
Suspended

My Congressman said his inquiry has prompted the halt of unlimited purchases from the Mint through the direct ship program. They will resume once new guidelines are in place that hinder purchases that are solely for arbitrage purposes.
He has asked me for data points concerning the shipping methods the US Mint uses so any waste originating from this could be addressed with the program manager. I sent him a link to this thread and lot's of pics.
He was especially distraught over the numerous UPS shipments Pickles received that were immediately shipped back. I pointed out to him that she was just one of thousands taking advantage of this program to that extent.
To those that have documented their arbitrage with pictures, my Congressman said thanks (and under his breath he said "that was stupid of them").
Old Nov 8, 2009, 2:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I sent him a link to this thread and lot's of pics.
What were his thoughts regarding your stolen $20,000?
Old Nov 8, 2009, 2:36 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by moondog
What were his thoughts regarding your stolen $20,000?
I didn't ask him what he thought about it. I did get my money back quickly once he got involved.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 2:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by aviators99
Whatever pollution and waste there is, it's well worth it.
I'll be the judge of that.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
I've just deleted or edited (5) posts from the past day or so. Suspensions come next. Be civil -- generous of spirit even -- in your replies or you may lose your Flyertalk posting privileges.

Gary
aka gleff
MilesBuzz moderator
Old Nov 8, 2009, 6:48 am

Programs: DL Gold, HH Gold, Priority Club Plat.
Its a shame there is a glass ceiling in America for women. Take for example when someone makes up a story using fake characters, that depending on the job of the character, will often dictate that character's sex. Think about all the recent stories you have heard, wouldn't they be more believeable if the main character in a role dominated by men was a woman. For example: judges, doctors, or members of congress.

Also, the made up character would also gather more empathy if they had a fatal flaw that made them more approachable.

Try this one out for maximum effect: The congress woman, spent her days splitting time between working on the mint crisis and receiving therapy because she really thought she was a pirate.,,,

Now there is someone I can root for.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.