Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2009, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by aaron1262
NA back in stock again. it's strange why it always states it's back ordered for 3 weeks but then is available a few days later.
They're back to being backordered... maybe it was a typo this morning.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 1:39 pm

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
Originally Posted by fly2nrt
whatever it was, it released my order from being backordered to on hold. hopefully i'll get them by friday.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 1:51 pm

whatever it was, it released my order from being backordered to on hold. hopefully i'll get them by friday.

I hope soo too... I'm leaving for Asia in 10 days and I don't want them showing up while I'm away.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 1:52 pm

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
Check it again, my order went to on hold today same as yours, and is now in process.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
I have to time my orders to match my travel. It's such an amusing problem to have.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 1:57 pm

Location: IAD, and sometimes OMNI/PR. Currently: not far from IAD, but home will always be SAN (not far from the "touch my junk and I'll have you arrested" Memorial TSA Check Point) even if I'm not there so much these days.
Programs: UA, CO, Calcifer Award for Mad Haiku Skillz
My last order required a signature, where my previous orders were left on my front porch (reasonably safe/nice neighborhood). These were all small (2-4 boxes--I know, pitifully small) orders. I was given the option to pick them up at UPS or give them an alternate address, so I had them sent to my office, which was convenient for me. Since then, I read on here that UPS is charging for redelivery. Does anyone know what determines when a signature is required on a shipment?
Old Aug 18, 2009, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA 2.2MM LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
NA back in stock again. it's strange why it always states it's back ordered for 3 weeks but then is available a few days later.
Looks like I missed it...
Originally Posted by xyzzy
I have to time my orders to match my travel. It's such an amusing problem to have.
It's a good problem to have. I've had the same problem, trying to find windows of time where they're in stock and I'm in town at the same time. I should have ordered some a week before I returned from my last trip.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 2:06 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

For a while, the standing joke in our house/work was: "How do you get an order of coins to ship to IAHTraveler? Send him out of town... they're guaranteed to come the first day." Now, I have a designated person to pick-up the coins from our receiving area at work when I'm out of town. He locks them up until I'm back for them. I've bought him a bunch of beer to compensate for his efforts, but I still can't convince him to drop them off at the bank for me He was half-convinced to drop them at Wachovia for me, but then they decided to fill out the LCTR, and now it's not an option for him.

Originally Posted by youreadyfreddie
Since then, I read on here that UPS is charging for redelivery. Does anyone know what determines when a signature is required on a shipment?
I've only orderd $500+ at a time. In the last 5 months, they've ALL been signature required. It was $6 per box (up to 2500 in a box) to re-deliver or change delivery dates, PLUS a fuel surcharge. I declined and picked them up at the local UPS station after having them drive them around for 3 days. Now they're all shipped to my work.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 2:16 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
For a while, the standing joke in our house/work was: "How do you get an order of coins to ship to IAHTraveler? Send him out of town... they're guaranteed to come the first day." Now, I have a designated person to pick-up the coins from our receiving area at work when I'm out of town. He locks them up until I'm back for them. I've bought him a bunch of beer to compensate for his efforts, but I still can't convince him to drop them off at the bank for me He was half-convinced to drop them at Wachovia for me, but then they decided to fill out the LCTR, and now it's not an option for him.
At least your $500+ isn't too difficult to handle and something that would break his back (or get worker's comp?)

Some of my friends know what I have been doing and get jealous of all the points I receive. All of them don't want to deal with the banks though. So I guess this is THE part that keeps many more people from placing more orders and taking our coins.

I placed an order earlier today and my CCs available credit went down immediately. So I guess that order went through ok, or so I hope. Maybe some people placed gigantic order and caused them to run out again?
Old Aug 18, 2009, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by buschoi
At least your $500+ isn't too difficult to handle and something that would break his back (or get worker's comp?)
I haven't ordered $500 in ages. Now, for shipping simplicity, I only order in $2,500 increments, so he's getting a work-out. However, we're a R&D facility, so we have lots of carts available for moving around heavy objects, or "boxes of books", as my receiving guy thinks I'm getting.

I have joked to my boss that I should hurt my back moving a box & get off for worker's comp... he didn't think it was as funny as I did.

Originally Posted by buschoi
Maybe some people placed gigantic order and caused them to run out again?
Or lots of $2,500 or $5,000 orders...
Old Aug 18, 2009, 2:46 pm

Sorry, that was my fault. I had been away and not ordered in 2 weeks so I cleaned them out of their in stock coins during lunch.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Whew, I was embarrassed to say the same thing.

"Honey, we have to cancel the vacation this year. The coins are coming."

Mike
Old Aug 18, 2009, 3:39 pm

Programs: AS, UA, DL, WN, Marriott, Hilton, Radisson
Originally Posted by jlgrandam
LOL! You are so rich and I envy you sooo much. Of course it begs the question, why does a rich jetset like yourself bother to order $40,000 of coins just to earn some airline miles?
I've wondered that myself about alot of folks on this forum. I mean, my income is about 2x the national household average, but I often feel like I am Cletis the Slackjawed Yokel compared to the folks in this forum. I think I mostly feel that way due to multiple derisive comments I've read in other threads about people who fly Southwest and/or earn most of their FF miles with promotions and credit card use...but I guess those participating in this US Mint program might be a little kinder about the latter, though.

I've been fairly judicious in my ordering of coins. My latest deposit took me to about $4k total over 2 months. But my bank's tune suddenly changed from "happy to have them" to "we're going to start charging you $10 per $1,000." Guess I'll spread it around the branches and see if that helps. I was not doing that before because I didn't want to appear to be avoiding SARS (the form, not the disease, that would require a surgical mask).
Old Aug 18, 2009, 3:39 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I haven't ordered $500 in ages.
Ok.... I misread it...

I've only orderd $500+ at a time.
I have been extra careful lately. I don't know when my poor back will break when lifting up the boxes, and I don't need it.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by Dreading
"we're going to start charging you $10 per $1,000."
They can refuse a deposit (unless their T&Cs for the account says you can bring them in). However, if they want to charge you, it must be listed on the fee structure for their bank/your account. If they try to charge you, just ask for the fee schedule, as required by some act that was mentioned here a while ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.