Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Old Oct 12, 09, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by lili View Post
You would also have to carry all 475 lbs down to your car. Since you have to be there to sign for them, have the UPS guy load the boxes directly into your car. Then go to the bank before your car gets stolen or rearended.
There would be more damage to the other can than his.
Old Oct 12, 09, 8:27 am

Programs: UA GS, 1MM, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by lili View Post
You would also have to carry all 475 lbs down to your car. Since you have to be there to sign for them, have the UPS guy load the boxes directly into your car. Then go to the bank before your car gets stolen or rearended.
The weight will really help you in the winter if you get stuck in snow...
Old Oct 12, 09, 8:30 am

Programs: UA GS, 1MM, SPG Platinum
I had orders from 10/4, 10/7, and 10/8 ship this morning :-)
Old Oct 12, 09, 8:32 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Programs: US Platinum, United 1k, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC, Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by nwa330 View Post
I'm not sure my sedan could carry all that weight to the bank not to mention the difficulties the UPS driver would have delivering that amount to my 2nd story condo.
Can you have them shipped to your work? We have a secure receiving department where I ship my coins. If I'm out and a bunch come in, my coworkers usually move them to my locked office (sometimes even combining the boxes for me during slow times... I have yet to lose a roll and reward those who help me). I'll back my car up to either the loading dock or the door near my office (depending where the coins are) and use a cart to load them up. Last week, I had over 1000 lbs in my wife's hatch-back without issue. I did ensure the load was spread out so I wasn't doing wheelies on the way to the banks
Old Oct 12, 09, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by nwa330 View Post
OGM he is my hero. That's incredible! this is like robbing the bank legally. HKG here I come. Can you keep turning over coins as much and fast as you want? my Airline card has a 7500 limit. If all goes well I think I can do 2 u turns a month. Put me in coach I'm ready to play. If i can use AMX rewards, I might try a 100k order.
Ah, I have a feeling you could be the next drumdrum
Old Oct 12, 09, 12:01 pm

Programs: DL diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hertz Plat, Avis President
Originally Posted by jdivenere View Post
I had orders from 10/4, 10/7, and 10/8 ship this morning :-)
That's lucky. I still have 10/5, 10/9 still in process.
Old Oct 12, 09, 12:10 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, OnePass Gold, OneWorld
Originally Posted by chewy3 View Post
+1
Old Oct 12, 09, 12:27 pm

Programs: US Platinum, United 1k, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC, Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mrpickles View Post
In the end I have 7 bags of trash from the packing material, smaller boxes, and leftover large boxes:
You don't recycle the cardboard/paper? Lately, I've had 2 large bins/week of recycling from the "coin game" and about half of our household trash volume has been those white trays (My banks seem so prefer $500/box without the trays, except for 1 that still wants them in original Mint boxes).

Originally Posted by chewy3 View Post
I still have one from 9/30 that's in process, but ones after it hae already shipped...

Last edited by IAHtraveler; Oct 12, 09 at 12:54 pm
Old Oct 12, 09, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
My wife had an order for Presidents that was placed on the 8th. Shows that it was shipped today. No record yet on UPS.
Old Oct 12, 09, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler View Post
You don't recycle the cardboard/paper? Lately, I've had 2 large bins/week of recycling from the "coin game" and about half of our household trash volume has been those white trays (My banks seem so prefer $500/box without the trays, except for 1 that still wants them in original Mint boxes).

I still have one from 9/30 that's in process, but ones after it hae already shipped...
I had one from 9/30 that did not ship so I called the mint. Turned out Chase put a hold on it because it was a larger purchase than I had been making.
I got it cleared up and the mint was supposed to put it back through.
Old Oct 12, 09, 1:58 pm

Programs: co,skymiles hilton a.a usair
Originally Posted by deant View Post
My wife had an order for Presidents that was placed on the 8th. Shows that it was shipped today. No record yet on UPS.
+1 same here
Old Oct 12, 09, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by ntjane66 View Post
I had one from 9/30 that did not ship so I called the mint. Turned out Chase put a hold on it because it was a larger purchase than I had been making.
I got it cleared up and the mint was supposed to put it back through.
Chase shows the hold now, so I figure they'll ship within a day or two. If not, then I'll call. After last week's shipments, I still have plenty to deposit, so it's no big deal if they take a few more days.

Originally Posted by chavjs View Post
+1 same here
I've found that The Mint's site says it was shipped just after lunch-time, and then you'll get the email that night (usually around 830PM Central). They'll shop up in the UPS site late that evening, or the next evening.
Old Oct 12, 09, 2:23 pm

Programs: All, but no status!
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

When the Mint website says it shipped, I always get it by 10AM the next weekday, even if the UPS website shows no record before I go to bed. Maybe it has to do with where in the country one lives.

Last edited by pawtim; Oct 12, 09 at 2:24 pm
Old Oct 12, 09, 3:53 pm

Programs: 1-k spg gold
Reading the purchase of coins in the beginning, felt this would net just a few miles. Thank you for the detailed info, might give this a shot.
Old Oct 12, 09, 6:19 pm

Programs: NW Silver, CO Silver,SPG Gold, USMint Presidential, Chase/BA 100k
I just bought 4 boxes as a test run. Does anyone know how much longer this will last?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: