Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2009, 11:05 am

I just received notification that my order (2 boxes of NA) made on 2/16 was shipped yesterday (3/13) and scheduled to arrive on 3/16.

However, still no news on another order made on 2/18 (different cc, same address). Hopefully, will hear something real soon.

alextktan
Old Mar 14, 2009, 11:15 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by alextktan
I just received notification that my order (2 boxes of NA) made on 2/16 was shipped yesterday (3/13) and scheduled to arrive on 3/16.

However, still no news on another order made on 2/18 (different cc, same address). Hopefully, will hear something real soon.

alextktan
I got a similar email last night saying that my $1500 worth of NA's ordered on FEB 11th were finally shipped.
Old Mar 15, 2009, 8:23 pm

Programs: WN,UA,AA,
It took a month to fulfill the NA shipment. May be Mint should hire more people as a part of stimulus package.
Old Mar 15, 2009, 10:37 pm

Programs: DL, NW, Choice Hotels Gold Elite
Hearing that it is taking a month makes me feel a little better about ordering from them. I called on March 11 about an order that was made on Feb 25. The CSR wasn't very helpful, and just told me that, "as the website says, it can take 2-3 weeks to process your order." I told her that the website actually says 1-2 weeks and that it has been 2 weeks. She wasn't able to do anything other than tell me to have patience.

I'm not sure if security breaches and month-long waiting periods are worth the miles.

I'll update when they arrive... or if I have to call the Mint again.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 6:44 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Placed two orders a couple of weeks ago. One order was for 10 boxes of the NA and the other order was for a total of 8 boxes of various presidents. According to the phone automated system, they are performing "additional credit card and address checks". I know the cc company showed the request / credit hold but that dropped off after 10 days.

The last time I actually talked to a CSR, they just repeated what the automated system said. Anyone have any luck getting a CSR to actually help get an order released or should I just consider it a lost cause?
Old Mar 16, 2009, 7:41 pm

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
just to test this out. placed an order today and just checked my credit card account online and my available credit dropped. if this works i will sign up for the SPG CC that gives me miles... as a student i only have 1 card now that only gives me 1% cash back. sorta still building up my credit. finally might have found a way to pay my tuition using my CC(though the extra hoops and hurdles). my school is stupid and charges a 2.5% fee for CC payments. And NO im not going to use the coins to pay for my tuition if that's what you're thinking!
Old Mar 16, 2009, 7:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by aaron1262
just to test this out. placed an order today and just checked my credit card account online and my available credit dropped. if this works i will sign up for the SPG CC that gives me miles... as a student i only have 1 card now that only gives me 1% cash back. sorta still building up my credit. finally might have found a way to pay my tuition using my CC(though the extra hoops and hurdles). my school is stupid and charges a 2.5% fee for CC payments. And NO im not going to use the coins to pay for my tuition if that's what you're thinking!
That is not a bad idea... I am a student too, and one school I was attending recently switched to charging 2.5% and dropped Visa ... so will see what happens...
Old Mar 16, 2009, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
My order from 18 February just generated a shipment confirmation e-mail.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 8:19 pm
Formerly known as rwk32882

Programs: IHTFP, AS 75k, AA EXP, AC 75k, ex-UA 1K, Ex-BD *G (RIP), SPG Gold
Wow... my NA coin shipment email just came in. I do believe this is the heaviest package I've ever received via UPS Next Day air.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
First time I've received a shipment message before the coins were on my doorstop.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 12:22 am

Programs: AA Plat, BA, UA, AS, DL. HH diamond, IHG Platinum
Well, I just went ahead and ordered again, since my order from 2/28 has not posted on my credit card and with the new account features I can't track the order. Really I just wanted the AAdvantage miles bonus, but I guess I can always use the extra miles from the purchase if I end up getting both. Although it would be hilarious to pay my tuition with $1 coins. Too bad I doubt they my university would even accept a payment in person; they love making you pay online so they can charge that 3% CC fee if you don't have a banking account on file.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 9:02 am

Ok, just got a confirmation for $250 shipping from my 2/19 order. It has 3 tracking numbers but they show invalid at USPS, UPS, and FedEx? Guess when they get here I'll have them and maybe eventually more of my order will come?
Old Mar 17, 2009, 9:07 am

Does the US Mint restock coins that are currently unavailable or is the NA coin deal dead? Should have jumped on this earlier.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 11:03 am

Location: (not Montana. Nor is my name really Helena, nor am I female)
Programs: Delta, USAirways, Starwood, Priority Club, Marriott, Amex
NA coins available NOW! up to $5000

Originally Posted by nssfly
Does the US Mint restock coins that are currently unavailable or is the NA coin deal dead? Should have jumped on this earlier.
Jump on it right now! I just checked the site and the NA coins are once again showing availability. I had already bought 2 boxes and just completed an order for 18 more. Typically these sporadic periods of availability do not last long.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 11:44 am

Programs: UA, Marriott, WN
Originally Posted by Helena Handbaskets
Jump on it right now! I just checked the site and the NA coins are once again showing availability. I had already bought 2 boxes and just completed an order for 18 more. Typically these sporadic periods of availability do not last long.
Crap, I went in, everything said available until I hit place order and now I only have a charge for 4.95 for shipping, no coins. What the crap....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.