Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2009, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by mrpickles
AAdvantage 2 Million Miles Lifetime Platinum!

Would not have done it without the coins. Thank you FlyerTalk.

You and me both!!
Old Nov 5, 2009, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by chris k
I still see people talking about 20 box and 99 box orders. Maybe I am missing something but I thought the only ones available now were the presidents, which have a 2 box limit for eac of the 5 available?
Those peole are receiving orders that were in the pipeline before the NA's disappeared.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by swintec
The presidential coins are to be minted through 2016(?) I believe....Why kill and cook our golden goose so early on in the program?

Surely you can realize that $100,000 per month for only a few more months (assuming the mint catches on to heavy abuse) and the program gets canned....versus say $30,000 per month for the next 6 years is a much better return on points/whatever you may be accruing, right?
Stop whining about it. There are no guarantees. I'll take 100k now vs 1/3 of that later.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 5:23 pm

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
Originally Posted by Ken in Phx
Stop whining about it. There are no guarantees. I'll take 100k now vs 1/3 of that later.
Ahhhh, the familiar sour stench of FT greed. For those of you who would prefer moderation, as you can see, you're on the wrong boards. Moderation is obviously a dirty word for many around here.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 5:42 pm

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Congrats -- but shouldn't you add the US Mint to your signature line?
Old Nov 5, 2009, 6:18 pm

Smile

Mr. pickles CONGRATULATIONS
I salute You.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 8:48 pm

I'm sure that there are others who are close to Mr. Pickles.....
Old Nov 6, 2009, 2:50 am

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*

With in-queue FFP account processing, I suspect you're well on your way to 3MM!

Originally Posted by WBurcham
I'm sure that there are others who are close to Mr. Pickles.....
Every time there's one of these, after the program is really over someone comes out of the woodwork to make everyone seem small-time. I suspect when this is over (which might not be for years), someone will post about moving $20mil.

Looks like a Pres order from Tue won't be here until Mon/Tue. Was hoping it would get here on Fri. Has anyone had a Mon-order Fri-delivery happen? What's the record for shortest turn-around (please include your order time-of-day)?
Old Nov 6, 2009, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by brasov02
Ahhhh, the familiar sour stench of FT greed. For those of you who would prefer moderation, as you can see, you're on the wrong boards. Moderation is obviously a dirty word for many around here.
The #1 question on THIS topic... How do you define moderation!
Old Nov 6, 2009, 7:37 am

Programs: EXP AA 5.7MM, Diamond HHonors, a bit of Marriott, a bit of United, a bit of this and that
free shipping???

So, is free shipping still in effect for certain orders with the Mint like a few months ago or is it now $4.95 for any order?
Old Nov 6, 2009, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by AAbuzzard
So, is free shipping still in effect for certain orders with the Mint like a few months ago or is it now $4.95 for any order?
Free shipping is available for the direct shipment coins. NA's and Presidents.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 8:16 am

Programs: UA GS, 1MM, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by chewy3
I don't think the numbers go up by one.
I placed two orders last night and my order number went up by 1 for the second order
Old Nov 6, 2009, 8:27 am

Programs: EXP AA 5.7MM, Diamond HHonors, a bit of Marriott, a bit of United, a bit of this and that
Originally Posted by pkerr
Free shipping is available for the direct shipment coins. NA's and Presidents.
Thank you. Just placed a small order using the direct shipment program.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by brasov02
I see your judgement and morality as the sour stench here. Who are you to tell others what is right for them? I dont see anyone telling you that 5k or 10k or 100k a mo is too much or too little. Why push your agenda on someone else? Its better if you just do what you are comfortable with and let others do the same. Along the way we might share mileage or travel ideas but keep your judgements on what too much to yourself and I'll do the same.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 9:12 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
Originally Posted by DivMiler
We should have buttons saying that we'll accept dollar coins...
There are all kinds of promotional items for the coins available from the mint for the coins including posters, buttons and bookmarks. I gave out the bookmarks at the register all summer to anyone interested since they list all the new coins and the year they will come out. The buttons were pretty large.

JudyJFLA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.