Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2011, 11:41 am

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
Originally Posted by Astrophsx
I don't know about you but BigCrumbs is still working great for me. Shouldn't there be a new thread with everyone's lifetime totals with the Mint?
I totally agree that there SHOULD be a new thread where everyone posts all of the free trips and number of miles accumulated with this program since 2005. Some popped up earlier in this thread, and a subsequent one, and I was laughing really well.

As for orders that the MINT threatens to cancel before 07/22, I think no one should cancel them if they are still on the books and the MINT should fulfill them. I mean, the MINT should do what they are supposed to do ... circulate the coins and fulfill those legit orders. The MINT is hurting UPS, card-board box makers, shipper/receivers, IT personnel, and more.

At this time, for the US MINT to ask for checks, MOs, or wire transfers to ship coins 1 for 1, is by far the stupidest idea coming from a US Government entity dealing with cash. "Give us a grand, we'll give you a grand." That's nuts----that's what a checking account gives for interest. FF Miles were not the reason the MINT halted the program, IMHO......that was just a scape goat......it was another reason because they canned all CCs.

Show me where I can buy $100.00 bills. Wait! Where can I buy 100 Chinese Yuan notes

Spock Seat. :-:
Old Jul 24, 2011, 12:20 pm

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Spock Seat
At this time, for the US MINT to ask for checks, MOs, or wire transfers to ship coins 1 for 1, is by far the stupidest idea coming from a US Government entity dealing with cash. "Give us a grand, we'll give you a grand." That's nuts----that's what a checking account gives for interest.

Spock Seat. :-:
Yeah, people say that when they've kicked heroin too. But what are we going to do when the 2012 NAs come out and we hear the coins calling to us, saying, come on. . .just one box. . .what will it hurt. . .you know you can quit any time you want. . ."

Memories, light the corners of my mind
Misty watercolor memories of the way we were.
Scattered pictures of the smiles we left behind
smiles we give to one another
for the way we were.
Can it be that it was all so simple then
or has time rewritten every line?
If we had the chance to do it all again
tell me would we? Could we?

Memories, may be beautiful and yet
what's too painful to remember
we simply choose to forget
So it's the laughter we will remember
whenever we remember
the way we were.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
Originally Posted by Carl Johnson
Yeah, people say that when they've kicked heroin too. But what are we going to do when the 2012 NAs come out and we hear the coins calling to us, saying, come on. . .just one box. . .what will it hurt. . .you know you can quit any time you want. . ."
LOL. I think the US Mint will reinstate the direct circulation program with CCs. You wait and see.

Spock Seat.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 1:06 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
No way they will just build a larger building to store the coins...with Union Labor...

Can you imagine when they find out 99% of the coins were being bought by FF members..
Old Jul 24, 2011, 1:13 pm

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, SkyMiles, PriorityClub, HHonors
That's because the junkies miss the high. Where's the HIGH without the FFMs/CC Reward?
Old Jul 24, 2011, 1:18 pm
Suspended

Two weeks ago, I made my first order. It was for a mere $250. I was actually planning to use the coins. A few days ago, they cancelled my order.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Everything you say is true, but the people criticizing you don't even deserve any response at all. Blaming you for the demise of a program that lasted THREE YEARS? You posted your pictures TWO YEARS AGO, and at the time you were posting pictures, anybody could have gotten as many coins as they wanted, more than you if they wanted to do it and could get the banks to take them.
There are many here that would have never heard about the program if it weren't for mrpickles. All of his pictures and postings of his extravagant purchases were back a long time ago, and yet the program survived and newbies hopped onboard. He hasn't even been much of a presence here lately. The WSJ article panicked all of us but didn't kill the program either. The NPR thing was the catalyst this time, IMO. Maybe Jackie Speier doesn't read the WSJ.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 1:34 pm

Programs: HH Gold
Its ok just take a deep breath.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 2:13 pm

Surely our two attention #%$@ buddies know their actions directly affected the rests ability to buy coins. When you open a twitter or website to promote they flaw or crack in the system and then they shut it down. I think you should smarten up. Sure Big Crumbs still works for you Astro you pimped out the AX for Mint coins route instead of quietly going about your business. As for Pickles I dont hate you Sir, I am disappointed that your actions of "look at me" and the publication of the roundabouts led to the 1st mint slowdown and eventually its stoppage. You certainly cant rub someones face in how to are getting over on them. I'll be interested to see your new posts on new earning ideas unless you plan to keep them to yourself
Old Jul 24, 2011, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
New Coin thread

This thread was started by someone about the end of the coin program with stories people that were part of the program are sharing. The people that actually participated in the program might enjoy this:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...ories-etc.html
Old Jul 24, 2011, 3:15 pm

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, SkyMiles, PriorityClub, HHonors
Originally Posted by Ken in Phx
Surely our two attention #%$@ buddies know their actions directly affected the rests ability to buy coins. When you open a twitter or website to promote they flaw or crack in the system and then they shut it down. I think you should smarten up. Sure Big Crumbs still works for you Astro you pimped out the AX for Mint coins route instead of quietly going about your business. As for Pickles I dont hate you Sir, I am disappointed that your actions of "look at me" and the publication of the roundabouts led to the 1st mint slowdown and eventually its stoppage. You certainly cant rub someones face in how to are getting over on them. I'll be interested to see your new posts on new earning ideas unless you plan to keep them to yourself
I've been wondering if this might be by design.

It reminds of those infomercial pitchmen trying to sell ways to easy money through real estate foreclosures and distressed property sales. "Look at how much money I made and how YOU CAN TOO." If they can continue to make so much, why spread the info? Disseminating the info means more competition and less opportunities. Unless of course you drop out (if you were ever really in) and SELL that info. Then you make money from those tripping over each other to buy your "expertise." Potentially more lucrative for less effort/investment.

Obviously "BigCrumbs link Chicago Seminar Oct 28-30, 2011 Discount GiftCards" is there by design and are intended to be revenue streams. Nothing wrong with making a profit, but I've come to question the motives, especially in lite of:

Originally Posted by mrpickles
Blatant jealousy.

Truth is, when an opportunity like this arises hit it HARD, FAST and for as much as you can. Call me a pig, it won't be the first time.

Yes there are many other opportunities out there, and I have many in play.

All I did is show with the coins that you don't need to be shy and play with $500 when you can play with $50k a day.

So hate me for it.

Makes you wonder.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 3:21 pm

My guess is that some of the ideas that get discovered wont make the light of day. Its OK to trample someone else's deal but I can see where they'll keep their own deals close to the vest.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by satman40
No way they will just build a larger building to store the coins...with Union Labor...

Can you imagine when they find out 99% of the coins were being bought by FF members..
You are lucky if half were bought by FF members. My guess is 20 - 25% and that would be on the high side!
Old Jul 24, 2011, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by ejs621
Who are the "we" you are quoting? On the other hand we ALL know what your reaction would be!

Cheers!
Do you want me to list the WE’s from MP, FWF or here? Never mind I don’t have a couple of days to kill to compile the list!

I love another one of your great original comebacks.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
no sympathy here. we all got what we needed and more.
It took some time but DD got what he wanted also!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.