Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Old Jun 2, 2009, 11:28 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
From recent evidence, you're not going to get past the $5000 NA coins plus $3000-$4000 in President coins currently available / likely available in 2009. Getting better at canceling orders to same address and/or with same card.

Good for getting you over the spending threshold but not good for the vast majority of spending on one card.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 11:33 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
From recent evidence, you're not going to get past the $5000 NA coins plus $3000-$4000 in President coins currently available / likely available in 2009. Getting better at canceling orders to same address and/or with same card.

Good for getting you over the spending threshold but not good for the vast majority of spending on one card.
ive only got orders canceled when I registered and tried to buy them again....the trick is...dont register
Old Jun 3, 2009, 3:36 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM

Popycock!

If anything they've given up on checking orders to the same address!

I don't want to get into proof of this fact for fear of slaying the goose.

Are you deliberately trying to spread mis-information? (seriously, if you are PM me and I'll drop the subject), but, I hate it when people just assume they know it all based on their 1 time experience, and spread mis-information they think to be the truth, but in reality, they can't tell the difference between sh!t and peanut butter.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 6:52 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold

I would have to disagree with that statement... it seems that they don't care about multiple orders.... as long as they are not excessive, as in ordering 5k at once... orders are accepted
Old Jun 3, 2009, 7:06 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by mrx900
interesting...is there way to do this with the SPG AMEX card as well??
I'm not very familiar with the SPG, but I vaguely recall that the highest status on the starwood isn't achievable with spending only. Anyone know for sure?

Somewhat OT for a second, why does everyone seem to prefer the SPG to Hhonors?
Old Jun 3, 2009, 7:06 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Location: San Diego, CA , 4.2MM+ AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
My first order was for 5000 NA coins last month. That put me over the 40K spending to maintain Diamond w/Hilton. Charged to my Hilton Surpass Amex card.

My second order was for 2 boxes of ea president that was available = 2500 two weeks ago. Charged to my SPG Amex. This will help maintain Gold with Starwood.

I ordered 2 boxes of each president available plus 2 boxes of NA on 5/28

Received shipping confirmation last night for 4 boxes of presidents but no NA - 2000. Tracking says they will be delivered today. That puts me at 4500 on Starwood. You need 30K to achieve Gold with Starwood (highest level possible with CC spending). Combined with my regular spending, easily doable but I will continue to order from the Mint as well.

Side note, I have a B of A branch who actually looks forward to my bringing in the dollar coins! They have one account (a national park) who loves giving them as change ad also a vending machine operator who uses them for change in the machines as well.

I am registered.

Last edited by FrAAmer; Jun 3, 2009 at 7:16 am
Old Jun 3, 2009, 9:30 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Seven days, not bad

Just got another $500 Native American order. Arrived 7 days after placing order online. Not bad.
This helps meeting the minium spend during the first billing cycle.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 11:19 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by ken7
I'm not very familiar with the SPG, but I vaguely recall that the highest status on the starwood isn't achievable with spending only. Anyone know for sure?

Somewhat OT for a second, why does everyone seem to prefer the SPG to Hhonors?
Ken7 -- Very Off-topic, but you are correct, one can only achieve Gold Status with the SPG American Express. (not Platinum) People prefer SPG for various reasons, such as the flexibility & value of the points; you can transfer 20,000 Starpoints to 25K FF Miles on a number of airlines, etc etc etc

See Here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...erican+Express (among other places) for more info....
Old Jun 3, 2009, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA Platinum & a bunch of hotel statuses
Finally deciding to get into this game - needed a way to get over the hump for AA lifetime gold.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by jfkeze
I would have to disagree with that statement... it seems that they don't care about multiple orders.... as long as they are not excessive, as in ordering 5k at once... orders are accepted
+1
Old Jun 3, 2009, 1:09 pm

Programs: Outgrew all status except AA: Plat for life (the program's); Costco: Ex Plat
Originally Posted by FrAAmer
My first order was for 5000 NA coins last month. That put me over the 40K spending to maintain Diamond w/Hilton. Charged to my Hilton Surpass Amex card.
Never heard of the Hilton Sourpuss Amex -- is it different from the ruglar Hilton Amex? 40K/yr charged gets you Diamond?
Old Jun 3, 2009, 2:17 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Location: San Diego, CA , 4.2MM+ AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
Here is a link that discusses the Surpass Card. More info is on the American Express website.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...n-express.html
Old Jun 3, 2009, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP
deleted

Last edited by ken7; Jun 3, 2009 at 6:11 pm
Old Jun 4, 2009, 12:44 am

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
i think the UPS man is getting tired of seeing my face bright and early every morning at around 9AM with 20LB packages. He's come everyday this week and coming tomorrow and probably friday! i might just have to tip him..

while the automated phone calls about delivery are good service im sorta getting annoyed by them calling every morning.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 7:27 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by aaron1262
i think the UPS man is getting tired of seeing my face bright and early every morning at around 9AM with 20LB packages. He's come everyday this week and coming tomorrow and probably friday! i might just have to tip him..

while the automated phone calls about delivery are good service im sorta getting annoyed by them calling every morning.
I've been having my deliveries come to my work because I'm not home between 11 & 12 when UPS delivers. The Mint cleared a back-log of my orders one time and shipped 6 days out of 7. By about the 4th day, the UPS guy told our guy in receiving, "Man, I'm really starting to hate this Mr. IAHTraveler." The funny thing is that we have carts by the loading docks & the UPS guy always has one, too, but he never used them. He insisted on carrying 25-48 lb boxes in his arms.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.