Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Old Apr 19, 09, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by ecq View Post
The receipt does say only shipped 10 boxes instead of 20. and I have the coin machine receipt that says 2499, yes they jipped me $1.
Or the coin machine did.
Old Apr 19, 09, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by ecq View Post
what i didn't want to happen, happened. i posted that i received 2500 NA coins on 4/7. well finally got the email on friday but they're charging me for 5000 coins! so i called and of course cs didn't know what was going on. she said to wait until later next week because something was shipped on friday but she doesnt know what. i didn't receive an email on that one so who knows. presidents was shipped on the 15th and received an email for that one.

hopefully the rest of the 2500 NA will be shipped otherwise it'll be a messy problem. the receipt does say only shipped 10 boxes instead of 20. and i have the coin machine receipt that says 2499, yes they jipped me $1.
Same exact thing happened to me! Ordered 5,000 worth of NA coins and they only shipped 2,500 coins on 4/08 (which I receivedvia next day air the next day). The paper included in my order also said that they shipped 10 of 20 boxes. This past Thursday, I get an e-mail saying that my order of 20 boxes had shiped on 4/16. My credit card was laso charged for the full 5k. However, the tracking number they give me was for the box that shipped on 4/08. I put a call in to customer service on Firday and they said they would look into this matter and that I should call back on Monday. What a mess!! It will become even more of a mess if they don't locate that last box. This is turning into a nightmare.
Old Apr 19, 09, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by deant View Post
Or the coin machine did.
My money is on the coin machine!
Old Apr 19, 09, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by nssfly View Post
Same exact thing happened to me! Ordered 5,000 worth of NA coins and they only shipped 2,500 coins on 4/08 (which I receivedvia next day air the next day). The paper included in my order also said that they shipped 10 of 20 boxes. This past Thursday, I get an e-mail saying that my order of 20 boxes had shiped on 4/16. My credit card was laso charged for the full 5k. However, the tracking number they give me was for the box that shipped on 4/08. I put a call in to customer service on Firday and they said they would look into this matter and that I should call back on Monday. What a mess!! It will become even more of a mess if they don't locate that last box. This is turning into a nightmare.
Wow, it's good to be aware that this is happening w/these orders. Hopefully all will be sorted out for both of your orders -- expeditiously!
Old Apr 19, 09, 2:59 pm
ecq

Originally Posted by nssfly View Post
ok. so someone in shipping messed up, what's new. update us or me (just pm me), i'd like to know what happens. they shipped around the same time and our stories are similiar.

i'm just going to let my credit card company figure this out if the mint doesn't.
Old Apr 19, 09, 5:45 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold & Marriott Gold
First, read my post #1959 about the shipping issue. Yesterday the tracking number I received from the CSR finally showed up on UPS showing a delivery date of 4/20/09, Next Day Air. The 2nd tracking number still doesn't show on the US Mint site. I will bet I'll receive the 2nd 10 NA's on Monday AM. I'll post when they arrive. The UPS report also shows a weight of 1 lb., kinda light for 10 boxes since the 1st 10 showed 51.7 lbs. ALso, on Friday my credit card was charged the full $5,000 for the entire order, the 1st 10 were delivered on 4/8/09.
Old Apr 19, 09, 5:59 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by UA Fan View Post
I just deposited 3,750 worth of coins at my local Citibank and they finally snapped (almost). the manager was not in and so they told me that I would soon get a letter stating that there would be a limit of how many coins I could bring in. they feel they are spending money shipping it back to the Feds.
Nothing against you personally, but I do wish they would just cut all of you down real low. Especially since some try to be so blatant about it and then have to brag about it.
Old Apr 19, 09, 6:03 pm

This is not supposed to be a thread about:

Hey I deposited $###.## today.

So what! You have not added anything to the thread. What new and innovative way to use the coins have you come up with? That would be worth posting. When or how long did it take to get your coins? There is a new coin available. Those are worth posting.

Please get with the program or at least clam up about deposits.

Last edited by EasternTraveler; Apr 20, 09 at 7:39 am Reason: Taking my own advice
Old Apr 19, 09, 6:07 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Programs: US Platinum, United 1k, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC, Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler View Post
Nothing against you personally, but I do wish they would just cut all of you down real low. Especially since some try to be so blatant about it and then have to brag about it.
Why wish that? If the bank doesn't have a policy on coin deposits, there's nothing wrong with taking in any amount that one desires. If they have a company policy (or even a branch policy) that a customer cannot deposit more than $x in coins per deposit/day/week/etc, then that's fine. However, to impose limits on one person that isn't breaking any bank policies is crap, IMO.
Old Apr 19, 09, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler View Post
Why wish that? If the bank doesn't have a policy on coin deposits, there's nothing wrong with taking in any amount that one desires. If they have a company policy (or even a branch policy) that a customer cannot deposit more than $x in coins per deposit/day/week/etc, then that's fine. However, to impose limits on one person that isn't breaking any bank policies is crap, IMO.
Primarialy because some people are doing it and then publicly flaunting it, like it is a mark of honor. When in reality it is a mark of lack of creativity. Lack of respect for others and a great example of trying to kill the "Golden Goose"

So I will be laughing when someone goes to make a deposit and the branch says sorry we only take $100.00 per day from a customer.
Old Apr 19, 09, 7:11 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
So what, your not special. You have not added anything to the thread. What new and innovative way to use the coins have you come up with? That would be worth posting. When or how long did it take to get your coins? There is a new coin available. Those are worth posting. God is good all the time! Are you a good ambassador!
So what, you're not so clearly special either. You have not added anything to the thread. What new and innovative way to use the coins have you come up with? That would be worth posting. When or how long did it take to get your coins? There is a new coin available. Those are worth posting.
Old Apr 20, 09, 7:18 am
ecq

nm

Last edited by ecq; Apr 20, 09 at 7:39 am
Old Apr 20, 09, 7:45 am

mine shipped too
Example of posting information.
Old Apr 20, 09, 7:47 am

Not a chance of that. There are so many ways to use them. One of my favorites is selling them to restaurants to use a change. Oh how they love them. I can't get enough.
Since I was accused of not posting any ways that I use the coins. Here is another of my posts.
Old Apr 20, 09, 7:48 am

I have ordered and received several thousand dollars of coins and I am not done yet.

I have not deposited the first coin yet and do not intend to. Way too many ways to use them otherwise.

Since I was accused of not posting any ways that I use the coins. Here is another of my posts.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: