Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Old Nov 4, 2009, 4:37 pm

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
Originally Posted by Carl Johnson
33333332, and a few seconds later, 33333336.

Who got 33333333?
I don't think the numbers go up by one.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 5:19 pm

Programs: NW Silver, CO Silver,SPG Gold, USMint Presidential, Chase/BA 100k, Airtran Wendy's cups
How long is it taking for processing orders for other members? I find it usually takes 5-7 days for my orders to ship.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by thebat
Wow. 33 MILLION orders! This is some program. I kinda wish it would go away. My arms are tired.
You know that the mint sells other things besides $1 coins in the direct ship program, right? You don't think that these order numbers are used exclusively for those buying the $1 direct ship coins, and anything else the mint sells, whether it be proof sets, state quarters, gold buffalo's, collection books and silver eagles use a completely different order system that generates their own series of numbers, do you?
Old Nov 4, 2009, 8:11 pm

Location: IAD, and sometimes OMNI/PR. Currently: not far from IAD, but home will always be SAN (not far from the "touch my junk and I'll have you arrested" Memorial TSA Check Point) even if I'm not there so much these days.
Programs: UA, CO, Calcifer Award for Mad Haiku Skillz
Originally Posted by thehawk75
BTW: You're more likely to bring attention to a loophole by calling the company and 'asking' if you can exploit it. Example:

CSR: Hello, American Express, Tina Speaking, can I help you?

Caller: Hi, can I buy American Express Travelers Cheques at face value, and it will count as a purchase, not a cash advance, and I can then earn my SPG points for this purchase, and then immediately after deposit the cheques into my bank account to later pay off the statement, while I enjoy the float for the next month until the statement is due?

CSR: Uhm? I'm not sure of this, let me ask my Supervisor...

Supervisor to CSR: Why do people keep calling about this Travelers Cheques question? I'm going to have to ask upper management about what this deal is...

On the other hand, just discreetly going about your business and maxing it out will not generate such a conversation. Hell, I milked that Travelers Cheques deal for over a year at $3K per week. I'm glad I didn't take your advice and limit that to about $200 a month or something.
^
Old Nov 5, 2009, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by thebat
Wow. 33 MILLION orders! This is some program. I kinda wish it would go away. My arms are tired.
And that's just Mr. Pickles!

Mike
Old Nov 5, 2009, 8:06 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Delta Platinum Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro
Even longer delays now on most coins (Nov 20). Is there usually an end-of-year slowdown with the mint?
Old Nov 5, 2009, 8:59 am

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Miami305
Even longer delays now on most coins (Nov 20). Is there usually an end-of-year slowdown with the mint?
For the first 6-7 months of the year 1 C.E. there were only presidents and you could only get 2 boxes per address, so backorder issues naturally didn't happen. All this stuff is still pretty new, there's not a lot of historical data, especially stuff relating to what happens at the end of the year. This year is when we're going to establish some sort of understanding of that.

You only think this has all been going on for thousands of years because your mind is so focused on it that you have forgotten a time when your life involved something other than figuring out which credit card gave the best rewards, how much your car would hold, how much your bank would take, and how much you could carry (if you're like me, anyway). But it wasn't that long ago that none of us had ever heard of this deal or dreamed that such a thing could be possible.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 9:11 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
You only think this has all been going on for thousands of years because your mind is so focused on it that you have forgotten a time when your life involved something other than figuring out which credit card gave the best rewards, how much your car would hold, how much your bank would take, and how much you could carry (if you're like me, anyway). But it wasn't that long ago that none of us had ever heard of this deal or dreamed that such a thing could be possible.
BC. Before Coins.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 9:18 am

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PatMike
BC. Before Coins.
B.C.E.= Before Coin Era
C.E. = Coin Era
Old Nov 5, 2009, 9:47 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
B.C.E.= Before Coin Era
C.E. = Coin Era
A.D. After Dollars
Old Nov 5, 2009, 9:55 am
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mint Letter

OK, I am back from traveling with CM (coin miles) and CP (coin points). I did not receive the letter (yet). I am wondering if this is triggered by order size? I have never done the 99 boxes; I did multiple orders of 20 mostly; much easier for me to keep track of.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 12:22 pm

I still see people talking about 20 box and 99 box orders. Maybe I am missing something but I thought the only ones available now were the presidents, which have a 2 box limit for eac of the 5 available?
Old Nov 5, 2009, 2:57 pm

Programs: UAL 1MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA 3MM
I reached my goal

AAdvantage 2 Million Miles Lifetime Platinum!

Would not have done it without the coins. Thank you FlyerTalk.

Old Nov 5, 2009, 2:58 pm

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
Originally Posted by mrpickles
AAdvantage 2 Million Miles Lifetime Platinum!

Would not have done it without the coins. Thank you FlyerTalk.

what percentage of that was from the coins? like all of them?
Old Nov 5, 2009, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by thehawk75
Well, I'm glad there are people like you who don't max out such opportunities, it allows others such as myself to do so

Seriously, there is no reason to 'take the bullet' on these things, because there is absolutely zero way you can control what others who know about a loop hole will do. Best you can do is be discreet and max it out yourself while it lasts.
The presidential coins are to be minted through 2016(?) I believe....Why kill and cook our golden goose so early on in the program?

Surely you can realize that $100,000 per month for only a few more months (assuming the mint catches on to heavy abuse) and the program gets canned....versus say $30,000 per month for the next 6 years is a much better return on points/whatever you may be accruing, right?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.