Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2009, 6:14 am

UPS Problems

I just ordered my first 2.5k set of coins the other day. Glad I am not paying for the next day air shipping. According to the tracking site online, they said the mailing label was illegible or had fallen off.....give me a break. UPS is having major problems. Just this week also, the fiance had a package that was delivered and signed for by someone else and we had to track it down(30 miles away). I am surprised the mint doesnt use another shipping carrier.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 7:06 am

Programs: OP, SPG, Amex MR
Originally Posted by Centurion
Just had a deposit that took way way to long at Bank of America in Arizona and talk with the FBI.
Did you tell G-man to go take a hike?
Old Jul 16, 2009, 8:43 am

My new dry cleaners takes cash only so I paid in coins. They loved them and actually bought more from me. I told them I had thousands of dollars worth but I don't think they wanted that many. Anyways, they are very happy to get them and they will buy an extra roll or two on top of my payment each visit!
Old Jul 16, 2009, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by jlgrandam
No reason to worry, it is all logical and NOTHING can kill this deal. It is "fool-proof".....
Nothing but lying and deceit.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by yngdiego
My WF bank just took the rolls in their boxes after looking under the top tray to verify each roll was $25. I'd hate to unwrap all of them and create more work for the bank.
It's actually more work for the bank to take it your way. They have to unroll them and put them in bags to send back to their clearing house.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 9:34 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, UA 2P, Marriott LTPP
Got my 5k order this week and deposited 2.5k at BofA with no problems. I took the other 2.5k to Wal-Mart to buy some money orders, but they wouldn't take the coins, though they said they'd take dollar bills. "We'd have to count them", they said. I wanted to ask how counting coins would be any different than counting bills, but I did not.

I'll deposit the other 2.5k today or tomorrow. I'll place another order for 5k soon, and I may do a similar order each week.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 10:39 am

Programs: AS, UA, DL, WN, Marriott, Hilton, Radisson
Centurion, after reading your post, I will definitely be keeping all of my receipts. Thanks for the warning.

So far, my bank branch has taken them rolled and has been happy to have them. They said they often get calls from people wanting these and because they don't order them from the Treasury directly, they usually have to tell people that they don't have any. They plan on keeping them to give out to folks that request them. I'll just try not to give them so many that they change their mind.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 10:45 am

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Gold, Choice Priveleges Gold, Club Carlson Silver, Wyndham Rewards, UMP, DL, ANA
According to an update on the Mint's site, shipping of the $1 NA's will resume 7/28/09.

Looks like it might be a couple weeks to get some new NA's.

Back to the Presidents for the time being, I guess.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 10:59 am
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Weird Plus

Received some yesterday and my only open order is not showing shipped. Yet UPS just brought me two boxes which comprise over half of it. Rather scary as the two packing lists say -0- backordered. I hope they are sending the third box today rather than that it is lost somewhere. UPS site says just two boxes in shipment.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 11:38 am

Programs: AA, CO, US, UA, MX , DL - dirt everywhere
Question

Originally Posted by Lefty

Can you still get them? My last order for the Presidents was canceled on June 12 saying "over limit".

I really do not care which coins I take to the bank.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
I've seen a few references to problems and I deposited some coins today - my bank just called to let me know that one of the rolls I brought over was visibly shorter than the rest so they opened it to find $3 short.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 12:15 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Gold, Choice Priveleges Gold, Club Carlson Silver, Wyndham Rewards, UMP, DL, ANA
Originally Posted by tbird2000
Can you still get them? My last order for the Presidents was canceled on June 12 saying "over limit".
I'm assuming I can since I haven't ordered any of the presidents yet. I started with the higher/no limit NA's right off the bat, never bothered with the presidents. But it looks like that may change over the next week or two if they aren't shipping out any more NA's.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 1:28 pm

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
Originally Posted by Lefty
According to an update on the Mint's site, shipping of the $1 NA's will resume 7/28/09.

Looks like it might be a couple weeks to get some new NA's.

or maybe the mint wants us all to take a break! especially those who are practically hoarding all of the NA's and bragging about it. ( you know who you are) i understand people want to get the most out of this deal as possible..but ordering 10's of thousands at one time because there's no limit is really unnecessary. there's something called sharing and moderation..
Old Jul 16, 2009, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by smcgrath12
Did you tell G-man to go take a hike?
Actually I have respect for FBI. I think they have a tough job and anything a citizen can do to make it easier I think they should do. I have no respect for Bank of America who I think may have issued a fake report to try and stop something legal that they consider a pain.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 4:30 pm

So strangely enough I had an order that I received this morning... 2 boxes of a larger order.

No confirmation email was sent (which is unusual). What makes this disconcerting is that the mint site shows that all were shipped and provided a UPS tracking number... to the 1 box that was received.

Anyone had this happen before?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.