Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Old Jun 30, 08, 7:40 am

Programs: UA1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Million-Miler
Originally Posted by Schutzee View Post
Or you can get them on Ebay for $600. http://cgi.ebay.com/500-John-Quincy-...3286.m14.l1318
Gee whiz, I can get 100 more ff miles if I order them on ebay. By the way my U S Mint order has now been moved to July 15 shipping.
Old Jun 30, 08, 7:46 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum
Same here, received an email that my order has been moved back to July 15 shipping when I am scheduled to go on a trip...hope no one takes the box from my porch!
Old Jun 30, 08, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA (1MM)
According to a US Mint phone rep, the JQA coins are sold out ($500 face for $500 shipped and delivered). My order on 6/28 (when they were showing in a back-ordered status) was supposedly cancelled, although that remains to be seen.

If someone else is successful in submitting an order for these coins on 6/30 or later, please post.
Old Jun 30, 08, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA:Lifetime Plat DL:Lifetime Silver UA:1P MAR:Lifetime Tit
Originally Posted by gpapadop View Post
Same here, received an email that my order has been moved back to July 15 shipping when I am scheduled to go on a trip...hope no one takes the box from my porch!
Hopefully you are in the group of people valuing your miles/points earned from this deal at $30+, after deducting the value of your time, opportunity cost, stress, risk!
Old Jun 30, 08, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just do a USPS mail hold and pick up or have your accumulated mail delivered upon your return.
Old Jun 30, 08, 5:26 pm

Mint just cancelled my second order. Product says not available now online. Looks like the Mint may have figured out this deal was being used and abused...
Old Jun 30, 08, 8:25 pm

>>>>>>>Hopefully you are in the group of people valuing your miles/points earned from this deal at $30+, after deducting the value of your time, opportunity cost, stress, risk!

Yes. This was paid for with my wife's new WP Card which will give her 20k miles after spending $500 plus 200 points on the Miles to Go promo in which is one fifth of the points needed for the top 50k mile award...so, yes, in this case it is worth it. Speak to me afterwards if someone snags the darn box
Old Jun 30, 08, 11:45 pm

Programs: UA, skymiles, AAdvantage, continental one pass, ANA, Hilton, SPG
mine was canceled too. power of FT to shut that down. oh boy.
Old Jul 1, 08, 1:30 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
By the way my U S Mint order has now been moved to July 15 shipping.
My order placed 6/13 is no longer showing an expected shipping date.
Old Jul 1, 08, 9:03 am

Programs: United Silver, PC Plat/Amb, HH Dmnd
I ordered two boxes. Today I received an e-mail notifying me of the backorder status and new ship date of July 16. I wonder if the Mint is cancelling multiple orders, i.e. more than one order per customer. It would be a shame if the Mint shut this down based on folks trying to game the system. Or are there really that many FT'ers out there?
Old Jul 1, 08, 10:12 am

Programs: AA:Lifetime Plat DL:Lifetime Silver UA:1P MAR:Lifetime Tit
This was paid for with my wife's new WP Card which will give her 20k miles after spending $500 plus 200 points on the Miles to Go promo in which is one fifth of the points needed for the top 50k mile award...so, yes, in this case it is worth it.
Wouldn't $500 in grocery store purchases accomplish the same thing without the risk, oportunity cost, hassle, etc.? Assuming you have the means to spend $500 in a month or two elsewhere, shouldn't you should be looking at the value of the incremental awards added after the first dollar?
Old Jul 1, 08, 10:41 am

Received mine today
Old Jul 1, 08, 10:54 am

>>>>>>Wouldn't $500 in grocery store purchases accomplish the same thing without the risk, oportunity cost, hassle, etc.?

That would require me going to the grocery store multiple times...this way I order $500 and bang I am done!

This is my 1,000th post on FT!!!^
Old Jul 1, 08, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by shadabing View Post
mine was canceled too. power of FT to shut that down. oh boy.
Mine's still showing up - I've only placed one order through the entire program, though (if that's any help).
Old Jul 1, 08, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by andyandy View Post
I ordered two boxes. Today I received an e-mail notifying me of the backorder status and new ship date of July 16. I wonder if the Mint is cancelling multiple orders, i.e. more than one order per customer. It would be a shame if the Mint shut this down based on folks trying to game the system. Or are there really that many FT'ers out there?
Only one (1) order per shipping address,I was told.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: