Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Old Jul 24, 2011, 3:59 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by MojaveJack
Obviously "BigCrumbs link Chicago Seminar Oct 28-30, 2011 Discount GiftCards" is there by design and are intended to be revenue streams.
An FT signature should not be a personal flee market stall.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 4:03 pm

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, SkyMiles, PriorityClub, HHonors
Originally Posted by dayone
An FT signature should not be a personal flee market stall.
^^^

I AGREE with you! But if you follow any of those 3 links, you'll find they lead to sites that obviously are intended to generate $$$ for the owner.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 4:05 pm

^^^

I AGREE with you! But if you follow any of those 3 links, you'll find they lead to sites that obviously are intended to generate $$$ for the owner.
I don't know about you, but every time I get on Flyertalk I see banner ads which makes money for some people as well. I have a feeling this thread alone has made some $$$ after seeing the number of visits it has generated for the site.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 4:12 pm

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, SkyMiles, PriorityClub, HHonors
Originally Posted by Astrophsx
I don't know about you, but every time I get on Flyertalk I see banner ads which makes money for some people as well. I have a feeling this thread alone has made some $$$ after seeing the number of visits it has generated for the site.
True, but those banner ads support THIS SITE and give us a FREE forum to discuss ideas.

A user putting in their own ad is for their personal profit and primarily only benefits them.

Not really the same.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 4:20 pm

True, but those banner ads support THIS SITE and give us a FREE forum to discuss ideas.

A user putting in their own ad is for their personal profit and primarily only benefits them.

Not really the same.
We all know it is not the same but when a member gets caught with his hand in the cookie jar he will make up any kind of BS to confuse the issue.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 4:28 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by QL_714
We all know it is not the same but when a member gets caught with his hand in the cookie jar he will make up any kind of BS to confuse the issue.
I knew if we kept posting in the same thread for long enough we'd agree on something
Old Jul 24, 2011, 4:29 pm

Multiple times we have seen actions of self promoting on these boards lead to a clipping of our wings. To be ok with being a pig at the cost of the rest of the FT members is disappointing. But these are relatively new people (1-2yrs) to FT and my guess is that they've learned their lesson and now keep their deals private. All while trumpeting the "man of the people" mantra.

Last edited by Ken in Phx; Jul 24, 2011 at 4:35 pm
Old Jul 24, 2011, 4:32 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, Sutherlands Lumber
narcissism
Old Jul 24, 2011, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by QL_714
What cookie jar? Shocked you haven't turned on your friend MarathonMan for getting NPR to call him for a chat... seems this deal went south shortly after his conversation with them.

BTW QL_714 you can still purchase Amex Gift cards and earn an extra 1.6%, great if you are trying to meet your required spend quickly. Wasn't sure if you were aware it was still going strong
Old Jul 24, 2011, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
I knew if we kept posting in the same thread for long enough we'd agree on something
Law of probability.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by Ken in Phx
Multiple times we have seen actions of self promoting on these boards lead to a clipping of our wings. To be ok with being a pig at the cost of the rest of the FT members is disappointing. But these are relatively new people (1-2yrs) to FT and my guess is that they've learned their lesson and now keep their deals private. All while trumpeting the "man of the people" mantra.
How about the “one” that pretends that nothing ever happened?
Old Jul 24, 2011, 7:22 pm

Closed for good this time. The sentimentality thread can stay open another couple of days, or until the personal attacks start there...

Last edited by aviators99; Jul 24, 2011 at 9:02 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.