Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Old May 12, 09, 6:48 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Programs: US Platinum, United 1k, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC, Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by PedroNY View Post
5) Should I start an "investigation" with AMEX, so that $250 is not required to be paid?

I was shocked, the customer service lady did not seemed fazed on the phone, sounded like she heard that before. I just want to make sure I get my refund prior to when my CC is due. I am debating if I should start an investigation with AMEX so I don't have to worry about paying that $250, as my bill is due in about 2 weeks.
I'm sure it's happened before... some of my boxes have been heavily damaged. Just let it work its way out. In the event that you don't have a refund within a week, call The Mint and see what's up. I'd only dispute it with your CC the day before the bill is due; give The Mint proper time to solve their issue.

Originally Posted by dingo View Post
I ordered 20 boxes over the weekend and hope it goes better than my first smaller purchase. For that one, I had to wait about six weeks and I really got nervous that the boxes had just been dropped at my place of business over the weekend (when we're closed) and had been boosted.

Do they deliver to a P.O. box? I have one but wasn't sure so I didn't use it.
All of my coins in the past month or so have been UPS Signature Required, so I don't see how they could let them at your place of business unless the driver made a mistake. However, when I first started ordering coins, they didn't require the signature and that made me a little uneasy.

I doubt they'll deliver to a PO box since they seem to always use UPS to ship it.
Old May 12, 09, 7:12 am

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
Originally Posted by dingo View Post
I

My bank has one of those automated coin counting machines available to the customers for free and I'm of the belief that they take dollar coins...we'll see.

Do they deliver to a P.O. box? I have one but wasn't sure so I didn't use it.
What bank is that?
Old May 12, 09, 9:25 am
In memoriam

P.O. Box delivery is fine. I have had several orders sent to a box.
Old May 12, 09, 11:13 am

Yeah !
I'm planning to use them for all of my cash purchases, which tend to be small $ transactions because I use my credit card everywhere else..........
Old May 12, 09, 11:51 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Originally Posted by thebat View Post
What bank is that?
Actually it is a local credit union.
Old May 12, 09, 2:23 pm

Programs: Priority Club Plat Ambassador
Maybe the signature required change is a part of a new promotion they are offering:

Orders with Merchandise valued at $300 or more with a standard delivery option chosen will receive a complimentary upgrade to Expedited Shipping.
Old May 12, 09, 4:40 pm

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
Originally Posted by blankeeta View Post
Maybe the signature required change is a part of a new promotion they are offering:

Orders with Merchandise valued at $300 or more with a standard delivery option chosen will receive a complimentary upgrade to Expedited Shipping.
adding to that maybe that's why orders have been shipping so fast lately? my past 3 orders have come in less than 4 business days.
Old May 12, 09, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by aaron1262 View Post
adding to that maybe that's why orders have been shipping so fast lately? my past 3 orders have come in less than 4 business days.
Wow, that's great! Thanks for the info.
Old May 12, 09, 7:40 pm

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Sorry if this has been asked before, i'm sure it has, this thread is just too long for me to read every post

But does it make a difference if you check out as a guest each time
or if you register? I mean if you registered would they keep better track of your orders and enforce limits???

Any thoughts/experiences?
Old May 12, 09, 7:43 pm

Programs: Priority Club Plat Ambassador
Roll call! it looks like it has been some time since folks have posted how many miles/points they have earned using this method. Can folks share what their current grand total is?
Old May 12, 09, 8:24 pm

Programs: US Platinum, United 1k, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC, Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Gold
Roll call! it looks like it has been some time since folks have posted how many miles/points they have earned using this method. Can folks share what their current grand total is?
Old May 12, 09, 9:09 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Please don't let's not make this a bragging thread with little helpful information. This will just lead to more empty posts filled with dollar amounts and points earned and CC minimum spends met via this promo.

This will then lead to many questions that have been answered ad infinitum, but now are even harder to find because people don't want to read through pages of "woo-hoo! Look what I got!"

Suffice it to say that many, many, many points and miles have been earned, for some people multiple times.

Constant chirping about over-exploitation of a deal can only lead to more scrutiny and attention by those who may want to change the terms and conditions or tighten enforcement of the current terms.
Old May 13, 09, 6:22 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Bof A's license to steal your $1 coins

To those with Bank of America accounts:

B of A changed its policy and now require the coins to be placed in a coin bag which is sent to be counted. So, it can take a few days for the deposit to appear in your account. And breaking the rolls and placing the coins in the bag takes some time. So doing this a couple of times was worth the effort. Until today I got a nasty surprise. I was waiting to see another $750 deposit show up in my account and, to my surprise, I saw only $747!! I am sure they have disclaimer language that what was counted was deposited. I know I placed all the darn coins in the stupid bag, therefore some employee treated him/herself to 3 shiny Native American $1 coins. I am going to stop in my branch today to complain about this and for charging me $12 fee in my business account when I maintained the minimum balance....These guys are out to repay the TARP money so they can treat themselves to more bonuses. Depending on the response, maybe it is time to go with a local bank..

So beware!
Old May 13, 09, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by gpapadop View Post
I was waiting to see another $750 deposit show up in my account and, to my surprise, I saw only $747!! I am sure they have disclaimer language that what was counted was deposited. I know I placed all the darn coins in the stupid bag, therefore some employee treated him/herself to 3 shiny Native American $1 coins.
Several people on here have reported rolls having a coin less than The Mint claimed. So it might not be your bank, but it's tough to prove anything unless you watch them count it.
Old May 13, 09, 7:05 am

Programs: AA LT Gold & Marriott Gold
It's probably the banks coin machine. I recently had the issue with one of my bank's machine counting 112 half dollars on a $2,500 deposit. I had suggested they use a new bag on the machine before they started but they didn't, so they had to recount the entire machine. They still came up $4 short and when I made the point that the US Mint's machines were probably the most accurate as compared to their's, they gave me credit for the $2,500. The most frustraing thing was the 1.5 hour wait while they did the recount. I know, my time is worth more than that, but a $60 error was too much. I won't be using that branch again.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: