Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2011, 6:56 pm

Programs: Several dozen
Now that the deal is dead, all you guilt ridden coin schleppers and wannabee coin schleppers will be relieved to know that you could have bought millions of coins using the "add to wish list feature" on the mint that never ran you through the mint's intended purpose agreement statement. There was never an ethical dilema to any coin order run through that route. The mint pulled of one of the biggest con jobs I have ever seen in my professional life in an effort to discourage citizens from legally making a profit! Give the mint a Nobel for their success at pulling a fast one over on the unsuspecting American public.

Originally Posted by unicon
I had never ordered these coins till now as I found all the effort needed for a few thousand miles to be not worth it (plus may be the ethical dilemma also created a mental blockage). But I recently got the 2 AA 75K offer cards which require 2x4K spend in 6 months and suddenly the effort needed and questionable ethics became worth it :-). So I go to the website today to place my first order and see the offer is gone. Well at least now I can comfort myself that I didn't have to compromise my ethics for some stupid miles .

I'll be able to meet the spending limit anyway, just that the coins would have helped me reach there faster.

Last edited by AlohaDaveKennedy; Jul 24, 2011 at 9:27 am
Old Jul 23, 2011, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingHigh20
........... A far better alternative for them should've been to cut the limit of $500 every ten days, or something along those lines, rather than killing it all together.
Or, how about $500 every 30 days? (It's a shame so many had no ethics.)
Old Jul 23, 2011, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by KenfromDE
Or, how about $500 every 30 days? (It's a shame so many had no ethics.)
For most people $500 a month wouldn't be worth the time. I could easilly go through $1,000 every 10 days, as could many others.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 10:17 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
Npw that the deal is dead, all you guilt ridden coin schleppers and wannabee coin schleppers will be relieved to know that you could have bought millions of coins using the "add to wish list feature" on the mint that never ran you through the mint's intended purpose agreement statement. There was never an ethical dilema to any coin order run through that route. The mint pulled of one of the biggest con jobs I have ever seen in my professional life in an effort to discourage citizens from legally making a profit! Give the mint a Nobel for their success at pulling a fast one over on the unsuspecting American public.
Of course, my comment was more toungue in cheek than a serious one. Given that I was about to buy the coins under the lure of much higher no. of miles means that ethics were not the biggest detriment but the laziness of going through all the effort everytime for a few thousand miles. But now since I can not buy them anyway, why not rationalize it to make myself happy .
Old Jul 24, 2011, 2:51 am

Programs: UAL 1MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA 3MM
Originally Posted by Ken in Phx
I would be more likely to place blame on Pickles or Astro for this sped up shutdown. Pickles was flaunting how he got around the system with the pictures and step by step process all to drive traffic to his site. Same with Astro and his pimping of AX cards thru BigCrumbs all to get the extra referral fee. Shame that deals die due to stupidity but hopefully they have learned their lessons as they are much quieter about their current deals and dont let everyone in on them.
Blatant jealousy.

Truth is, when an opportunity like this arises hit it HARD, FAST and for as much as you can. Call me a pig, it won't be the first time.

Yes there are many other opportunities out there, and I have many in play.

All I did is show with the coins that you don't need to be shy and play with $500 when you can play with $50k a day.

So hate me for it.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by Ken in Phx
I would be more likely to place blame on Pickles or Astro for this sped up shutdown. Pickles was flaunting how he got around the system with the pictures and step by step process all to drive traffic to his site. Same with Astro and his pimping of AX cards thru BigCrumbs all to get the extra referral fee. Shame that deals die due to stupidity but hopefully they have learned their lessons as they are much quieter about their current deals and dont let everyone in on them.
I don't know about you but BigCrumbs is still working great for me.

Shouldn't there be a new thread with everyone's lifetime totals with the Mint?
Old Jul 24, 2011, 8:41 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
False. It's been done, it can still be done.
How? As dweick noted, if you could buy a money order without a fee or a cash advance charge, you could forget the whole coins things and just deposit the money order in the bank. You could wrap up a ton of miles. tls
Old Jul 24, 2011, 8:49 am

Some just want their names in the lights. Pimping out the Amex deal was pretty low. That is why both now have to now settle for crumbs on the floor that fall from the table.

