Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Old Sep 23, 2009, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by tbird2000
That is true, but they have had issues since the scary late July announcement of "product not available", way before this inventory count....
My average ship time in July is 5.4 days and in August is 4.8 days, so I don't see where the problem is. All my orders are 2.5K or less.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by mrpickles
There are four Chase branches near me, each are former WAMU banks. I have met with each of the operations managers and have the schedules of when the armoured trucks make pick-ups (days, not actual times). I only go in when I have called in advance the brach and spoken to the vault teller (operations manager). They take the whole transaction so I don't have to deal with the tellers.

Why do you have so much HATE?
What is an Operations Manager?

I've heard of a Branch Manager, Assistant Branch Manager, Teller Supervisor, Head Teller and Assistant Head Teller. Where does an Operations Manager fit in that chain?
Old Sep 23, 2009, 2:57 pm

Mr. Pickles good for you. I hope no one writes an article for WSJ- thats how the savings bonds charge got stopped. I have just started ordering- so far i have recd and deposited $10,000.00.
Its been taking about 10 days to receive the coins. all the N/A coins are backordered.
I have been to 2 banks and to the credit Union. Credit Union was real good. Asked them if i could bring a box every week and they said they didnt see why not. Whoopee.
Now I hope this lasts a few months so I can get a couple of 100,000s in my account.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by mikeef
I had no problem when I was shorted by $2,500. I called the CSR, they told me where to ship them and I was refunded within a couple of weeks.

Mike
where to ship them? what do you mean by that? you had to return the coins?
Old Sep 23, 2009, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mrpickles
I said well over $100K! Isn't $160-$200K well over $100K?????

Did not want to be accused of bragging.

Orders are easy when you have 3 AA mastercards, 3 Starwood Amex, 4 Chase UAL, all with >$30k limits and two >$55K limits. If you stage the orders you can have them rolling in every few days.

I am not placing an order, then waiting 10 days and using the cash to pay off the card.

I place the order, then place another, and another, etc. As soon as it arrives, I check the card online and when the sales post to the card I either make an online payment transfer to the cc or write a check at the branch to pay off the purchase with "cleared funds". I use other cash to fund my checking accounts, and use the coins to replenish the cash as it is transfered to the credit cards.

This keeps the cards having available credit so I can order more. I keep between 60K and 100k of clear cash in the checking account to speed up the payments.

All of my credit cards have zero balances and I understand that this is not the situation for most people.
Bingo!

That is the key. I am doing the similar way.

However I cannot do your quantity particularly due to the weight of the coins.

$3000 is the maximum weight I could handle each time. I use a roller cart to carry them.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bobsakamoto
where to ship them? what do you mean by that? you had to return the coins?
If you search mikeef's posts on his recent short-shipment, you will get the details.

In brief, he got different type of coins (non-circulate variety) and had to return them to the Mint.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 3:06 pm

Smile

I can manage 2500. I have the UPS man put the coins in a wheeled carry on bag which i put in my car, drive to the bank and wheel the bag to the from parking lot to bank. I must be quite a sight!
Mr. Pickles How do you carry such big quantities? Must use a forklift. I admire you:-:
Old Sep 23, 2009, 3:18 pm
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eager to learn
I can manage 2500. I have the UPS man put the coins in a wheeled carry on bag which i put in my car, drive to the bank and wheel the bag to the from parking lot to bank. I must be quite a sight!
Mr. Pickles How do you carry such big quantities? Must use a forklift. I admire you:-:
I am a 120-pound woman and have deposited $37K in one day. I put them in shopping carts and wheel them into the bank. If steps or no cart, I carry them in in batches. I do call in advance and they are fine about me setting them on the counter while I get more from car.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by ukguy78
Anyone else waiting on an order that's approaching three weeks or longer? I placed a small order (1k) for NA's on 9/4. While the order staus still says "on hold, " the coins have been "in stock and reserved" for at least a week and a half. I guess I don't understand why more recent orders from others in this thread have already been fulfilled while mine's still hanging out there.
I had a similar issue a while back. I called and found that I had mistakenly transposed some numbers in my credit card details.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 4:01 pm

Programs: All, but no status!
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Originally Posted by mikeef
One more option for dumping coins: At a Do yesterday, one of that attendees scooped up all our cash and paid the bill with a roll of dollar coins.

Mike
I was just worried a breeze might blow the bills off the table!

I also use dollar coins for buskers for the same reason.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 4:06 pm

Thumbs up

You are AMAZING. I need to get a little braver. Maybe I will get a dolly and wheel in more. I dont think my bank would be very pleased with 37500, but maybe I could try 5000.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 4:41 pm

Now I know what a busker is, thanks for the word of the day!

Originally Posted by pawtim
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I was just worried a breeze might blow the bills off the table!

I also use dollar coins for buskers for the same reason.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by aauaflier
wow, people are dumb. so they are paying $31 for a roll of $25 in coins. hmm...you can get it for no surcharge from the mint, can probably get it from a bank, etc etc.
But, if you use bing's cashback for it's max per transaction ($200), both the seller and the buyer could come out ahead by about $25 each (net of ebay/paypal fees), plus your credit card rewards of course.

See item 220484902449 for an example
Old Sep 23, 2009, 5:09 pm
RLW

Angry

this branch I went to today ran my coins through their coin counter (which was having jamming problems again) and they came up $3 dollar short I was trying to deposit just $495 but they only counted $492...since I didn't want to make a scene (like I did at the other bank some days ago ) I just let them shortchange me

I felt trapped into that situation once they ran the coins through their coin counter...I mean it didn't seem appropriate to ask for the coins back since I think they mixed them in with a couple of other dollar coins that were already there but could I have asked for the coins back?

3 out of 495 lost thats 0.6%!

any tips on dealing with coin machine miscounts? maybe I should never let the bank tellers count the coins and stick with (free) self-service machines?
Old Sep 23, 2009, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by RLW
any tips on dealing with coin machine miscounts? maybe I should never let the bank tellers count the coins and stick with (free) self-service machines?
How do you know you won't have the same problem with those machines? The other day I lost almost $3 on about $6k at a self-service machine. I did get credit for a penny, a dime, and a quarter, though. At another machine they opened it up when I complained that it miscounted and handed me an Eisenhower dollar that was stuck .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.