Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2009, 11:09 am

Programs: Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, Hilton Silver, Very Confused
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
I have an order from 2/26 that's still on hold. I called and they verified all of my info and she put me on hold for ~5 minutes. She came back and told me that everything was fine with the order and to wait ANOTHER WEEK! It's already been 3 when they claim 1-2 weeks.
What's worse is that even though they haven't done anything with the order, it's already maked as In Process so they won't let you cancel it even though it's gone past their shipping window. And no updates to let you know that there is a delay in the order, you have to call and sit on hold to find out they have no estimate of a shipping date.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 11:21 am

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
I have an order from 2/26 that's still on hold. I called and they verified all of my info and she put me on hold for ~5 minutes. She came back and told me that everything was fine with the order and to wait ANOTHER WEEK! It's already been 3 when they claim 1-2 weeks.

I now have about 15k in outstanding orders with them...
Perhaps that is part of the problem. The most anyone could have ever ordered under this program is $8,500 ($500 x 7 Presidents, and $5,000 for the NAs). The US Mint is probably trying to sort out which of your outstanding orders are within the parameters of their rules.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA lifetime gold, starwood fanatic
Got my order in. $5000.00 in NA and all the limits on the pres coins. My Credit Union is going to think this is some kind of scam. So far 8000 SPG points towards next years Europe trip.

I really wonder how much of the US mints business is coming from Flyer Talk right now.

Thanks
Derek
Old Mar 19, 2009, 2:10 pm

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle
Perhaps that is part of the problem. The most anyone could have ever ordered under this program is $8,500 ($500 x 7 Presidents, and $5,000 for the NAs). The US Mint is probably trying to sort out which of your outstanding orders are within the parameters of their rules.
8500 per year? i think it could be more because the NA have availability on and off..and it's 5000 per order so you can definitely order more than that every year depending on how often it's available.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA lifetime gold, starwood fanatic
I wonder if thats true. Any one try it? If you are limited to 5000 per order cant I just order another 5000 now and possibly continue until they run out?
Old Mar 19, 2009, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Originally Posted by aaron1262
8500 per year? i think it could be more because the NA have availability on and off..and it's 5000 per order so you can definitely order more than that every year depending on how often it's available.
If you've followed this thread for any length of time, you would know that is a completely different interpretation of the limits than the US Mint has applied to this program in the past. Maybe, they are more lax than they used to be, but the limit was always based on some form of address/household -- not per year or per order, no matter how it is worded on the Mint's website.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle
If you've followed this thread for any length of time, you would know that is a completely different interpretation of the limits than the US Mint has applied to this program in the past. Maybe, they are more lax than they used to be, but the limit was always based on some form of address/household -- not per year or per order, no matter how it is worded on the Mint's website.
ive been trying to read through this entire thread but it's too much over 100 pages and counting now.

anyways if what you are saying is true it's quite deceptive because that's how any normal person would interpret it. (5000 per order..it does not say that it limits you to 5000 per/year or per/month..etc.) they should just outright tell us what the true limit is per person/household or whatever the "official rules/regulations" are. but im sure you can get around this with different addresses.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 8:49 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by aaron1262
but im sure you can get around this with different addresses.
not so if they match up the shipping address and the CCs address and they do ask if it is 1 and the same

A friend overseas uses my CC with some sites since they wont allow a CC that doesnt match up with the address on the CC and they wont ship Overseas.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 9:05 pm

Programs: ROP
They shipped part of my order from 2/21 yesterday.

Truth to be told, I'd rather have them leave it at the door. Missed the delivery today.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 10:54 am

Programs: UA MP, DL SkyMiles
Today suddenly both my orders - from March 2 and March 17 are showing status as "In Process". Wonder how much longer to actually ship those.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 4:04 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
In the past 3 days I have received all my orders back to 1/28 by UPS Next Day shipping. Every morning the UPS guy has shown up with a very heavy $2500 box and needs a signature. Finally the mint is off their butt and moving the coins out. So now I am looking at $12K of coins that I am spending at toll booths and drive thrus and anywhere I would not use the amex card. This summer they will go to our shop for change in lieu of $1 bills
BTW, if you need them to take up less space, remove the plastic trays and stand the rolls on end, you get $500 per box that way, much easier to count!
Also the edge stamping on the natives is really hard to read.

JudyJFLA
Old Mar 20, 2009, 6:50 pm

Received two orders today, one from mid-February and one from January 26.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by pueywei
They shipped part of my order from 2/21 yesterday.

Truth to be told, I'd rather have them leave it at the door. Missed the delivery today.
yeah me too.
Old Mar 21, 2009, 11:29 am

the order i placed this week just dropped off my pending charges on my CC account. now there's nothing.. I was going to wait it out since it's been known to take a long time to actually receive anything, but since it the charge just dropped off should i give them a call?
Old Mar 21, 2009, 1:32 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
This thread should be called 'How not to make friends at the bank...'

This morning, I walked in with $5K worth of coins. Needless to say, the ladies behind the counter were not too impressed. Ultimately, they did take the coins (especially after I told them how it was a wedding gift from a quirky uncle), but they sure did some whining the whole time.

Realizing I'm earning 5K SPG points made it tolerable...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.