Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Old Aug 23, 08, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
But I did receive coins I've expected thus far.
Glad you don't have to worry about them while away. Last week's new order (Jefferson and Adams) should be shipping by mid-week . . . If I were comfortable ordering $3,000 at a time and ticking off the local USPS workers with a 50 lb box, I would be done by now.
Old Aug 23, 08, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
yeah i know what you mean but they only have to set them on my door step and their truck passes by or they walk across one street to get from it to my house. Anyway, i did figure out all my orders and the coins I got were not dupes of any other. Sorry for any confusion.

I am now actually hoping other orders I have made do NOT come within the next week seeing as how we are away from Wed- Wed. I did inform a neighbor to watch out for anything and will tell the PO to hold my mail too.

I still expect another $500 for self, and my wife's test orders that had NOT been cancelled (only part of one order was so far) may also arrive! We shall see.
Old Aug 24, 08, 9:19 am

Programs: DL Gold, HH Gold, Priority Club Plat.
Just a quick story on how I used some of the coins .........

Went to the Bucs vs. Jaguars game last night (in Tampa) and knew there would be a ton of cheap tickets outside the stadium ......

I held strong to my beliefs and was able to buy myself an NFL ticket .... for 3 Monroe gold dollars.
Old Aug 24, 08, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mike1625 View Post
Just a quick story on how I used some of the coins .........

Went to the Bucs vs. Jaguars game last night (in Tampa) and knew there would be a ton of cheap tickets outside the stadium ......

I held strong to my beliefs and was able to buy myself an NFL ticket .... for 3 Monroe gold dollars.
Patriots fan here... $3 is never again going to be the cost of anything we have in sports in this town
Old Aug 24, 08, 4:26 pm

Programs: DL Gold, HH Gold, Priority Club Plat.
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Patriots fan here... $3 is never again going to be the cost of anything we have in sports in this town
Funny you should say that, I went to the Bucs v. Patriots game the week before, and you are right, $3 would not have been enough. It cost me $5, sadly I used money that folds instead of the $1 coins.

Tampa / Miami are 2 great cities for sports fans who want to see lots of games on a low budget. (I grew up near Miami) ..... I would load the car up with friends, and promise them all $5 tickets to Hurricane football games during the Canes glory years.
Old Aug 25, 08, 7:54 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat 2MM, HH Diamond, WoH Explorist, SPG Gold
I got my Jeffersons last Friday, and received an email on Saturday that the Washingtons are on the way.

Originally Posted by Mike1625 View Post
Funny you should say that, I went to the Bucs v. Patriots game the week before, and you are right, $3 would not have been enough. It cost me $5, sadly I used money that folds instead of the $1 coins.

Tampa / Miami are 2 great cities for sports fans who want to see lots of games on a low budget. (I grew up near Miami) ..... I would load the car up with friends, and promise them all $5 tickets to Hurricane football games during the Canes glory years.
It's preseason, the NFL's punishment for season ticket holders. I gave my Bucs-Pats and Bucs-Jags tickets away.
Old Aug 26, 08, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by Flying Buccaneer View Post
I got my Jeffersons last Friday, and received an email on Saturday that the Washingtons are on the way.
My order from last Tuesday is still "held" - I want this one to come through so I can finish up through Andrew Jackson (he is a Tennessean, you know) . . .
Old Aug 26, 08, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
I had an order for $2000 worth, and without informing me they broke the order up into multiple parts (the mint's website still treats it as one order). I was slightly alarmed when I saw that the coins had been delivered on Saturday (while I was away), and only $500 worth was there (James Monroe, btw). Called the mint, and they confirmed the other $1500 shipped separately. Would have been nice if they reported that on their site or through an e-mail though.

Also had another order placed for the Jackson's and Washington's. They're still sitting in that 'In stock and reserved' status -- 2 weeks later.

When all have finally shipped, I'll see if I can get my wife on an order for $3500...
Old Aug 26, 08, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA, Marriott, WN
My order of 2K arrived today from an order around the 18th. I like the coins, much prefer them to dollar bills.
Old Aug 26, 08, 1:35 pm
GSR

Programs: AA 2MM
My coins were ordered on Aug. 12, shipped Aug. 18, and arrived today Aug. 26.

The mail guy at work was sort of ticked, I think, because of how heavy the package was for the $2,000 in coins. I just get mum and told him "thanks."
Old Aug 26, 08, 2:19 pm

my $2000 order came in 2 shipments ($500 and $1500). The bank was a bit surprised when I deposited 2000 coins all rolled up.

Now, waiting for the last $500.

rgds,

drew
Old Aug 26, 08, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have received orders broken up (ie, order $2,500 and get parts in a series of days over time)

I have heard from two banks I frequent that they have seen a lot of these. Some think it is meant to eventually replace the dollar because it costs too much to convert the paper on a dollar like they have done on everything else down to the $5 bill. Plus, the Euro is a hit so the US is trying to match that with its own stylish coin of like size and weight.

I went to the USPS today to have mail held for when we are away on our trip starting tomorrow. Wed-Wed no email no nothing, just beaches and sun!!

I am expecting another $500 to come this week or next. They told me DHL delivers such coinage to them and they bring boxes over separately when they get it. Sometimes a sep mail truck stops by and sometimes they just give it to you the next day when your regular mail comes. Depends on timing. The mail hold I put on will cover the coins should they arrive in that period and I will get everything when I get back! Nice.
Old Aug 26, 08, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Marathon Man, are you redepositing the coins from each of your orders? Are you getting strange looks from bank tellers?
Old Aug 26, 08, 5:39 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus (Premier Exec)
I already received $2,000 at my home and my credit card was billed. Everything fine.

Then, I changed my credit card billing address to my office and ordered another $2,000, on the same card, with a delivery address of my office......and they canceled my order! Frustrating!
Old Aug 26, 08, 5:55 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
Order on Hold

my order status says ON HOLD...

what does this mean? Do I have to call them to confirm shipping address (billing and shipping address do NOT match).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: