Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Old Nov 7, 09, 11:44 am

Programs: AA Advantage Platinum, United 1K, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by 236Dakota View Post
^^^^^^^
There are times I can not believe the pomposity of people!!!!!!
Especially, when you have followed the WHOLE story!!

Cheers!
Old Nov 7, 09, 1:38 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, Sutherlands Lumber
Conspiring to defraud the US Mint is a felony. YMMV
Old Nov 7, 09, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, Sutherlands Lumber
Originally Posted by drumdrum View Post
Has anyone had success in getting a large amount of missing coins replaced by the mint? UPS dropped off about 20K worth at the gate at the base of my driveway even though the gate is open. It was supposed to be a sig required delivery but they didn't even attempt to come to my house. When I look at the UPS tracking link it says delivered and it was signed by me. This is impossible. The coins are no where to be seen. I have read that it is futile to initiate a charge back on my CC and that you have to take it up directly with the Mint then they will file a claim with UPS. For anybody that has had to deal with this, was a police report necessary and what was the end result?
Because there was one empty box left next to the tupperware tub that sits next to the gate which is where UPS typically leaves my packages. The shipment was supposed to be 8 packages. I got one empty box.
This is the first Mint shipment I have ordered. I received an automated call today from UPS stating that I would receive the delivery today and a signature would be required. I leave the house and find one empty box from the Mint by my gate. I have no neighbors. UPS normally leaves everything by my gate but I can't remember when I have had anything come that required a signature. It bothers me that when I look at the tracking details and it states it was delivered to my residence and was signed by me. I will have to follow up on Monday. I never signed anything stating my sig wouldn't be required.
According to the Mint, these were supposed to be shipped via FEDEX, not UPS. Why would I remove the tub next to the gate when a sig is required for delivery? Since I never signed for the shipment, if they were stolen, they were stolen from UPS, not me. Hence my question about the police report. I think UPS should be the one filing a report at this point.
The "crap like this" as you refer to it has nothing to do with me, or my tub next to the gate. It's about the UPS driver not driving up to the house and getting a sig from me like he was supposed to.
I have followed up with the Mint, UPS, and filed a police report. I have also emailed every minor and major news source I could find an email address for with my experience. I have linked this thread and the one on fatwallet. I will add a Wikipedia entry as well. This program should die. It is just a money making scam for the greedy and I don't know what I was thinking when I participated in it. The greedy self serving responses here has prompted me to pursue it's demise.

#6 DRUMDRUM kills the Dollar Coin scam
I know how many packages there was coming because it says so on the UPS tracking link. It lists a tracking number for each package. I know the empty box left at the gate was from the mint because it had a tracking number on it. The UPS and FEDEX has come to my house before, there is not an access problem. The tracking link lists my name as the person who signed for the boxex. I have no neighbors. There is no other person here that could have signed for it even if they happened to be standing at the gate when UPS showed up. I have typed up an outline of this program and the ways it is being abused and forwarded it to over 70 different news sources. If it gets picked up by just one I will be happy.
HAHA
Just the beginning..........
Seems like a lot of people are calling this a scam. I can't wait until they start posting all the pics some members have published here in the future articles. Whoops.

http://www.mainstreet.com/article/sm...am-scam?page=2
Yes, the major players are taking their time writing their articles for accuracy sake while the smaller players are just trying to get it out first. The FEDERAL RESERVE is reviewing this thread now and told me they would follow up once they had a chance to consult with a US MINT representative.
Yes, I was told that until the Mint get's a handle on the abuse that the program would be suspended. Several new guidelines are being set into place to thwart arbitrage efforts. So my congressman says.
My complaints were well received and I prompt anyone else who has moral qualms about this US Mint scam to voice their concerns to their congressional reps.

Last edited by pierre mclopez; Nov 7, 09 at 2:29 pm
Old Nov 7, 09, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ejs621 View Post
There are times I can not believe the pomposity of people!!!!!!
Especially, when you have followed the WHOLE story!!

Cheers!
+1.

Originally Posted by pierre mclopez View Post
Conspiring to defraud the US Mint is a felony. YMMV
Big Thanks to pierre mclopez for his time / effort to piece out the WHOLE story in post 6198 from the beginning before it can be edited out by the poster, and people who do not know the previous posts have a chance to read such, and have a sense of what ejs621 said about "the pomposity of people!!!!"
Old Nov 7, 09, 4:12 pm

Location: DL MM & FC, Hertz Plat, Avis Pres Club, Nat'l Exec Elite, Hilton Diamond
The End?

