Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2009, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Wirelessly posted (goingaway's phone: BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Originally Posted by cayenne92
Originally Posted by Carl Johnson
BOA now has ATMs where they want you to put cash in there and it will supposedly read it and give you the right credit
It would be so much easier to design a machine that recognizes coins instead of bills. That technology has been around for years. Oh yeah, they do have them.... too bad they cannot integrate with an ATM.
Actually for my CU, you enter your account number and after depositing the coins, it is applied to your account ^
Old Nov 6, 2009, 8:17 pm

Location: IAD, and sometimes OMNI/PR. Currently: not far from IAD, but home will always be SAN (not far from the "touch my junk and I'll have you arrested" Memorial TSA Check Point) even if I'm not there so much these days.
Programs: UA, CO, Calcifer Award for Mad Haiku Skillz
Originally Posted by LLM
OK, I am back from traveling with CM (coin miles) and CP (coin points). I did not receive the letter (yet) (NL). I am wondering if this is triggered by order size? I have never done the 99 boxes; I did multiple orders of 20 mostly; much easier for me to keep track of.

*no letter
Old Nov 6, 2009, 9:08 pm

Programs: UA GS, 1MM, SPG Platinum
Things are really slowing down now...ordering $500 or $1000 per order. ugh. I just want to get to the SPG threshold for gold next year!

Old Nov 6, 2009, 10:58 pm
Suspended

Yes, I was told that until the Mint get's a handle on the abuse that the program would be suspended. Several new guidelines are being set into place to thwart arbitrage efforts. So my congressman says.
My complaints were well received and I prompt anyone else who has moral qualms about this US Mint scam to voice their concerns to their congressional reps.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by drumdrum
Yes, I was told that until the Mint get's a handle on the abuse that the program would be suspended. Several new guidelines are being set into place to thwart arbitrage efforts. So my congressman says.
My complaints were well received and I prompt anyone else who has moral qualms about this US Mint scam to voice their concerns to their congressional reps.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 12:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

What's the latest with the stolen 20k?
Old Nov 7, 2009, 12:09 am
Suspended

i called my congresswoman to express my concerns as well. especially for the lost $20k. it's just an outrage and i cannot believe that nanci and obama allowed that to happen, all through the US mint. anyway, my congresswoman said not to worry, she was on top of it completely. in fact she said they'd be in session all weekend and she'd make sure nancy addressed it before the health care bill. i told her i was so impressed that she cared so much about me and you and the "stolen" 20k, and that i would be sure to vote for her next year no matter what, as long as i could remember her name (it is a year away and all).
Old Nov 7, 2009, 3:31 am
In memoriam

Obama should be immediately impeached for this mint fiasco. @:-)

Unless I get 20K Starpoints immediately. @:-)

Back on topic (sorry for the pseudo-political digression), just got an email a couple of hours ago from mint that the 1K in prexy coins I ordered a week or so ago have shipped. Over the top on another bonus card! ^
Old Nov 7, 2009, 5:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Second question/request:

How's that media campaign coming along? I'm sure many here (self included) would love to check out some of the articles generated.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 7:12 am
xp0

Sorry if its already been said ... but so can we just keep ordering 2 box orders over and over? (500$ limit)

Or are we limited to only 2 boxes to the same address forever?

-Thanks
Old Nov 7, 2009, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by jdivenere
Things are really slowing down now...ordering $500 or $1000 per order. ugh. I just want to get to the SPG threshold for gold next year!
You could just buy stuff
Old Nov 7, 2009, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by Carl Johnson
A friend of mine went into some Japanese restaurant and paid with 8 of them and they were all "Oh, wow, where'd you get these, look at these, do you have any more?" I told her next time she goes back in there ask them, how many do you want. People like those things, they're novel and interesting, and once you get used to using them, they are better than $1 bills for spending. The argument that "Oh, I don't want to hand over a $20 and get back 19 $1 coins, well that doesn't happen with $1 bills, why would it happen with $1 coins. The most $1 coins you ever need to carry is 4 (2 if we can get the Bureau of Engraving and Printing to do an Uncut $2 Sheet Direct Ship Program).
Second that. Went to my grad school reunion last night and was tipping the bartenders with these. They all loved them and went out of their way to make sure our drinks were always filled.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by leisure32
Second that. Went to my grad school reunion last night and was tipping the bartenders with these. They all loved them and went out of their way to make sure our drinks were always filled.
I think the shuttle driver I gave one too thinks it was fake He clearly had no idea what it was
Old Nov 7, 2009, 8:58 am

Programs: AA Advantage Platinum, United 1K, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
Did the moral qualms come before or after you ordered $20K worth of coins yourself?

Cheers!
Old Nov 7, 2009, 10:09 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ejs621
Did the moral qualms come before or after you ordered $20K worth of coins yourself?

Cheers!
^^^^^^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.