Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Old Aug 22, 08, 6:48 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by fsa_ea View Post
No signature will be required. My last order was left at the top of my steps in fromt of my house on a busy street in SF. Needless to say, I was shocked that the USPS would leave $1,000 cash on my front steps!
Isn't the idea that they don't know it's $1000? If they did, it probably would never have made it to your doorstep.
Old Aug 22, 08, 11:42 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
US Mint pls leave me alone

Hi,

I am the one who had to jump through hoops to get my order cancelled and get a refund because I never received the darn coins. I was relieved to see the credit finally show up on August 19 when I originally placed the order in early June! Then today, I just received another email telling me that they are sending me the coins again and charging me $500...Hopefully I get them this time so I do not have to go through this hassle again!

I wonder what their investigation found out....Weeks ago, they told me that once I cancel, they do the investigation and issue a refund....They told me that this is it....Then again, it would not be the first time they tell me one thing on the phone and do differently!

So, I am thinking about placing a web cam to catch my nosy neighbor this time
Old Aug 22, 08, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Two thoughts:

1. Had $1,000 waiting when I came home today - the previous trend I noted (package arriving the day after DHL gives it to USPS) continues to hold.

2. Those of you ordering $2,500 / $3,000 at a time are going to have to use some of your reward points for Christmas gifts for the USPS. Have you looked at some of the shipping weights?
Old Aug 22, 08, 5:58 pm

Does anyone have any tracking activity on shipments that went out earlier in the week?

My tracking info on DHL shows that it departed Wilmington on the 20th, but no new activity has been recorded since.

ALSO: John Quincy Adams is back in stock as of 5pm PST.

Last edited by grandmaster b; Aug 22, 08 at 6:02 pm Reason: JQA availability
Old Aug 22, 08, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by grandmaster b View Post
Does anyone have any tracking activity on shipments that went out earlier in the week?

My tracking info on DHL shows that it departed Wilmington on the 20th, but no new activity has been recorded since.
Mine didn't leave Wilmington but it was picked up by DHL the 20th, delivered to USPS the day after (all on DHL tracking record), and arrived today.
Old Aug 22, 08, 6:22 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG PLT, Hyatt Diamond
According to DHL, mine left Wilmington on the 19th, arrived in Southern California on the 21st and at the USPS in my town today around noon. I'm expecting it tomorrow.
Old Aug 22, 08, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Ordered the 12th. E-mail rec'd the 20th with tracking info. Package delivered today (the 22nd).
Old Aug 22, 08, 9:16 pm

Programs: SPG, HH, AA, UA, BD, Hyatt, TYP
I ordered on the 12th and received yesterday.

Halothane
Old Aug 22, 08, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
two strange things have happened in my world:

I received an email stating a $500 order I made on 8/11 shipped on 8/19 and I did in fact receive it on the 20th. $500 worth of coins... The order states these are:

JOHN ADAMS $250 BOX $1 COINS (Y02) Qty : 2

I received $500 worth of Thomas Jefferson coins.

huh?

On that same day, later in my daily yahoo emails, I received an email stating another order made of 8/11 would ship on 8/19 and it is for a $1,000 order I had made on that date. It is for these coins below but to date I have NOT seen $1,000 worth of anything at my doorstep...

1. JAMES MADISON $250 BOX $1 COINS (Y04) Qty : 2

2. JAMES MONROE $250 BOX $1 COINS (Y05) Qty : 2

Where are they?

In my Visa card, the $500 orde rshows up, the $1,000 one only just got posted in my statement dated as a 8/21 transaction. I guess I will see it Monday or Tues... ???

And oh, on that same order date of 8/11, I had made ANOTHER $1,000 order but nothing has been emailed to me about that one. All of these were sep coin styles so they would go thru.
Old Aug 22, 08, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
On that same day, later in my daily yahoo emails, I received an email stating another order made of 8/11 would ship on 8/19 and it is for a $1,000 order I had made on that date. It is for these coins below but to date I have NOT seen $1,000 worth of anything at my doorstep...
Did the e-mail say that it would ship (as bolded) or that it did ship? If it's the latter, there would be two sets of numbers at the bottom of the order (the second will track at DHL). I have yet to receive a message that one of my shipments was about to be sent.
Old Aug 23, 08, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by icurhere2 View Post
Did the e-mail say that it would ship (as bolded) or that it did ship? If it's the latter, there would be two sets of numbers at the bottom of the order (the second will track at DHL). I have yet to receive a message that one of my shipments was about to be sent.
actually I just noticed it says I ordered these 8/12 and so since I had actually done a total of $2,500 in one day but in THREE separate orders of coinage, maybe the fact I did this one later in the day put it into the next day's ordering world... I had posted this email earlier but here it is again and I have never been able to see any tracking info using any tracking tool on any order I have had thus far, but they have come. (My problem is going to be next week, when we are away from Wed-Wed and will be wondering if a few thousand worth of coins are supposedly sitting on our doorstep):

We shipped the items listed below today.
Thank you for shopping at the United States Mint Online
Catalog; we hope you'll visit again soon.
Track your order at http://catalog.usmint.gov
Questions about returns or cancellations?
Please visit http://catalog.usmint.gov
Thanks again for shopping with the U.S. Mint.
Electronic gift certificates are now available!

Order #: 29XXXXXX - 1 Order Date: 8/12/08

Sold To: MM

Ship To: MM

Date Shipped: 8/19/08

Amount Charged : 1000.00

Tracking ID

9101XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
295XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
895XXXXXXXXXX

Items included in this shipment:

1. JAMES MADISON $250 BOX $1 COINS (Y04) Qty : 2

2. JAMES MONROE $250 BOX $1 COINS (Y05) Qty : 2

This is a system generated e-mail. Please do not reply.
If you have questions, please visit the Help page at
http://catalog.usmint.gov or call us at 1-800-USA-MINT.
Old Aug 23, 08, 8:12 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
To MM

>>>>>>Where are they?

I have asked myself this question many many times
Old Aug 23, 08, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post

Date Shipped: 8/19/08

Amount Charged : 1000.00

Tracking ID

9101XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
295XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
895XXXXXXXXXX
The tracking ID number that starts with "895" (and that code only) is the one that should be traceable on DHL's website. If you can trace with that information, the coins should be delivered the next day by USPS. If that number isn't recognized, you need to get on the phone with the U.S. Mint.
Old Aug 23, 08, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gpapadop View Post
>>>>>>Where are they?

I have asked myself this question many many times
indeed you have, and I know about the pains of wondering where these things are for a few thousand miles. It is risky.

Nevertheless, it also purely matches up with my theory on why pretty much every mileage scheme works! (ie, gift cards, fundings, churns, promos with loopholes, etc):

the more poorly the entity runs or monitors the things being bought and sold or churned and converted to get these miles, the more likely you CAN get the miles. the give and take is this: The 'give' is that it is run poorly or managed with less oversight than most people would want, so things like losses and delays CAN and DO happen, but the 'take' is that since they aint really watchin, everyone can potentially reap!

we must just be sure we are on the winning side of this.

I can only let the godz dictate what will be now.
Old Aug 23, 08, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by icurhere2 View Post
The tracking ID number that starts with "895" (and that code only) is the one that should be traceable on DHL's website. If you can trace with that information, the coins should be delivered the next day by USPS. If that number isn't recognized, you need to get on the phone with the U.S. Mint.
thank you for that.

www.dhl.com
specifiy location
track order by pasting into big box.

it came up showing this:

8/22/2008 6:24 am Arrived at DHL facility. Stoneham, MA

8/21/2008 10:20 pm Transit through DHL facility Coventry Regional Hub, RI
9:46 pm In transit. Coventry Regional Hub, RI

8/20/2008 3:38 pm Depart Facility Wilmington, OH
11:01 am Processed at DHL Location. Wilmington, OH
10:38 am In transit. Wilmington, OH
Shipment Request Acknowledged.

I was checking it as my wife went to the door to find 2 boxes.

now here's the STRANGE part:
I know I have ordered a lot of coins on a few cards, etc (as explained in posts I've made earlier) but the other day I received what I thought was a recent $500 order of John Adams and instead I got thomas jefferson, which I ALREADY had received in an earlier order!

And now, today, I not only got the $1,000 from above email I pasted in, but ALSO, I received the $500 John Adams!

So... WHOSE coins did I receive??????????????????????
what coins, and where the hell did I dine?

Weird!
(or, could those TJ's be from the time my wife used her card with "apt 1" in the address to trick the system and it actually worked but never sent HEr any email saying it was on its way???)

totally confused but in a good way now.

I will have to sort thru some printouts of the orders we have made here.
Will post later when I do.

But I did receive coins I've expected thus far.

MM

Search this Thread