I just went to the US Mint site to place another order and the NA coins are no longer listed on the active page for direct ship coins. I then went to the No Longer Available list in the Product Availablility section and the Direct Ship NAs are listed as "sold out". Hope this is temporary.
Old Nov 7, 09, 4:34 pm

Programs: UAL 1MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA 3MM
Originally Posted by SteveHOU View Post
I just went to the US Mint site to place another order and the NA coins are no longer listed on the active page for direct ship coins. I then went to the No Longer Available list in the Product Availablility section and the Direct Ship NAs are listed as "sold out". Hope this is temporary.
Think about it. The 2009 year is almost over and Disney placed a HUGE order for thier Disney World promotional gimick, probably wiped out the inventory. The mint is probably concentrating on 2010 production and they can not release them before Jan 1, 2010.

Re drumdrum:

The mints representative summed it up in the previous thread:

"We don't really ask about why you're buying a coin from us," she explained. "People are free to do with their coins what they wish."

There is no scam, and there is no fraud. End of story.

Problem here is that there is NOTHING wrong with what we are doing other than trailer trash getting jealous.

The jeolous ones are the ones with no credit and those wihout the vision to see value in miles or points.

The coin collector's will move on to the Chase BA promotion right now and position themselves with elevated credit lines until the NA coin come back. Which they will. And then another offer will come along.

THIS IS MY PERSONAL BAIL OUT PROGRAM so leave it alone! I have health ins, a job, retirement, ira's, roth's etc.

I did not lie to get a mortgage that I could not afford. Don't qualify for unemployment, food stamps, or welfare, so this is what I get for doing everything right for the last 20 years.

Last edited by gleff; Nov 8, 09 at 6:29 am Reason: removed personal attack
Old Nov 7, 09, 4:43 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by mrpickles View Post
... this is what I get for doing everything right for the last 20 years.
Mr. P, it is not enough!

But, it might be all the reward you are going to get--except for moral reward. @:-)
Old Nov 7, 09, 5:07 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
THIS IS MY PERSONAL BAIL OUT PROGRAM so leave it alone! I have health ins, a job, retirement, ira's, roth's etc.

I did not lie to get a mortgage that I could not afford. Don't qualify for unemployment, food stamps, or welfare, so this is what I get for doing everything right for the last 20 years.
+1
Old Nov 7, 09, 5:31 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond (x2), IHG Platinum

+2
Old Nov 7, 09, 6:47 pm
ecq

on another forum someone received a letter or email and the mint found out people were bringing it straight to the bank. who knows what'll happen when new coins come in 2010.

i've started using the coins. just went today to buy native americans but found out like everyone else that it's not there anymore. i can't buy the presidents since i maxed the limit.
Old Nov 7, 09, 7:02 pm

Programs: AA Advantage Platinum, United 1K, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
Well said! Mr Pickles!

Nothing immoral or illegal going on here.

If so, mileage runs, mattress runs, travelers checks and to go back even farther savings bonds must be immoral. Especially coming from someone that has all of a sudden gained moral terpitude after ordering $20,000 of coins himself.

Cheers!
Old Nov 7, 09, 7:12 pm

Programs: UAL 1MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA 3MM
Originally Posted by ecq View Post
on another forum someone received a letter or email and the mint found out people were bringing it straight to the bank. who knows what'll happen when new coins come in 2010.

i've started using the coins. just went today to buy native americans but found out like everyone else that it's not there anymore. i can't buy the presidents since i maxed the limit.
Wow! You can take them straight to the bank? Who would have known.
Old Nov 7, 09, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

^

Except you forget to add - we who have done it right also have to shoulder the liabilities in the form of our tax dollars to bail out those who have messed up. Thus makes it even more compelling to find our own personal bail out program!

Originally Posted by ejs621 View Post
Well said! Mr Pickles!

Nothing immoral or illegal going on here.

If so, mileage runs, mattress runs, travelers checks and to go back even farther savings bonds must be immoral. Especially coming from someone that has all of a sudden gained moral terpitude after ordering $20,000 of coins himself.

Cheers!
And then the guy claimed his $20,000 coins were stolen. So far he hasn't ever said a word about what the Mint says about this alleged "theft"...
Old Nov 7, 09, 7:14 pm

Programs: HH Dia, Hyatt Plat

+3
Old Nov 7, 09, 7:23 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 75K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium
The coin collector's will move on to the Chase BA promotion right now and position themselves with elevated credit lines until the NA coin come back. Which they will. And then another offer will come along.
The BA promo is very tempting... I agree. I do not quite want to do another hard-pull though as I may need a mortgage soon. Still undecided... For others, it is a no brainer.

LOL.... I am too young to claim 20 years of tax-paying, etc., but I will add my parents and grandparents to it.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: