Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2009, 11:24 pm

Programs: WN,UA,AA,
only if the buyer spends the coins to purchase goods not to deposit into banks
Old Mar 12, 2009, 10:01 am

Native Americans available again.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 10:05 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime PLT
Did they get ride of free shipping?

I ordered 20 boxes, but received an invoice for $2754.95

The details then said "11 reserved, 9 S/O" (meaning they will charge on ship date I'm guessing?)

It also included a $4.95 shipping fee.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 10:11 am

On the web page, there was no shipping. But the email confirmation had $4.95. Even if the they end up charging me $4.95, that's not bad for 18 boxes. More disconcerting is that the email says:

1. NATIVE AMERICAN $250 BOX $1 COIN (N01)
Qty 18 @ $250.00 - Product not available.

So my grand total is $4.95 for zero boxes!
Old Mar 12, 2009, 10:16 am

Location: (not Montana. Nor is my name really Helena, nor am I female)
Programs: Delta, USAirways, Starwood, Priority Club, Marriott, Amex
Originally Posted by dhacker
Native Americans available again.
Where? I just checked the site 5 minutes ago and also just now, and it said "Product is not available." Could it have gone down so quickly, or am I looking in the wrong place?
Old Mar 12, 2009, 10:24 am

Now its back to not available. Maybe they just had a few boxes and they ran out while I was ordering.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 4:09 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
So, here's why the order tracking feature was disabled the last month...

Originally Posted by craz
you can once again track your order from The Mints website, that is if you registered with them and filled out all the forms, thusly having an acct with a Id and Password.

I didnt do it, as I dont use the same CC every time nor the same address and Im afraid this will just be a way for them to keep better track of things
This little article talks about why the order tracking feature was disabled, and then re-introduced, however, requiring you to create an account.

http://coins.about.com/b/2009/02/17/...ity-breach.htm

Originally Posted by about.com article
...Some ill-intentioned idiot put together the names and order numbers for several collectors who were sharing information online, and he used the Mint's Web site to cancel their UHRDE orders...
Old Mar 13, 2009, 7:15 am

Programs: UA MP, DL SkyMiles
My order from March 2 still remains "On hold" - whatever that means - I talked to a CSR a couple of days ago - and all she could tell me was they are doing address / CC verification - my CC doesnot show any pending charge - so not sure if this one will eventually fall through the cracks....anybody else seeing something similar?
Old Mar 13, 2009, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by thehawk75
This little article talks about why the order tracking feature was disabled, and then re-introduced, however, requiring you to create an account.

http://coins.about.com/b/2009/02/17/...ity-breach.htm

Citibank re-issued one of my credit cards due to a security breach they could not disclose. I had suspected (but cannot confirm) it may have something to do with the US Mint order still not processed from last month - all other transactions the CSR read off were perfectly correct.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 9:28 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by compuser1973
My order from March 2 still remains "On hold" - whatever that means - I talked to a CSR a couple of days ago - and all she could tell me was they are doing address / CC verification - my CC doesnot show any pending charge - so not sure if this one will eventually fall through the cracks....anybody else seeing something similar?
Also ordered about a week ago and the order is "On hold, pending credit card and address verification". Talked to a CSR and she could not give me any additional information except everything looked fine. Our credit card does have a pending transaction (but not actually charged) for the money. Will just wait and see if the coins ship.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 9:40 am

Programs: UA MP, DL SkyMiles
Originally Posted by deant
Also ordered about a week ago and the order is "On hold, pending credit card and address verification". Talked to a CSR and she could not give me any additional information except everything looked fine. Our credit card does have a pending transaction (but not actually charged) for the money. Will just wait and see if the coins ship.
Mine just says on Hold - not even mentioning credit card stuff - and my credit card company says they haven't hit even for authorization or hold....I guess I should try to check with the mint CSR again....
Old Mar 13, 2009, 9:56 am

The Order Status for my 18 NA's ordered yesterday is now:

Your order request has been shipped.

However, the Item Status is still:

Item is no longer available.

No charges on the CC yet.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 11:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by dhacker
The Order Status for my 18 NA's ordered yesterday is now:

Your order request has been shipped.

However, the Item Status is still:

Item is no longer available.

No charges on the CC yet.
the CC usually gets charged a day or 2 after its been shipped. Better put the same day but it takes a day or 2 till it appears

cant believe you ordered 18 and it was shipped, as there are any number of people who ordered before You did and are still waiting for theirs to clear
Old Mar 13, 2009, 2:26 pm

My order from February 21st still hasn't been processed and I can't even reach them on the phone: "We're unable to answer your call at this time".
Old Mar 13, 2009, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by craz
the CC usually gets charged a day or 2 after its been shipped. Better put the same day but it takes a day or 2 till it appears

cant believe you ordered 18 and it was shipped, as there are any number of people who ordered before You did and are still waiting for theirs to clear
I'm not so sure it is really shipped, and not just because the card wasn't charged. Time well tell.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.