Let’s not forget where most of the blame should go. This tread is the direct or indirect source for every single article I have seen. While there has not been any new information for months this thread has remained open. I guess we all know why!
Old Jul 24, 2011, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by QL_714
Some just want their names in the lights. Pimping out the Amex deal was pretty low. That is why both now have to now settle for crumbs on the floor that fall from the table.

Let’s not forget where most of the blame should go. This tread is the direct or indirect source for every single article I have seen. While there has not been any new information for months this thread has remained open. I guess we all know why!
You sure seem to be very active in this thread/conversation even though you claim to have never ordered a single coin.

What about detailing Amex GC's is low? People are still ordering tons of them and a lot of people are glad the info was shared.

I'll leave the blame game up to people who can't act like adults. I appreciate the helpful info people were willing to share when I first started! Great while it lasted.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by Astrophsx
...you claim to have never ordered a single coin.
You tell a lie long enough and often enough you start to believe it yourself!
Old Jul 24, 2011, 9:18 am

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
You can still buy Gold Eagles with a CC, and I have done well over the years...

Will miss the coins, but churning CC is a far better deal...

What is the Government going to do with all those coins, store them or pay down the debt..Another WAIST of money...When this is over they will see how many we really bought....Cars for CASH....Welfare is a way of life...and power to the gate keepers...
Old Jul 24, 2011, 9:23 am

Programs: Several dozen
Or more, Mr. P., much more. We just didn't go public over at The South Texas Coin Laundry. Privately training folks was our style. Also didn't care about status - our game was all about racking up countries and continents.

So see you down at the unemployment line, or not. Pretty sure all the members of the million dollar club are diversified in their business operations. Sharks gotta do what sharks gotta do.

Originally Posted by mrpickles
All I did is show with the coins that you don't need to be shy and play with $500 when you can play with $50k a day.

So hate me for it.
mrpickles likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 9:32 am

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mrpickles
Blatant jealousy.

Truth is, when an opportunity like this arises hit it HARD, FAST and for as much as you can. Call me a pig, it won't be the first time.

Yes there are many other opportunities out there, and I have many in play.

So hate me for it.
Everything you say is true, but the people criticizing you don't even deserve any response at all. Blaming you for the demise of a program that lasted THREE YEARS? You posted your pictures TWO YEARS AGO, and at the time you were posting pictures, anybody could have gotten as many coins as they wanted, more than you if they wanted to do it and could get the banks to take them. During the years C.E., I bought less than two tons, but I bought all I wanted. I had some goals I wanted to achieve and I achieved them. I didn't buy more because I didn't want to haul to the bank any more than I was hauling to the bank.

Everybody else who bought coins did it based on balancing their needs and the burden of depositing them. What you did had nothing to do with what anybody else did or was able to do. Blatant jealousy as you say, but irrationality maybe even more than jealousy.

The Mint did everything they did based on getting their goals met. They cleaned out the 2009 NAs in 2009. They finished cleaning out the available Presidents this year. During the time of the publicity over the WSJ article, yeah, they stopped the NAs, but I noticed that they allowed you to order Presidents as often as you wanted. So obviously, they stopped the NAs because they ran out of NAs, but they quietly took the caps off the Presidents. This was done because of publicity generated by you? I think not.

The program stopped because the Mint achieved its goals. They cleaned out the Presidents, cleaned out the NAs, made money for the taxpayer, and shifted the burden of storing the coins from the American taxpayer to the Federal Reserve, which works in the interest of banks and not the American public.

It's true that you were entitled to buy as many coins as you wanted and publicize what you did however you wanted, it is also true that nothing you did caused the demise of the program.
mrpickles likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by Carl Johnson
Everything you say is true, but the people criticizing you don't even deserve any response at all.
People playing the blame game are only upset that they will be losing their favorite chat room. They should focus their energy on how to use their points and miles they've earned. ^
Old Jul 24, 2011, 9:52 am
Suspended

Now that it's over, I've got a process question: Was there a means to order more than $1,000 per order without having an exemption?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.