Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Old Apr 24, 09, 8:40 am
ecq

Originally Posted by aaron1262 View Post
i asked my teller whether there's a limit on the amuont coins in one month/day etc. and she said there wasnt so let the churning begin! though i think the lady is already getting annoyed. twice in one week but everytime she's the only teller available. I do however take out 1 or 2 rolls out of each box to spend..so im actually circulating them and depositing. good for both worlds
there's a limit of $300 at the TD bank near me. i've been going every day and the guy helping me gave me an attitude today. i really don't care if he's annoyed, it's just extra work he has to do because thye dont' accept rolled coins. poor him.
Old Apr 24, 09, 11:05 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH & HY
Originally Posted by ecq View Post
there's a limit of $300 at the TD bank near me. i've been going every day and the guy helping me gave me an attitude today. i really don't care if he's annoyed, it's just extra work he has to do because thye dont' accept rolled coins. poor him.
So make the right one mad and then they will cause enough fuss at the mint to make the program go "BYE BYE"

Old Apr 24, 09, 11:56 am

Programs: Priority Club Plat./Ambassador; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; UA Silver
Penny

Originally Posted by ecq View Post
TD Bank has generally been very helpful, so long as I only bring in a couple rolls at a time. Since they have several convenient locations and are open extended hours, this isn't too much of a pain. Plus I get prizes (e.g., key chain, plastic bank, shoe shine, tissues, Band Aids) for correctly guessing how many coins I had. When I brought in a few hundred coins and filled their bags, though, they got pretty annoyed. I didn't even get a prize, and I avoid that branch now.
Old Apr 24, 09, 12:26 pm
ecq

Originally Posted by HLS2002 View Post
TD Bank has generally been very helpful, so long as I only bring in a couple rolls at a time. Since they have several convenient locations and are open extended hours, this isn't too much of a pain. Plus I get prizes (e.g., key chain, plastic bank, shoe shine, tissues, Band Aids) for correctly guessing how many coins I had. When I brought in a few hundred coins and filled their bags, though, they got pretty annoyed. I didn't even get a prize, and I avoid that branch now.
i agree they are helpful which is why i was a bit shocked with the attitude of this bank. it was all the employees. around the bank are a lot of businesses and i guess they're tired of non-account holders taking advantages of the penny arcade.

thankfully there are a lot of TD banks. though i've gone to WAMU and they were quite happy to take what I gave them. They said they give it out to other customers. They usually order dollar coins and this saved them from doing so.
Old Apr 29, 09, 9:09 am

I posted earlier that the Mint had promised my husband and me that they would hold our order until we called when we returned from vacation. The order status even changed to hold when I checked online.

Well, we haven't left yet--and thank goodness, because UPS made their first delivery attempt this morning. I sure hope the entire $2500 order was shipped at once, because if it wasn't, it's going to be a problem.
Old Apr 29, 09, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mareh View Post
I posted earlier that the Mint had promised my husband and me that they would hold our order until we called when we returned from vacation. The order status even changed to hold when I checked online.

Well, we haven't left yet--and thank goodness, because UPS made their first delivery attempt this morning. I sure hope the entire $2500 order was shipped at once, because if it wasn't, it's going to be a problem.
Not really But

I got 1 order on a Fri, teh next came Mon morn (had a Mion night flight-Intl) the other 2 orders came on Tues and Weds since our UPS driver normally will sign for Us he told me just leave a note on the door not to leave any pkgs. I did.

They tried the morn I returned (got back at night) when I checked online I saw the pkgs were already flown to their depot for a return delievery the next day to The Mint

Sinc ethe CC bill was gonna be due before the refund appeared we called the CC and disputed the charge only after The Mint replace the order but the next day told me it goes back into reg rotation, we then CXed it completely.

within 1 week we got the emails from The Mint that the refund was processed

so the only problem will be not getting any Miles etc for the purchase
Old Apr 29, 09, 9:26 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Programs: US Platinum, United 1k, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC, Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mareh View Post
From my experience, they won't put more than $2500 (10 boxes) in one large box for shipping, so you should be golden, unless something was on back-order.
Old Apr 29, 09, 9:41 am

Only the Andrew Jackson and James Madison coins (aside from the NA coins) are still in stock. Hopefully they will make additional coins available as part of the direct ship program in the near future! If you have have not jumped on this deal people, make sure to do so while you still can.
Old Apr 29, 09, 10:12 am

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
according to the website, the Harrison coins were already suppose to have already come out on Feb 18, but i don't see them? Or maybe they sold out before i found out about this? Also, look out for the John Tyler coins supposedly coming out on May 21st.
Old Apr 29, 09, 10:59 am

I placed two $7K orders. Neither shipped, and the authorizations on my credit card were cancelled within about two weeks of the orders. Looks like I'm SOL.

Is there a chance these orders might be resurrected? It's been about a month.
Old Apr 29, 09, 11:11 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by josephstern View Post
I placed two $7K orders. Neither shipped, and the authorizations on my credit card were cancelled within about two weeks of the orders. Looks like I'm SOL.

The credit card authorizations will naturally fall off in a couple of weeks. The card company assumes that the purchase was not made. Bottom line, until you hear directly from the Mint that the order is dead, it is not.
Old Apr 29, 09, 11:54 am

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
Originally Posted by josephstern View Post

i think the first time you order it takes a lot longer because of address verification? the first time i ordered it took over a month before i received anything. but after that my orders have been coming within two weeks sometimes less. quickest order shipped 4 days after placement but they used USPS/Fedex so it took nearly a week before i received the package.
Old Apr 29, 09, 12:29 pm

Programs: Priority Club Plat./Ambassador; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; UA Silver
Originally Posted by aaron1262 View Post
according to the website, the Harrison coins were already suppose to have already come out on Feb 18, but i don't see them? Or maybe they sold out before i found out about this? Also, look out for the John Tyler coins supposedly coming out on May 21st.
Aaron, I think you're referring to the Mint's general release date for those coins. They are releasing on this schedule, but not in the direct ship program. As far as I know, Martin van Buren was never available through direct ship. I have some WHH coins already, but I had to get them by walking into a Mint office -- not through direct ship.
Old Apr 29, 09, 11:00 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold & Marriott Gold
I ordered 5 different Presidents on March 27th and they are scheduled to arrive April 30th. 3 of the 5 are now sold out and have been for more that a week. Looks like when the reserve the coins they actually do.
Old Apr 30, 09, 7:30 am

my local wachovia branch takes the sealed rolls, with no limit and no requirement to use a coin counter. i don't know if that will change once their merger goes through.

but my situation may be unique - i discovered yesterday that my regular teller is a coin collector. to a small degree, i am too (i break open one roll of each type of coin i get, to save some for my kids), but he told me that he goes through his coin drawer every day in the hopes of finding something special. for all i know, he could be buying from his bank the coins i deposit!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: