Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Old Nov 2, 09, 3:27 pm

Programs: DL diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hertz Plat, Avis President
Originally Posted by pkerr View Post
Hmmm... So the ones we buy have NEVER been put in circulation and these are "special" and have never been put in circulation. Yet one is considered uncirculated and the other isn't. Oww. My head is going to explode.
I think the difference is that the ones not intended for circulation have a higher quality 'strike' to them, but maybe someone with more knowledge about coin collecting can chime in on this.
Old Nov 2, 09, 3:57 pm

Programs: UAL 1MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA 3MM
Originally Posted by pkerr View Post
I think there is a "special" letter on it's way for MrPickles..

It starts out... "Dear MrPickles... I has come to our attention that you have been a bad, bad boy...."
I have had dreams of SWAT showing up in the middle of the night, but I will leave the details for another forum......
Old Nov 2, 09, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by chewy3 View Post
I think the difference is that the ones not intended for circulation have a higher quality 'strike' to them, but maybe someone with more knowledge about coin collecting can chime in on this.
The ones that the mint sells for a higher price have a different wrapper. That's the extent of the difference.
Old Nov 2, 09, 4:57 pm

Hi Guys,

Since now the mint is monotoring this program. Can I still get $750 worth of coins for my AA citi card?

I once have placed an order of 750 coins before but I cancelled the order because it took forever.

Thanks,
Old Nov 2, 09, 5:15 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by macboss View Post
Hi Guys,

Since now the mint is monotoring this program. Can I still get $750 worth of coins for my AA citi card?

I once have placed an order of 750 coins before but I cancelled the order because it took forever.

Thanks,
I would advise caution.

An Associated Press article just came out an hour ago regarding the business and residence of a Mr. Peter P. Pickles of San Diego, CA being being stormed by Federal agent and having all records and equipment being seized, due to a very complex scam that was alleged to be defrauding the United States government millions of dollars via the use of the $1 coins and credit cards. The defense attorney for Mr. Pickles claims that these were all legitimate transactions which were in fact encouraged by the US Mint and thus Fraud had not occurred. However, the Attorney Generals office has countered that what Mr. Peter Pickles was doing was not in the spirit of what the mint was suggesting, and as thus he is being held pending felony charges. It is expected that Federal Lawmakers are going to repeal the ban on public stonings in order to provide adequate punishment to fit the crime.
Old Nov 2, 09, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by thehawk75 View Post
I would advise caution.

An Associated Press article just came out an hour ago regarding the business and residence of a Mr. Peter P. Pickles of San Diego, CA being being stormed by Federal agent and having all records and equipment being seized, due to a very complex scam that was alleged to be defrauding the United States government millions of dollars via the use of the $1 coins and credit cards. The defense attorney for Mr. Pickles claims that these were all legitimate transactions which were in fact encouraged by the US Mint and thus Fraud had not occurred. However, the Attorney Generals office has countered that what Mr. Peter Pickles was doing was not in the spirit of what the mint was suggesting, and as thus he is being held pending felony charges. It is expected that Federal Lawmakers are going to repeal the ban on public stonings in order to provide adequate punishment to fit the crime.
Peter is my cousin, not to be confused with mrpickles.
Old Nov 2, 09, 5:25 pm

Location: IAD, and sometimes OMNI/PR. Currently: not far from IAD, but home will always be SAN (not far from the "touch my junk and I'll have you arrested" Memorial TSA Check Point) even if I'm not there so much these days.
Programs: UA, CO, Calcifer Award for Mad Haiku Skillz
I would advise caution.

I'm from San Diego and have a number of contacts throughout the SDPD and local federal sources. Word on the street is that the namesake bird gave him up. Can you believe it? The bird squawked!
Old Nov 2, 09, 5:31 pm

I would advise caution.

So this is the second case after Mike Litoris' case?

Old Nov 2, 09, 5:36 pm

Thats just lewd.
Old Nov 2, 09, 5:38 pm

It only takes a few to ruin it for all...many will probably remember the loophole for the AmEx travelers check purchases and how that got shut down, no thanks to the folks who maxed out credit card after credit card almost daily.
Old Nov 2, 09, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by mrpickles View Post
Peter is my cousin, not to be confused with mrpickles.
I thought it was Peter Piper who was taking the coins to the fair?
Old Nov 2, 09, 8:24 pm

Programs: NW Silver, CO Silver,SPG Gold, USMint Presidential, Chase/BA 100k
I'm having a hard time organizing all these small orders. It's becoming to confusing knowing what order goes to what card. On top of that all these holds and shipments are compounding the issue. It was much simpler when NA's were around. All these small orders is just too time consuming. I wish the packing slip said what credit card was charged, it would make my time easier. I think I might order on CO MasterCard only. I do enjoy Starwood points more but my they cut my limit 16k during the financial crisis. A 4k AMX limit just doesn't work well with this coin program.

Last edited by nwa330; Nov 2, 09 at 8:30 pm
Old Nov 2, 09, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nwa330 View Post
I'm having a hard time organizing all these small orders. It's becoming to confusing knowing what order goes to what card. On top of that all these holds and shipments are compounding the issue. It was much simpler when NA's were around. All these small orders is just too time consuming. I wish the packing slip said what credit card was charged, it would make my time easier. I think I might order on CO MasterCard only. I do enjoy Starwood points more but my they cut my limit 16k during the financial crisis. A 4k AMX limit just doesn't work well with this coin program.
You should write down what CC used on the Order Confirmation Email you received. The order number is your common link as the order number also appeared on the Shipment email, and on the Packing Slip comes with the box.
Old Nov 3, 09, 2:43 am

Just placed an order.

Was able to place an order for 99 boxes of NA coins and got a confirmation number and and email with the following message:

Order date: 11/03/09

Sold To: Pickles, Mr.

Ship To: Pickles, Mr.

Order Process Date: 11/03/09

Merchandise :
Freight . . . : 4.95
Total . . : 4.95

1. NATIVE AMERICAN $250 BOX $1 COIN (N01)
Qty 99 @ $250.00 - Product not available.

No change in available credit at Citibank.
Old Nov 3, 09, 4:53 am

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Originally Posted by nwa330 View Post
Order in odd unused increments of $250. You'll loose some oppurtunity, yet keep track of the orders. Also, see above, for suggestion about linking order number.

Down to my last box. Very impressed with the model of coin counter that TCF uses. Will have to do some googling today.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: